• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Patriots "Elite Defense" Exposed By Almighty Jets

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You win. I am wrong.

Feel better?

tumblr_m7a1xmzel11qb4sdpo1_500.png

Relax, Francis. :suds:

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^

Enjoy the day.

Pats lost all is good in IPW world. The Sabres still suck and always will :P

:lol:

BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a bad game and to be honest this is one of the games where you really can't blame the wideouts. They were making the right moves and everything Brady was missing them left and right. Even with Gronkowski he couldn't get it done. That one pass he had to Gronkowski on the sidelines he should have had a touchdown just bad touch.

The defense played alright I guess but they never were elite they were just out performing the offense so we jumped on them because they were actually winning games and again they gave Brady chance after chance to come down the field and score and he messed it up.

As for the call in OT it was a bad call but the rule is the rule not use of crying over it, they were outplayed in some phases of the game, just move on and go get the Dolphins next week.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a bad game and to be honest this is one of the games where you really can't blame the wideouts. They were making the right moves and everything Brady was missing them left and right. Even with Gronkowski he couldn't get it done. That one pass he had to Gronkowski on the sidelines he should have had a touchdown just bad touch.

The defense played alright I guess but they never were elite they were just out performing the offense so we jumped on them because they were actually winning games and again they gave Brady chance after chance to come down the field and score and he messed it up.

As for the call in OT it was a bad call but the rule is the rule not use of crying over it, they were outplayed in some phases of the game, just move on and go get the Dolphins next week.

:clap:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I've been screaming all season long. At this point, it's becoming laughably obvious and Pats fans are starting to admit it. Kraft is going to have to address this via the draft or free agency.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever dude.

yea whatever i guess. btw you started a wr on a bye this week in fantasy. is it too hard to be active? the league been up for ten years on espn with alot of competative returning members. nobody likes free wins.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. He missed a lot of throws today but made a great one last week to beat the Saints. Of more concern, and I know I sound like a broken record, is why they didn't run the ball more; they were getting yards in good bunches, in fact the only two offensive TDs were runs. I believe Brady would have played better if he had relied on the run game more.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I've been screaming all season long. At this point, it's becoming laughably obvious and Pats fans are starting to admit it. Kraft is going to have to address this via the draft or free agency.

Hmm, yes Brady is reaching the last stretch of his amazing career and he has been well shy of stellar in several games. However, you don't bench a guy like him to see if someone else works out. I'd wait to see how the rest of this season plays out before jumping to hasty conclusions.

BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed.

I knew before the season that it would be a tough one, and I didn't say it here because well I wasn't here then but you could just sense it.

I know it seems like I am just looking for excuses but they are so obvious that they stand out to even the casual watcher. My sister-in-law watching the game today with us goes "why aren't they running the ball it was working." Just re-watch the game or watch highlights and you can see that they were making progress with the run, so why do you have Brady come out in OT and just force pass after pass when you know it isn't work. The Jets then started to key in on that and were making good break-ups and everything.

Brady can get pissed at the wideouts but he need to look at himself and ask "where the hell did I go wrong on that." Because time after time he is overthrowing or underthrowing and like I said now it has come to the point where you have to somewhat shift the blame to Brady because now the wideouts seem like they are getting the playbook a lot better and are doing what they need to do. Brady had Dobson on the slidelines as well one play and he just overthrew him and if he put a little more touch on that play Dobson would have ran down the sidelines for a touchdown.

As for the defense and this is easily making an excuse they are missing three of their big stars and of course it is going to be a little bit of a let down. But they still made some good plays Logan Ryan and his INT for a touchdown was good. But we can't keep on hoping the defense will make plays because they are injured and they aren't "elite" they are good but no where near "elite" an "elite" defense to me makes plays every step of the way, you can't have the Jets convert 50% or close to that on 3rd downs. (Not sure the exact number so forgive me). That was a key as well you won't win a game when you give them a 1st down on 3rd and 20. Just not going to happen.

Sorry for the long response just what was on my mind.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

I knew before the season that it would be a tough one, and I didn't say it here because well I wasn't here then but you could just sense it.

I know it seems like I am just looking for excuses but they are so obvious that they stand out to even the casual watcher. My sister-in-law watching the game today with us goes "why aren't they running the ball it was working." Just re-watch the game or watch highlights and you can see that they were making progress with the run, so why do you have Brady come out in OT and just force pass after pass when you know it isn't work. The Jets then started to key in on that and were making good break-ups and everything.

Brady can get pissed at the wideouts but he need to look at himself and ask "where the hell did I go wrong on that." Because time after time he is overthrowing or underthrowing and like I said now it has come to the point where you have to somewhat shift the blame to Brady because now the wideouts seem like they are getting the playbook a lot better and are doing what they need to do. Brady had Dobson on the slidelines as well one play and he just overthrew him and if he put a little more touch on that play Dobson would have ran down the sidelines for a touchdown.

As for the defense and this is easily making an excuse they are missing three of their big stars and of course it is going to be a little bit of a let down. But they still made some good plays Logan Ryan and his INT for a touchdown was good. But we can't keep on hoping the defense will make plays because they are injured and they aren't "elite" they are good but no where near "elite" an "elite" defense to me makes plays every step of the way, you can't have the Jets convert 50% or close to that on 3rd downs. (Not sure the exact number so forgive me). That was a key as well you won't win a game when you give them a 1st down on 3rd and 20. Just not going to happen.

Sorry for the long response just what was on my mind.

Amen, this is what I've been saying all day long.

BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that would make it a good call then. Jones was clearly guilty of the violation as per the rule.

Yeah you could say it was a good call. It was just not a a rule that I was aware of so I was pissed because it pretty much decided the game.

The only thing I really don't understand is that the commentators were saying that they put it in for player safety. Just a ticky-tacky call in my eyes but you can't really blame the refs as much because they were making a call that was in the rule book. Doesn't mean I need to agree with it.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys know as well as I do that there will be no accountability for Brady. The organization sold their soul to Brady and it's time to pay the piper. And it's going to be extremely painful for you fans. I'll savor every moment of it.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to know why the Pats abandoned the run?

One word - Brady

He controls the offense, and he always wants to be the one that wins a close game by passing it himself.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys know as well as I do that there will be no accountability for Brady. The organization sold their soul to Brady and it's time to pay the piper. And it's going to be extremely painful for you fans. I'll savor every moment of it.

That is not true. You actually believe we think Brady is going to be around forever? How easy to ignore all the things he has accomplished. I'm glad you will savor every moment of it, just don't understand what "it" is. Can you explain this last part for us?

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady getting worse with age, while Manning only gets better with age.

I love it

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not true. You actually believe we think Brady is going to be around forever? How easy to ignore all the things he has accomplished. I'm glad you will savor every moment of it, just don't understand what "it" is. Can you explain this last part for us?

Brady is in total control. You actually expect him to be benched before he's ready to walk away? Brady and Brady alone will decide when it's over and he's going to drag it out to the bitter end. Remember how we all thought Brett Favre was a spoiled little bitch? Brady will be playing when he's 43 and it'll probably cost Bill his job.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The penalty is stupid but it was the right call