• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Provorov is a legitimate 1st paring guy. Ghost isn't going anywhere. We have Sanheim, Morin and Myers in the system. Hagg is another. I wouldn't want to move any of them but would be least pissed if it was Hagg.

Agreed, but Hagg has little to no trade value right now.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes.

That was a bad two games, especially the Boston game. That's the worst I've seen an NHL team look in a long time. And then they get nothing going against Washington. I'm not as embarrassed because they're a good team, but the Bruins are mediocre at best. To give up 6 goals to them is awful. Really bad way to go in to 5 days off..

I would start considering trading the UFAs.. MDZ, Streit, Neuvy.. If this weekend was any indication, this team isn't going anywhere this season. The 10 game win streak is masking a lot of issues. They will be out of the playoffs when their next game rolls around, maybe 2-3 spots out of the playoffs..

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes.

That was a bad two games, especially the Boston game. That's the worst I've seen an NHL team look in a long time. And then they get nothing going against Washington. I'm not as embarrassed because they're a good team, but the Bruins are mediocre at best. To give up 6 goals to them is awful. Really bad way to go in to 5 days off..

I would start considering trading the UFAs.. MDZ, Streit, Neuvy.. If this weekend was any indication, this team isn't going anywhere this season. The 10 game win streak is masking a lot of issues. They will be out of the playoffs when their next game rolls around, maybe 2-3 spots out of the playoffs..

What pisses me off, is that after all the mistakes against the Caps-cross ice passes in traffic-they show Hakstol,and the guy is not moving a muscle.Throw a god damn tantrum,and wake these guys up.Nobody knows how to play defence.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it has come to Mase and Stolarz but the Mase contract should be nice and short because i still think he is not a goalie that can win us a cup and we have some really good goalies in the system. to replace him with shortly after next season.

Not to pile on the crap when the team isn't playing well, but I think you're right on here. Just taking a quick look at the other teams in the East, I count 10 teams whose goalie I would definitely take over Mason/Neuvirth if we were just looking at this year's playoffs: Was, CBJ, Bos, Pit, Ott, Tor, NJ, TB, Fla, NYR, and I'd have to give serious thought to NYI.

Point being is that you're right neither of these guys is leading this team to the Cup, so it doesn't really matter which one they re-sign in the offseason. We really need to focus on the development of the prospects.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/flailing-flyers-lack-answers-recent-struggles-201549712--nhl.html

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Provorov is a legitimate 1st paring guy. Ghost isn't going anywhere. We have Sanheim, Morin and Myers in the system. Hagg is another. I wouldn't want to move any of them but would be least pissed if it was Hagg.
It looks like nobody is going anywhere for the time being but we could probably package hagg to get his value up.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to pile on the crap when the team isn't playing well, but I think you're right on here. Just taking a quick look at the other teams in the East, I count 10 teams whose goalie I would definitely take over Mason/Neuvirth if we were just looking at this year's playoffs: Was, CBJ, Bos, Pit, Ott, Tor, NJ, TB, Fla, NYR, and I'd have to give serious thought to NYI.

Point being is that you're right neither of these guys is leading this team to the Cup, so it doesn't really matter which one they re-sign in the offseason. We really need to focus on the development of the prospects.
10 goalies before our number one is just makes me depressed that this is probably true.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Streit and Schultz will be off the payroll next season and I'm thinking that we let MDZ walk as well. Morin, Sanheim and Myers may be able to fill all three of those positions. Then, the youth movement on defense will about be complete. At that stage, we can bench MacDonald and perhaps later buy him out.
We will need to have some experience back there i dont know how or who but im not sure all those young dmen at the same time will be good for us.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes.

We are terrible right now hope they reflect all 5 days on that and get back to moving their feet and get some offensive confidence.