• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE Official MBBRL 2016 Dynasty Fantasy Draft thread

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round One
1) Barilko's Oilers--Ezekiel Elliott
2) Milk's Flying Graysons--OTC(but not really OTC yet.)
3) Steelerspride
4) Cru Jones
5) Fuzzy Power
6) Smitty's Snakes
7) That's What Cheesehead
8) Smitty's Snakes
9) Fuzzy Power
10) Mickey's Pirates
11) Ram Tough
12) That's What Cheesehead
13) Harold Seattle
14) Treff's Fudpuckers
@Microwahevo
hey thank you sir so with all the confusion (no fault towards anyone implied)

if you dont mind where exactly do we stand

how many per roster as of now or Sunday night when draft is official

do we need to cut
as many are way over 18

how many rounds 5 each i think

can some one draft all 5 rounds if over 18 or do they need to cut to 17 if drafting 1
16 if drafting 2
15 if drafting 3
etc etc..

so are cuts done before or after draft

or even during

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Microwahevo
hey thank you sir so with all the confusion (no fault towards anyone implied)

if you dont mind where exactly do we stand

how many per roster as of now or Sunday night when draft is official

do we need to cut
as many are way over 18

how many rounds 5 each i think

can some one draft all 5 rounds if over 18 or do they need to cut to 17 if drafting 1
16 if drafting 2
15 if drafting 3
etc etc..

so are cuts done before or after draft

or even during

Just in case Micro isn't on for awhile-
18 spots, always. 18 before, 18 during, 18 after. Drop during the draft, if you've already dropped before hand, than just draft. If you have 18 on the roster, a player must be dropped before you pick. 5 rounds, participation in any round is not mandatory and skipping any round doesn't exclude a team from the next round (ie-you can choose not to drop and draft in round 3, see a player you like dropped by another owner, and still take your pick in rounds 4 and 5)

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just in case Micro isn't on for awhile-
18 spots, always. 18 before, 18 during, 18 after. Drop during the draft, if you've already dropped before hand, than just draft. If you have 18 on the roster, a player must be dropped before you pick. 5 rounds, participation in any round is not mandatory and skipping any round doesn't exclude a team from the next round (ie-you can choose not to drop and draft in round 3, see a player you like dropped by another owner, and still take your pick in rounds 4 and 5)
Yes. And please announce your drop BEFORE you pick. I will track the drafted players, but not the dropped ones. That's up to everyone to keep track of. And you can always look at the FAs on the Fantrax site for a list of who is available for drafting, excluding any rookies already drafted of course.

I will try and import the drafted player as soon as I can get to it. I won't start importing until Monday b/c that's when it "officially" starts.

And after 5 rounds of drafting, everyone else will be put into the FA pool and can be picked up there.

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Microwahevo @TREFF ok thanks guys

so no matter what everyone should be down to 18 before the draft officially starts

whether they are drafting or not we all should have no more then 18
correct?

as of now?
as of Sunday night what time?
as of Monday Morn what time?

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just checked from what i see not much worry there^^^^^ only Smitty's Snakes over 18

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Microwahevo @TREFF ok thanks guys

so no matter what everyone should be down to 18 before the draft officially starts

whether they are drafting or not we all should have no more then 18
correct?

as of now?
as of Sunday night what time?
as of Monday Morn what time?
We honestly should never be over 18, but since the only failsafe for an "illegal" roster is not being able to add/drop or submit a lineup, there's nothing in place at this time if year to keep it from happening, other than our policing ourselves. So technically, Smitty needs to drop 2 before he can draft one, probably should drop one now to be completely fair

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. And please announce your drop BEFORE you pick. I will track the drafted players, but not the dropped ones. That's up to everyone to keep track of. And you can always look at the FAs on the Fantrax site for a list of who is available for drafting, excluding any rookies already drafted of course.

I will try and import the drafted player as soon as I can get to it. I won't start importing until Monday b/c that's when it "officially" starts.

And after 5 rounds of drafting, everyone else will be put into the FA pool and can be picked up there.
It'd save you some time and energy if we owners would just go directly to Fantrax and do the drops ourselves, that's what I plan on doing

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We honestly should never be over 18, but since the only failsafe for an "illegal" roster is not being able to add/drop or submit a lineup, there's nothing in place at this time if year to keep it from happening, other than our policing ourselves. So technically, Smitty needs to drop 2 before he can draft one, probably should drop one now to be completely fair
I'm not gonna bury Calvin until he starts to smell!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be willing to trade down, if anyone is interested. A new plan is being formulated as we speak!!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id give you West, Shoelace and Calvin for your second rounder...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang Smitty. I hadn't given your roster much of a look since last season. You've got some tough calls to make. I've got a good 3-5 guys that most would consider no brainers to dump. .you've got virtually zero other than Calvin. Good thing you don't have to dump anyone

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't take Zeke #1.

Backfield is waaaaay too crowded.
Given the probability. .not possibility, but probability, neither would create much if any dead money against the cap. .that one or both of the vets will be gone come week 1. .who else would you even consider at #1? Assume need is not an issue, simply best value is all that matters, who would you take?

Personally, Dick Vermeil could come out of retirement, take over any team in the league, draft Derrick Henry tonight, and put it in writing that his singular goal in life is to make Henry better than Holmes and Faulk...and I'd still take Zeke

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the probability. .not possibility, but probability, neither would create much if any dead money against the cap. .that one or both of the vets will be gone come week 1. .who else would you even consider at #1? Assume need is not an issue, simply best value is all that matters, who would you take?

Personally, Dick Vermeil could come out of retirement, take over any team in the league, draft Derrick Henry tonight, and put it in writing that his singular goal in life is to make Henry better than Holmes and Faulk...and I'd still take Zeke
Henry is as tall as me, with smaller hands. And I'm a dude known for having tiny hands. I'm taking Zeke over him too.

But Id love to see Vermeil reveal the secret he wants to work with Jim Bob Cooter before it's too late.

I don't know why they would cut anyone they have. The running game was definitely not an issue last year. And depth is always better than lack of depth. Competition breeds success. Not that I don't see success for Zeke. But I don't understand the logic in using him more because of where the Cowboys took him. I think he could be part of a great running game though for sure.

Not sure who I think I'd draft #1. Only one RB has a place to call home so far. My reluctance to put Zeke at the top is me assuming someone else will be in a better position to dominate an offense's play calling.

And the Cowboys are really weird with Rbs. Random weird. All over the place weird.

It could go the Murray route where they just ride or die. Then he's the greatest pick ever.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang Smitty. I hadn't given your roster much of a look since last season. You've got some tough calls to make. I've got a good 3-5 guys that most would consider no brainers to dump. .you've got virtually zero other than Calvin. Good thing you don't have to dump anyone
And I really don't feel comfortable cutting CJ. I witnessed his football soul leave his body. But I don't doubt he could wake up one day and want to play.

Plus, (and this is where draft position comes into play, still, in year two.) he was my second round pick. I didn't take him there with one year of expectations. If he were hurt and out all year, I wouldn't cut him. Even if he wasn't sure about coming back.

It'd really hurt me if he returns and I don't have him. Worse if I don't have him because I cut him.