• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game last night and we took two points and i saw my first three on three OT it was awesome. The crowd was 50% Flyers fans it was an great win. Ghost to Gee right in front of me was incredible and the two players who needed it most. The crowd went crazy it was like a home game.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game last night and we took two points and i saw my first three on three OT it was awesome. The crowd was 50% Flyers fans it was an great win. Ghost to Gee right in front of me was incredible and the two players who needed it most. The crowd went crazy it was like a home game.

That was the kind of effort last night that we've been in search of for probably the last three weeks. We faced all kinds of adversity with the 0-2 deficit, the disallowed goal and numerous things not going our way, but battled through it and prevailed. 47 shots on net with likely 75+ shot attempts.

The lines probably need to stay this way or close. Couturier and Read have seemingly always had chemistry together. Other pairings such as Giroux/Voracek, Schenn/Simmonds and the entire fourth line work well together also.

Provorov was a monster again in this one. Schenn and Simmonds too. Mase made big, timely saves to hold us in it. And yes, if we had to hand pick a man to score the game winner, it definitely would've been Giroux. His reaction tells us everything you need to know. I believe they said it was his franchise record 9th game winner in overtime.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the kind of effort last night that we've been in search of for probably the last three weeks. We faced all kinds of adversity with the 0-2 deficit, the disallowed goal and numerous things not going our way, but battled through it and prevailed. 47 shots on net with likely 75+ shot attempts.

The lines probably need to stay this way or close. Couturier and Read have seemingly always had chemistry together. Other pairings such as Giroux/Voracek, Schenn/Simmonds and the entire fourth line work well together also.

Provorov was a monster again in this one. Schenn and Simmonds too. Mase made big, timely saves to hold us in it. And yes, if we had to hand pick a man to score the game winner, it definitely would've been Giroux. His reaction tells us everything you need to know. I believe they said it was his franchise record 9th game winner in overtime.
Mase made a save on Taveras in OT on a breakaway that was the game in a nutshell. We need to keep it going.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got really lucky as someone just handed me skybox tix for tonights Rangers vs Kings Lets go Kings!!!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got really lucky as someone just handed me skybox tix for tonights Rangers vs Kings Lets go Kings!!!!

So much for that. We have zero shot at catching the teams ahead of us in the Metro until we start beating them head to head and in regulation.

That said, with Boston, Florida, Carolina and Detroit having lost a combined 14 straight games, we find ourselves back in a playoff spot via fewer games played. The loss to NJ definitely hurt a lot, but we deserved a much better fate in that game and made up for it some against the Isles.

For now, there are 9 teams separated by 5 points going for that last wild card and we are leading that group. Our next few games are going to be enormous as they are against rivals fighting for these playoff spots.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for that. We have zero shot at catching the teams ahead of us in the Metro until we start beating them head to head and in regulation.

That said, with Boston, Florida, Carolina and Detroit having lost a combined 14 straight games, we find ourselves back in a playoff spot via fewer games played. The loss to NJ definitely hurt a lot, but we deserved a much better fate in that game and made up for it some against the Isles.

For now, there are 9 teams separated by 5 points going for that last wild card and we are leading that group. Our next few games are going to be enormous as they are against rivals fighting for these playoff spots.
Mav we can start beating the teams ahead of us tomorrow when we beat the Rags on national TV. We had a real good second half last season and we seem to be a team that follows patterns so im hoping a nice second half run starts tomorrow. We dont have to win 10 in a row lets just start going on 3 out of fours and that should be good to get us moving up the ladder.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mav we can start beating the teams ahead of us tomorrow when we beat the Rags on national TV. We had a real good second half last season and we seem to be a team that follows patterns so im hoping a nice second half run starts tomorrow. We dont have to win 10 in a row lets just start going on 3 out of fours and that should be good to get us moving up the ladder.

I'd love to, but I'm not sure that we're up for the challenge quite yet. I'm just hoping to beat Toronto and Carolina in the following two games.

Either way, tomorrow is my birthday and I'd like nothing more than the Flyers to beat the Rangers in regulation to celebrate it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to, but I'm not sure that we're up for the challenge quite yet. I'm just hoping to beat Toronto and Carolina in the following two games.

Either way, tomorrow is my birthday and I'd like nothing more than the Flyers to beat the Rangers in regulation to celebrate it.

Happy Birthday Eve !:party:LETS GO FLYERS!!!!!

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bill Meltzer:

"...although the Flyers still can't seem to beat the Devils, the rest of the league is doing it plenty."

:heh:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bill Meltzer:

"...although the Flyers still can't seem to beat the Devils, the rest of the league is doing it plenty."

True. Very annoying too. We may want to figure them out also because we play them three more fucking times.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bill Meltzer:

They play a tough game against us and we are not up to the challenge physically.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright boys, I called in sick for this one...Lol Why? Because fuck it, I never do this.

Hoping for a huge win tonight and either way, I will probably be drinking myself silly within the coming hours.

Biggest fucking game of our season to date. I want G to lead our warriors to victory this evening! Let's go Flyers!!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mase can't keep this up for the entire game. We need to be a lot more responsible with the puck. Should be trailing, but it's a tie game on the road to this point, so we will take it. Have to be better though.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wayne Simmonds shovels it home on the power play. 1-0 Flyers midway through the 3rd. Let's see if we can hang onto this and steal one. Would be enormous for us.