• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The One Song Thread ( Idea )!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice.
The purpose of this thread (as laid out by the OP's opening post) is to post a song from a band you like which you think may convince someone that has never heard of that band, to perhaps become a fan.
Each day a different band's tune will be added....but it may also include a solo artist here and there.

For today it's:
The Clash....

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great intro, and sweet cover of the Olatunji tune.
So Badass...and just 1 year after their iconic performance at Woodstock.
They're one of my main inspirations why I decided to become a percussionist.
I've always appreciated Santana's work. Gregg Rolie was/is a beast on the keyboards.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great intro, and sweet cover of the Olatunji tune.
So Badass...and just 1 year after their iconic performance at Woodstock.
They're one of my main inspirations why I decided to become a percussionist.
I've always appreciated Santana's work. Gregg Rolie was/is a beast on the keyboards.
I love that you stated you were a percussionist. When asked who I think the best drummer was I tell people Niel Peart, but my favorite is Carl Palmer because I saw his as the first percussionist as I know a percussionist to be him and Alan White

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that you stated you were a percussionist. When asked who I think the best drummer was I tell people Niel Peart, but my favorite is Carl Palmer because I saw his as the first percussionist as I know a percussionist to be him and Alan White
Those you mentioned are/were great drummers, and arguably prog rock's best.
I've been playing drums for years, although it's just been hand drums (congas, bongos, djembe & doumbek) doing latin, jazz, funk, afro cuban & reggae. I have a full ensemble of percussion related instruments that I get into and play at least once or twice a week...but I haven't played a traps kit since the 90's. I prefer the soft, dulcet and organic sound of the hand drums these days, and the types of music they align with.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those you mentioned are/were great drummers, and arguably prog rock's best.
I've been playing drums for years, although it's just been hand drums (congas, bongos, djembe & doumbek) doing latin, jazz, funk, afro cuban & reggae. I have a full ensemble of percussion related instruments that I get into and play at least once or twice a week...but I haven't played a traps kit since the 90's.
Well I am also a big fan of Gene Krupa, I just love 40s Jazz / Swing those were real musicians to me. So much of today's music is to electronic or computerized for my tastes

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I am also a big fan of Gene Krupa, I just love 40s Jazz / Swing those were real musicians to me.
For sure. I dig that stuff too. That's when Jazz really took off.
My dad had a bunch of big band era 78 rpm records that he'd play...and I'd listen to a lot of them.
Krupa put drum kits on the map as a band's lead instrument, where as prior it was always piano +/or brass & horns.

Last edited:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one is really tough for me because Steely Dan is one of my top 5 all time favorite bands....
....so I'm gonna post 1 song (which is tough in and of itself) from each of their 9 albums...and let the chips fall where they may.

Enjoy, or don't....but at least lend an ear, if you dare....lol

In chronological order....

Off of Can't Buy a Thrill, (1972)

Countdown to Ecstasy, (1973)

Pretzel Logic, (1974)

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one is really tough for me because Steely Dan is one of my top 5 all time favorite bands....
....so I'm gonna post 1 song (which is tough in and of itself) from each of their 9 albums...and let the chips fall where they may.

Enjoy, or don't....but at least lend an ear, if you dare....lol

In chronological order....

Off of Can't Buy a Thrill, (1972)

Countdown to Ecstasy, (1973)

Pretzel Logic, (1974)

I have to agree

IMO Do It Again would be the one song/