• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well people here are sold that Graham will go to Texas.............. Lots of ASU fans here are thinking that.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham can't be hired as the next Texas HC. It was part of the contract terms of the deal for your AD taking the UT job.

Graham is staying at ASU.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham can't be hired as the next Texas HC. It was part of the contract terms of the deal for your AD taking the UT job.

Graham is staying at ASU.

Unless they pay X amount of money correct?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea someone said there is a way where he can get the job? What would Patterson have to do to work around that deal in the contract?

Well heres a section from azcentral.

But Crow said his permission was needed for Patterson to specifically leave for Texas and that “as a function of our agreement, he’s not allowed to hire someone from ASU.”

Patterson’s contract includes this non-compete section: “Patterson will not, without first obtaining the consent of the President, obtain employment as an athletic director at an institution within the state of Arizona or at the University of Texas at Austin. The parties agree that money damages would be inadequate to remedy a breach of this covenant.”

Further specifics on the stipulation against hiring anyone from ASU, such as the length of time it applies, were not immediately available. Crow said he believes it would stand up to a legal challenge.

Patterson could not be reached for comment and is expected to be introduced this week at Texas, where from 1975 to 1984 he was an undergraduate and attended law school. He is replacing DeLoss Dodds, who is retiring after 32 years, and Patterson is receiving a five-year contract.

Last edited by a moderator:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sat PAC games

USC @ Cal 12pm Fox
ASU @ Utah 1pm PAC12net
Colorado @ UW 5pm PAC12net
UCLA @ Zona 7pm ESPN

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC @ Cal 12pm Fox
ASU @ Utah 1pm PAC12net
Colorado @ UW 5pm PAC12net
UCLA @ Zona 7pm ESPN

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time UCLA played Arizona in Tucson this happened...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld_9zMvFdbQ]Fan Dressed as a Ref Stops UCLA Bruins vs. Arizona Wildcats Football Game! - YouTube[/ame]

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw check out the score. Not even halftime yet. LOL

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao that guy created that whole fight. ESPN called that guy "a knuckle head" typical lmao.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they pay X amount of money correct?

Nope. Graham's contract buyout this year would be 1.5 mil. Texas could easily cover that fine. But that's not it. As terms of the deal, he can't bring any ASU coaches with him. Since he now had final say in what coaches get hired at UT, they obviously wanted to make it contract bound that he couldn't just grab Graham and make him the new UT coach. If Brown is retired, UT will set their sights on someone with ties to the region and can deal with all the extra gaga that comes with the job.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway Pattaerson has been okay for us. I think hes a little overrated definitely better than Lisa Love. But the stadium design and informing the fans on what the stadium would look like after refurbishment was terrible. He just took to long to take action on the stadium. After 2 years he wants to tear down the north end zone so you can see the lake, but there plans to be buildings built there soon which takes away your view of the lake. Just really had no game plan on what his plans were with the stadium. He promised us it and he never even got close to a plan or starting the refurbishment. Now Texas wants to get some new facility's? You hired just the guy to do it lmao.

Get a solid AD that can help bring us a refurbished or new stadium please. And someone with a plan and design for the stadium. Along with getting us to play somewhere else or continuing to use Frank Kush Field until the refurbishments are done.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. I thought the anti- ASU hire agreement was part of his UT deal, but from the ASU side which makes more sense. But I had heard that part of the deal with UT was that Graham couldn't just come with him. That UT politics wouldn't allow it. The UT alum situation is very thick and they have tremendous power around the state and at the school.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. I thought the anti- ASU hire agreement was part of his UT deal, but from the ASU side which makes more sense. But I had heard that part of the deal with UT was that Graham couldn't just come with him. That UT politics wouldn't allow it. The UT alum situation is very thick and they have tremendous power around the state and at the school.

Graham is still a little young in terms of his coaching experience in a power conference to take a Texas job. Dont get me wrong I think hes going to be a great coach, but he hasn't got ASU a Pac 12 championship or a BCS bowl win. That Texas job is about 3-4 years away from Graham.

I think thats what the Texas Alums look at. Also his track record with texting the players. Outside the Pac there are a few people that still dont think Graham is a good coach after that incident.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure if ASU wants a massive facilities upgrade, they'll get a AD who can hit the ground running with that. They PAC12 broadcast deal makes it much easier. Each school is getting 20+ mil extra stuffed into their coffers each year now. Makes seeking facilities upgrades much easier.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure if ASU wants a massive facilities upgrade, they'll get a AD who can hit the ground running with that. They PAC12 broadcast deal makes it much easier. Each school is getting 20+ mil extra stuffed into their coffers each year now. Makes seeking facilities upgrades much easier.

How long did your refurbishments take for UWs new stadium. I mean they announced a new Stadium 2 years ago. Then just a couple months ago ASU sent out a survey to season ticket holders on what they like and dont like about the stadium. Its just been a mess to see what refurbishments the stadium will need and of course deciding on how to shade the fans has really been a bitch. Because the way Graham is coaching and recruiting getting a fancy new refurbished stadium would just add momentum to recruiting.

At least we can say by to the ugly ass canopy design. :suds: :yahoo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zgC1WV9lok]ASU Sun Devil Stadium - YouTube[/ame]

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham is still a little young in terms of his coaching experience in a power conference to take a Texas job. Dont get me wrong I think hes going to be a great coach, but he hasn't got ASU a Pac 12 championship or a BCS bowl win. That Texas job is about 3-4 years away from Graham.

I think thats what the Texas Alums look at. Also his track record with texting the players. Outside the Pac there are a few people that still dont think Graham is a good coach after that incident.

Agreed. UT is going to expect more of a resume from the new coach, including ties to the region. You need it to deal with all the politics and Texas recruiting gaga with the high schools.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't put too much stock in the initial architecture presentations. What the final thing will be, could be significantly different.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't put too much stock in the initial architecture presentations. What the final thing will be, could be significantly different.

Still scary to see them present that Canopy design. I mean recruits would run away if they saw that.

Status
Not open for further replies.