• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Oly, as I recall I did not play that one word game then, I believe it was just a regular post.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!
I agree 100& on the sentiment aspect, just not the team! :lol:

Make sure to check out the Rams boards when the season starts Oldtimer!

#H9Csuck!
Vita, thanks I will check out the Rams boards. I have been a Rams fan since 1956. I like your Avi, I think Todd will have an Impact from day one.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita, thanks I will check out the Rams boards. I have been a Rams fan since 1956. I like your Avi, I think Todd will have an Impact from day one.
@Retroram52 has a special club for old timers.

Rams fans that is...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the PAC winner debate, I think there are 6 teams with legit shots at winning the PAC. All 6 have strong arguments in favor, but also each has an Achilles heel that could cost them. In no particular order:

1.) USC: Strong qb play is pretty much mandatory to win the PAC. USC returns Cody Kessler who will be a senior, put up Heisman worthy numbers last year, but was overshadowed by Mariota and Hundley. He should at least be making the trip to New York this year. USC was already arguably the most talented team in the conference and were able to have a full recruiting class this year. USC will begin the season with 75 scholarship players, still not 85, but should be enough that, minus a bunch of injuries, depth shouldn't be too much of an issue. Experience, however, may well be an issue as sophomores and freshmen will depended upon to play key roles.

2.) Oregon: Pretty much the opposite of USC as far as strengths and weaknesses. You don't want to be trying to win the PAC with an inexperienced QB, but the Ducks should have enough experience and talent to win the North. Close games, where the QB has to make plays, could mean a loss or 2, especially earlier in the season. Oregon has a tough schedule too. Along with @Michigan St., they have Utah early, then end the season with a 5 game gauntlet of @ASU, Cal, @Stanford, USC and Oregon St. It'll be tough to get through all of that unscathed.

3.) Stanford: Similar to USC. They return a very good, experienced QB, but look to be inexperienced at other positions. Like USC, they will need some younger guys and/or guys who haven't played as much in the past to step up if they are going to get past Oregon.

4.) ASU: Not as inexperienced at QB as some other teams are with Bercovici as he has had some starts and looked good. But you can't exactly call him game experienced either. However, he's a senior, so at least he won't have the learning curve of a freshman or sophomore. If the players around him step up, the Sun Devils could easily win the PAC.

5.) Arizona: Looked good as a freshman. If he just has normal development from his freshman to sophomore season, he will make Arizona very dangerous. The defense should be solid as well. The question is whether or not they have enough overall talent to win the PAC South having to go through USC, ASU, UCLA and Utah.

6.) UCLA: Like Oregon, they are trying to replace a Heisman candidate at QB. They will be experienced and talented at positions around the QB, but will it be enough to win the South?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, my fucking nightmare would be Oregon vs USC for the CCG. I'd be praying for a draw due to earthquake or some shit. It does feel like USC is the favorite and it wouldn't shock me to see them win it.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 of last 6 PAC championships were led by 1st year starters at qb fwiw

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 3 PAC ccgs out of 6 QBs, 3 were first year.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually expect Stanford to finish with the same record as Oregon due to the favorable schedule, but to finish second in the North due to a head to head loss with the Ducks. I am open for all Avi bets this year. Standard one week straight up. I expect the Stanford secondary to shock some people and I think Solomon Thomas may surprise a few folks as a RS frosh on the D-line. Kid has put on 30ish pounds of muscle in the Turley program.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh and to advance us towards the 4.0 thread, I just have to say I hate the domers far more than CAL.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, my fucking nightmare would be Oregon vs USC for the CCG. I'd be praying for a draw due to earthquake or some shit. It does feel like USC is the favorite and it wouldn't shock me to see them win it.

Well, if it makes things easier for you, IF my Trojans make it to the CCG, I promise not to give you too much shit about it. After all, you're gonna have to deal with Ducks fans all year.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense TF12, but I've hated USC pretty much all of my life and having Sark go there pretty much rekindled that flame right back up. Remember, for most of the time I've been going to games Oregon was little more than a speed bump that occasionally upset us. I had no feelings toward them one way or another. But USC was the game you circled every year. Some of my best memories at the old husky stadium were thrashings put on USC and it really didn't matter if they were real contenders that year or on a down year. It always felt fucking fantastic.

In fact, the single greatest game I ever saw at husky stadium was the '90 game that was dubbed the "All I saw was purple" game up here. SC had beat UW many years in a row and was ranked #5 in the country when they can rolling in talking trash that day. They left beaten up and almost entirely destroyed after losing 31-0. That game is what let that team know they had arrived. After that exact moment they went on a run winning 3 straight rose bowls and a national title. It was the day we learned how dominating Steve Emtman and Dave Hoffman were. It was when we learned how great Mark Brunell really was.

So I'll take no joy in SC winning the Pac no matter what I feel about Oregon and their douchey fans.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense TF12, but I've hated USC pretty much all of my life and having Sark go there pretty much rekindled that flame right back up. Remember, for most of the time I've been going to games Oregon was little more than a speed bump that occasionally upset us. I had no feelings toward them one way or another. But USC was the game you circled every year. Some of my best memories at the old husky stadium were thrashings put on USC and it really didn't matter if they were real contenders that year or on a down year. It always felt fucking fantastic.

In fact, the single greatest game I ever saw at husky stadium was the '90 game that was dubbed the "All I saw was purple" game up here. SC had beat UW many years in a row and was ranked #5 in the country when they can rolling in talking trash that day. They left beaten up and almost entirely destroyed after losing 31-0. That game is what let that team know they had arrived. After that exact moment they went on a run winning 3 straight rose bowls and a national title. It was the day we learned how dominating Steve Emtman and Dave Hoffman were. It was when we learned how great Mark Brunell really was.

So I'll take no joy in SC winning the Pac no matter what I feel about Oregon and their douchey fans.

:lol: Sad thing is, "All I saw was purple" is probably Marijuanavich's most memorable quote from his time at USC.

Status
Not open for further replies.