• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The offseason stuff thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which Toronto airport is an island? I flew into that one in a prop plane. Not one of my favorite flights.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does Hossa get reevaluated for his "skin condition"? Gotta be cleared up by now.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy Bishop I believe. Pearson is the main Toronto airport. I'm thinking Tavares going to the Leafs is a very real possibility.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Le DG des Blue Jackets rencontrera Panarin en Russie - TVA Sports

Relevant section, google translated:
Columbus Blue Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen will travel to Russia to meet forward Artemi Panarin, who is at the center of transaction rumors.

The Athletic website also reported the news on Thursday.

Panarin representative Dan Milstein told TVA Sports that the CEO will travel to St Petersburg in the coming weeks to talk to the club's top scorer about his future.

According to the agent, it will not be a formal meeting, but a courtesy call.

"There will be no contract negotiation," said Milstein. Jarmo will be in Helsinki and it is about 45 minutes from St Petersburg [Ed: by plane]. It is not unusual for a general manager to talk to a player personally.

"He did it last August too. It's very common. "

Several sources have recently argued that Panarin, the Jackets' top scorer last year with 27 goals, would like to be traded and would like a transfer to New York, Florida or Los Angeles.

According to Milstein, the rumors that his client wants to leave Columbus are unfounded. He has publicly denied a gossip on Wednesday [that] his girlfriend wants to revive his (her?) modeling career in a cosmopolitan city.

"I do not see why Artemi would need a fresh start when he just scored 27 goals!" Said the agent.

The Russian could become a free agent at the end of the next campaign. He will pocket $ 6 million in his last year of contract.

"He is not in a hurry to sign a new agreement. He wants to take his time and know the intentions of the organization, "nuanced the agent.

The rumo(u)r sources are Friedman and Portzline.

At this point, the Athletic is the National Enquirer of the sports world.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GEtY_T.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which Toronto airport is an island? I flew into that one in a prop plane. Not one of my favorite flights.
If you can handle the prop planes it's a very handy airport. Much quicker to go through check-in/security than the nightmare that Pearson is these days.

But the small airline that operates most of the flights there has become very prone to delays. I've had three flights cancelled there on perfect days in the last year. Just suck it up and deal with Pearson mostly now.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 yr 2.5M Per.

Still have to sign Wilson and then next year they have Vrana, DSP (again), Burakovsky and Djoos. Year after that is Backstrom and Holtby.

They have 9m now and need the cap to go up by like 30m in the next two.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still have to sign Wilson and then next year they have Vrana, DSP (again), Burakovsky and Djoos. Year after that is Backstrom and Holtby.

They have 9m now and need the cap to go up by like 30m in the next two.

11 of 12 forwards, 5 of 6 defensemen, and starting goalie returning for the Stanley Cup Champions.

Or in other words:

[}=[[[[[[[[[
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not at all surprised Kempny is returning. Ever since Carlson resigned, I'd have been surprised if Kempny left.

Less than six months ago, he hadn't played in several games in a row, and he thought his NHL career was over.

now he finds himself on a top line defensive pairing with a partner he gelled instantly with, not to mention having his name on the Stanley Cup, and making significant contributions toward that cup.

For whatever reason, the Blackhawks defensive scheme wasn't one he could thrive in, and the Capitals defensive scheme is fitting him like a glove. He wasn't going to take the chance of moving into a different situation he wasn't sure of, when he had a chance to stay in DC, even if he could have made slightly more money elsewhere.