• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 'Who are we kidding, we are sellers' trade dealine thread

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that but I don't think its a reason to stay pat at the deadline. Every deadline is opportunity to improve your team for the current year or future years.
I know this franchise is run by morons or people that don't give a shit but if they truly stay pat because they don't trust Z to sell then he obviously shouldn't be here.

In the end you guys are right its just frustrating that this franchise cant make smart baseball decisions to save its life.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see your points, too, seattlecoug

and yeah, it's incredibly frustrating

have to do something, of course, but it's just impossible to believe that the result will be good, especially since the incompetent jack z is on his way out the door.

[geek]kobyashi maru, and z is no jim kirk [/geek]

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Like someone on this board pointed out months ago, there's a logical way and a Mariners way. I foolishly get them confused at times.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack should never has gotten an extension nor should be the GM this year. He somehow received an extension for 4 good months of baseball in 3 years but it was still on him they floundered down the stretch and didn't make the playoffs. For all the praise he gave himself for last year he seems to forget they missed the playoffs because didn't get another starter or a power bat, not saying there were options out there but almost making the playoffs is still a failed season on his resume.

But it is kind of pointless to fire him cause they can't find a real GM midseason, and replacing him with an interim GM is just giving someone without the power to buy or sell at the deadline.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win lose win lose win lose win lose win lose win lose win lose ...... Mariners 2015 season in a nutshell so far....

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win lose win lose win lose win lose win lose win lose win lose ...... Mariners 2015 season in a nutshell so far....
i wish

they're 7 games under .500, so it's not even that rosy.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is frustrating cause they show glimpses of promise one game then play like shit the next. They make mental mistakes that get minor leaguers benched or demoted. This team is what it is, inconsistent pitchers, horrible defense and an all or nothing offense.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wish

they're 7 games under .500, so it's not even that rosy.

hehe ok throw in another loss every so often.... But seriously it's been that way for the last month or so ... It's maddening...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is frustrating cause they show glimpses of promise one game then play like shit the next. They make mental mistakes that get minor leaguers benched or demoted. This team is what it is, inconsistent pitchers, horrible defense and an all or nothing offense.

That's the problem with the way this roster was constructed. It was built to be inconsistent.

High OBP, good defense teams are going to consistently play good defense and get on base. Poor defense, low OBP, high HR teams are going to blow up one day and score 7+ runs, the other day they won't score shit.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have been shut out nine times this year. They have shut out the opposition eight times. They've pulled off the feat of getting shut out and then shutting out the opponent on back-to-back days three times in the last month. They have had hope-inducing wins followed by shattering losses so many times that you know better than to look for that spark game anymore. It's not to say that it won't happen, says the Pollyanna angel still perched precariously on my right shoulder, but for now let's just point that out after the fact, when and if it happens.

The Mariners' last winning streak of three took place 42 games ago. On the flip side, the last losing streak of more than two was 34 games ago. The team has played .500 baseball since its seven-game losing streak came to an end June 6 and it has alternated wins and losses the past 12 games. In the wins, the Mariners have outscored their opponents 37-14. In the losses, they have been outscored 40-15. In a word, the last month in particular has been maddening. For manager Lloyd McClendon, it goes back further than that.