• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This says Konecny is 5-10 and now 183. Cousins 5-10 and 177 lbs, G 5-11 and 172, lbs, Read 5-10 and 185 lbs. I think Konecny may fall behind only G on this list talent wise. I can understand the theory that someone so young needs more seasoning, but the "he is undersized" no longer sounds like an issue. Once the season starts I can see him going back down to 175, but he will not lose any muscle. He has nothing left to learn at the Jr. level. At least Sanheim can get his feet wet in the AHL this year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This says Konecny is 5-10 and now 183. Cousins 5-10 and 177 lbs, G 5-11 and 172, lbs, Read 5-10 and 185 lbs. I think Konecny may fall behind only G on this list talent wise. I can understand the theory that someone so young needs more seasoning, but the "he is undersized" no longer sounds like an issue. Once the season starts I can see him going back down to 175, but he will not lose any muscle. He has nothing left to learn at the Jr. level. At least Sanheim can get his feet wet in the AHL this year.
We need his speed and any offense he can provide. Going back down to juniors would be a waste of time. Hope he has a good camp and we don't have to worry about him making the team.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope both Provorov and Konecny make the team and battle each other for the Calder. Now that's a dream come true scenario.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without looking at specifics, the Rangers just fleeced the Senators with this deal. They upgrade a pick five rounds, get the younger player and in all honesty, the better player too.
And save 2.5 million

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya.. i like that deal for the Rangers unfortunately. Brassard's only going to be better for the next year, maybe two, if he's even better right now. A 2nd and cap space to boot.

Curious move by the Sens. Must be looking for some veteran leadership and maybe a little more dimensional player?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya.. i like that deal for the Rangers unfortunately. Brassard's only going to be better for the next year, maybe two, if he's even better right now. A 2nd and cap space to boot.

Curious move by the Sens. Must be looking for some veteran leadership and maybe a little more dimensional player?

Right. Why on earth would the Sens do this? Do they think they are a team that is one piece away from a long Stanley Cup run? Seriously!?!

Furthermore, Brassard is a free agent after only 3 more seasons. He could simply walk after that. Zibanejad is 5 and a half years younger, about $2.4 million cheaper this season and will be a RFA.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. Why on earth would the Sens do this? Do they think they are a team that is one piece away from a long Stanley Cup run? Seriously!?!

Furthermore, Brassard is a free agent after only 3 more seasons. He could simply walk after that. Zibanejad is 5 and a half years younger, about $2.4 million cheaper this season and will be a RFA.

Ya i've got nothing. Very strange move. They must just not believe in Zibanejad? Traditional stats wise they were almost identical last year. I wonder if it's a fancy stats move that i just dont see? That's too complicated for me to look up haha.

One thing that could make sense.. they've got a whole slew of guys with expiring contracts this year, maybe they wanted a little less uncertainty?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya i've got nothing. Very strange move. They must just not believe in Zibanejad? Traditional stats wise they were almost identical last year. I wonder if it's a fancy stats move that i just dont see? That's too complicated for me to look up haha.

One thing that could make sense.. they've got a whole slew of guys with expiring contracts this year, maybe they wanted a little less uncertainty?
I was thinking this may have been an in house situation where players/coaches didn't like his attitude or vise versa.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just a bad trade right now hope it works against the Rags in the future and when I say future I mean starting this upcoming season

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking this may have been an in house situation where players/coaches didn't like his attitude or vise versa.

That's interesting because there were people with presumably more knowledge of this on the main board saying Brassard was the one of the two who was a locker room cancer so to speak...Lol

I obviously hope this trade doesn't work out for the Rangers, but I think it will. They absolutely made out here. Zibanejad is very underrated, I even remember this from a fantasy prospective. He was one of my best players this past season because he was listed as a winger, but took a lot of face offs and still racked up points.

So, they can clearly use him as a center or a winger and he obviously has way more potential than Brassard.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's interesting because there were people with presumably more knowledge of this on the main board saying Brassard was the one of the two who was a locker room cancer so to speak...Lol

I obviously hope this trade doesn't work out for the Rangers, but I think it will. They absolutely made out here. Zibanejad is very underrated, I even remember this from a fantasy prospective. He was one of my best players this past season because he was listed as a winger, but took a lot of face offs and still racked up points.

So, they can clearly use him as a center or a winger and he obviously has way more potential than Brassard.
ZBJ has more size is the same on faceoffs and the two big things for the rags is hes a lot younger and costs less. My only hope is that he is a RFA after this season and get caught up in a contract squabble and sours on the team or second best option is we have seen his best season and he never gets better.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read an article that basically said don't forget about Hagg. In 2017-2018 we will only have Gudas, Ghost and A Mac under contract. Could be setting up for an interesting defense corp. Provorov will be ready (hopefully this year), Sanheim, Morin and Hagg should be ready. Myers, Wilcox and Pettersson and Alt are still in the system. Our top 5-6 forwards and Konecny will all be around. We may have a heavy veteran presence at forward and a bunch of youngsters at the back end.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schenn will probably come right down to the wire like Johanssen and the Caps did. I'm not worried about it.