• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK!!

I never cuss on here. But I wanted to get it out of my system in case new rules are enforced and we're not allowed to anymore!!:suds:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think he is coming back.

Without getting myself into trouble, like I said, he wouldnt let a decision that was made regarding a poster go and after being told to stop he questioned it time and time again.

R.I.P

The whole ESPN thing was a joke though right?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the blue named admin that was posting here was me.

It turned into trolling the board for some starter threads in the toilet bowl.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does seem we have about a ban a month around this thread. Pac can't catch a break even for the fans. Damn east coast bias.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to ASJ!!! Nice PAC rep right there. Woof-Woof!!!

wpid-mediahandler.png

Washington junior Austin Seferian-Jenkins on Wednesday morning was named the winner of the John Mackey Award, given annually to the nation's top tight end.

The other finalists were North Carolina junior Eric Ebron and Florida State junior Nick O'Leary.

The award goes to the player who, the award website says, "best exemplifies the play, sportsmanship, academics, and community values of NFL Hall of Fame Tight End John Mackey." The winner was determined by the Mackey Award selection committee.

The awards show for 2013 college football starts on ESPU tomorrow at 3pm.

At 4pm, it switches over to ESPN. The Mackey award was announced in advance and will be show in that 1st hour on ESPNU. The others will be named during the ESPN part of coverage.

Other PAC players:

Kadeem Carey and Bishop Sankey are up for the Doak Walker award for nations best RB.
Brandin Cooks is up for the Biletnikoff award for nations best WR.
Anthony Barr is nominated for Chuck Bednarik award for DPOY.

Looks like ONLY Barr will get anything of a nationally award here. Carey and Sankey will cancel each other out and Cooks played for a 6-6 team that lost it's last 5. Cooks should win that B award simply for the fact that he drew double and triple coverages regularly.
:noidea::bullshit:

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it has. I ignore many pages a day now and have been posting less and less in it. The vibe has totally soured round these parts. And now they are banning my fellow dawgs. :tsk:

Maybe it's good that bowl season spells the end of the year. Might all need a break from this place. :noidea:

Bye wiz, I will miss you and your witty banter. Seriously, if you do leave, it has been fun with our love-hate relationship. Well who am I kidding, you hate me and I love that. I guess that is love hate?

JK man, I hope you don't leave. You bring good stuff here.

:suds:

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real story was this:

News came out earlier in the week that mcnabb was stepping down.

Mcnabb denied these reports.

A meeting was held with the board of regents and it was decided that he would be let go.

Im sure another board will pick him up soon, and in his place, the PAC thread has added another poster from Alabama.

seriously though, I like him a lot. One of the best Husky posters out there IMO. And aside from Wiz, the only one that could handle the trash talking without blowing a gasket. RIP Mcnabb!!!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha the Rangers drafted Russell Wilson today in the rule 5 MLB draft!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this thread really seems to be slowing down these days. I remember when I'd post something, come back and check the thread the next morning seeing if anyone had responded and having to go through like 5 new pages to find it.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because football season is almost over. All there is to talk about is bowl games and awards.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because football season is almost over. All there is to talk about is bowl games and awards.

True. There are always things to discuss leading up to the next season though.

Such as each new $100m+ "donation" to the University of Oregon to draw more recruits.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As if the conversations about football and bowls is the norm. It's 30% duck hate to the dawgs because they couldn't reach a decent bowl and have nothing better to do. 20% dawgs feeding them their garbage back. 15% jahii rambling on about god knows what. 10% IB and/or Mcnabb telling Mamba to fuck off. and 3% TF and his posts full of !!!!!!!!

Not much room for actual football chat up in this bitch.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so legitimate question. Should Stanford and Cal be moved to the south? The reason I ask, is the CA schools demand the weekend series. This means that Stanford and Cal will play UCLA and USC every year. This screws them in the rotation for the other south schools, and generally speaking gives the CA schools a greater chance at a loss each year. If you say yes, who do you move to the north? Or do we need to add 4 more schools and go with the PAC-8 vs. the Mountain/SW Pac?

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. There are always things to discuss leading up to the next season though.

Such as each new $100m+ "donation" to the University of Oregon to draw more recruits.

Or how UW has made Peterson the highest paid coach in the PAC. And you guys complain about Oregon having money. Overpaying coaches, a UW tradition.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so legitimate question. Should Stanford and Cal be moved to the south? The reason I ask, is the CA schools demand the weekend series. This means that Stanford and Cal will play UCLA and USC every year. This screws them in the rotation for the other south schools, and generally speaking gives the CA schools a greater chance at a loss each year. If you say yes, who do you move to the north? Or do we need to add 4 more schools and go with the PAC-8 vs. the Mountain/SW Pac?

Easy answer. GO BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS!!!

There was nothing wrong the with PAC10. I loved playing every team, every year. Kick Colorado and Utah back out, who needs them.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Cali schools were broken up because it was the only thing that allowed the 12 team alliance to form in the first place. California is the largest recruiting ground in the conference. None of the existing schools wanted to pass up having at least one road trip to a cali team per year to play in front of that states kids and get in recruiting visits during that game weekend.

The Cali schools all didn't want to pass up playing each other with their rivalries and also playing more games within their state for the same purpose.

This left the only available compromise of splitting the Cali schools, but making it so they played each other and the rest of the north and south had to skip the Cali schools in the opposite division at least every other cycle.

As far as I can tell UW flips back and forth with UCLA and USC playing each two years in a row (home/away) and then going back to the other. We then cycle the rest of the south skipping each once every 4 cycles.

There is no reasonable way to put the Cali schools in the same division and not muck up the recruiting trips for the rest of the conference. Just not going to happen.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting article about the 20 best recruiting jobs in CFB. Not the best recruiting classes, but rather which schools are the best to recruit to in terms of location, tradition, advantages, etc.

A few PAC schools made the list, but I don't see Washington. This has to be a mistake right? I mean, how can they not be on that list with their tradition, money, facilities, etc? I'm shocked!!

Top 20 recruiting jobs in college football

Status
Not open for further replies.