• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Officially Official Off Season Thread (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope the PTBNL is Kivlehan also. Either him, O'Neill, or Marlette.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C ?
!st move MM keep Napoli and Prince
alt DH
2nd Odor
3rd Beltre
SS Elvis
LF ?
CF ?
RF Choo
What do you think? Fill in the blanks with your best guesses. I see a couple of options but who knows. DDJ is requiring some thought. I like him in CF this year and see if he improves. Could play LF but not much power at the corner. Help out here. What do you like? Either way we have a OF position to feel.

Kind of slow now so I threw this out to kick around a while.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C ?
alt DH
2nd Odor
3rd Beltre
SS Elvis
LF ?
CF ?
RF Choo
What do you think? Fill in the blanks with your best guesses. I see a couple of options but who knows. DDJ is requiring some thought. I like him in CF this year and see if he improves. Could play LF but not much power at the corner. Help out here. What do you like? Either way we have a OF position to feel.

I think Chirinos, DeShields and Hamilton are your missing pieces. At least for Opening Day that is. I am hoping the PTBNL coming from Seattle has some influence on those decisions as the season goes by. Also, look for Mazara, Brinson and Gallo to have some significant playing time eventually in 2016.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chirinos, DeShields and Hamilton are your missing pieces. At least for Opening Day that is. I am hoping the PTBNL coming from Seattle has some influence on those decisions as the season goes by. Also, look for Mazara, Brinson and Gallo to have some significant playing time eventually in 2016.
Agree on the missing pieces. Some thought catcher was a position to improve. That's why I left it a ?. So you think most changes will come from the farm? If we move MM I thought we might get something there for the BP. Outfield positions are a little crowded. Wish Josh could be replaced with a RHB but doubt that happens.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C ?
alt DH
2nd Odor
3rd Beltre
SS Elvis
LF ?
CF ?
RF Choo

Think your upgrade needs to come at catcher like Lucroy. Maybe there is a potential 3 way involving Mitch. The way things are shaping up! I do not think Mitch is moved unless a significant piece or SP near ready at upper MILB level. Gonna need to be patient at CF

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope the PTBNL is Kivlehan also. Either him, O'Neill, or Marlette.

He was rostered by Seattle. Looks like he is pretty versatile and had a big hit last night

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think your upgrade needs to come at catcher like Lucroy. Maybe there is a potential 3 way involving Mitch. The way things are shaping up! I do not think Mitch is moved unless a significant piece or SP near ready at upper MILB level. Gonna need to be patient at CF

I think every effort will be made to move Moreland. His value is fairly high, since he's comingoff his best season. I know he's only under contract for 2016, and this may drop his stock some. But we've got to get rid of a LH bat and his makes the most sense.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every effort will be made to move Moreland. His value is fairly high, since he's comingoff his best season. I know he's only under contract for 2016, and this may drop his stock some. But we've got to get rid of a LH bat and his makes the most sense.
I agree. We don't need three at 1st.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We only have 2 first basemen presently. Napoli is not signed. Just saying we have a valuable piece and we are not going to unload without receiving fair value. But of course we need more RHBs. Maybe the piece from Seattle and Rua will help. I know it is a long shot but maybe Prince is moved. I would think there are several scenarios to get less left handed.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We only have 2 first basemen presently. Napoli is not signed. Just saying we have a valuable piece and we are not going to unload without receiving fair value. But of course we need more RHBs. Maybe the piece from Seattle and Rua will help. I know it is a long shot but maybe Prince is moved. I would think there are several scenarios to get less left handed.

Nap isn't signed, but it sure looks like he's going to be doesn't it? Some of us are making this assumption anyway. And if he is, Moreland is by far the most logical one to pack IMO.

You mentioned getting fair value for Mitch, and then bring up sending Prince elsewhere. What do you suppose Fielder's "fair value" is these days?

I still have some hope for Rua, but not as much as I had going into last season, I gotta admit.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a tough question for Prince. Most obviously say to move him mean we will eat money. I think his value has increased with last season but my nagging thought are his postseason production. Bad contracts for bad contracts lessens club cash outlay or giving adding a team friendly contract similar what we did with Harrison and Rockwall pitching prospect to Philly. Specifically though this is a toughie. Otherwise above my pay grade

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on the missing pieces. Some thought catcher was a position to improve. That's why I left it a ?. So you think most changes will come from the farm? If we move MM I thought we might get something there for the BP. Outfield positions are a little crowded. Wish Josh could be replaced with a RHB but doubt that happens.
I think if they add a good RH to the OF it will come in conjunction with moving Choo. I think as Levine said a few weeks back that they would like to do something creative, but wanting to and doing so are two different things. I will say they don't get that done, but it wouldn't shock me if they did.

I go back and forth about Mitch. I think even if they sign Napoli that a Napoli and Prince combo at 1B/DH would be a step down from what he had there in 2015. I like he idea of getting something for Mitch if we can find a good trade partner who will give up something of value for him. I just don't see how we replace him without spending more than this team seems willing to spend.

There is a possibility we could acquire the young catcher Marlette from Seattle, but Chirinos would still be starting the bulk of the time in 2016.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you move Prince who do you think we bring in to DH from the right side? Shouldn't it be a hitter good enough to match Prince's production? I personally think we need to upgrade our hitting so if we move Prince I would like to see a hitter brought in that could hit 30 HRs and hit .290 or above.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nap isn't signed, but it sure looks like he's going to be doesn't it? Some of us are making this assumption anyway. And if he is, Moreland is by far the most logical one to pack IMO.

You mentioned getting fair value for Mitch, and then bring up sending Prince elsewhere. What do you suppose Fielder's "fair value" is these days?

I still have some hope for Rua, but not as much as I had going into last season, I gotta admit.
I think I am going to reserve judgment on Rua until he gets a chance to play everyday for an extended period of time while healthy. The last time he got that chance he really impressed me.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you move Prince who do you think we bring in to DH from the right side? Shouldn't it be a hitter good enough to match Prince's production? I personally think we need to upgrade our hitting so if we move Prince I would like to see a hitter brought in that could hit 30 HRs and hit .290 or above.

just don't see any other American League team taking on that contract

Status
Not open for further replies.