• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player stats since the trade deadline.

Mark Streit 10 games 1 Goal 4 assists plus 2
Valtteri Flippula 10 games 1 Goal 2 assists minus 5

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a fair stat my friend. Look where Striet went vs where Flip ended up lol. Wasn't good for him. He'll be gone in the off season and we got rid of Streit. Win win in my book.:yes:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fair stat my friend. Look where Striet went vs where Flip ended up lol. Wasn't good for him. He'll be gone in the off season and we got rid of Streit. Win win in my book.:yes:
Flipper has another year at 5 million on his contract he wont be gone this summer. Also if we were looking to get rid of Streit a nice second rounder would've been fine.:scratch:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flipper has another year at 5 million on his contract he wont be gone this summer. Also if we were looking to get rid of Streit a nice second rounder would've been fine.:scratch:

I think they may look to get rid of him, but if not he is a decent puck handler. Yea prospects for Streit may have been a better deal. I feel if we just concentrate on bringing in a true scorer(sniper) and a solid blue collar guy that can score we will be in good shape.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they may look to get rid of him, but if not he is a decent puck handler. Yea prospects for Streit may have been a better deal. I feel if we just concentrate on bringing in a true scorer(sniper) and a solid blue collar guy that can score we will be in good shape.
Filppula is not going anywhere. Hexy said shortly after the trade that he would be the 2c next season as well because they would not be able to get a player of his caliber, at that price in upcoming FA.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Big difference playing with the Flyers vs playing with the Pens. Goal differential is a huge gap between us. Of course Streight is going to be on the plus side. We have a winning record and have a minus in our goals for/ goals against. How does that happen?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with you on that i wish we could've brought in both those types of players which we sorely need. The scorer we cant get because Hexy isn't trading any star defenseman and the blue collar guy we had in Ryan White and Hexy let him go. Maybe in 2018-19 when Read and Flippula come off the books we can sign a sniper.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One player is a defenseman and one is second line center can we factor that in also.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big difference playing with the Flyers vs playing with the Pens. Goal differential is a huge gap between us. Of course Streight is going to be on the plus side. We have a winning record and have a minus in our goals for/ goals against. How does that happen?
Plus minus is not the problem. We traded a guy to get rid of his salary and took back a player with the same salary.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Filppula is not going anywhere. Hexy said shortly after the trade that he would be the 2c next season as well because they would not be able to get a player of his caliber, at that price in upcoming FA.
Okay I missed that statement. Not too pissed about it because he's a decent puck mover. Would love a full youth movement though.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, here's a start. We're 0-5-0 against two of the worst teams in all of hockey. Arizona and New Jersey. That's right, zero points. We've scored only 10 goals in those games and given up a whopping 23 against two of the five lowest scoring Nhl teams. That kind of thing will ruin your team goal differential.

Our offense was there earlier in the season, but since then, we've been throttled a lot more often and by some really bad teams.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here's a start. We're 0-5-0 against two of the worst teams in all of hockey. Arizona and New Jersey. That's right, zero points. We've scored only 10 goals in those games and given up a whopping 23 against two of the five lowest scoring Nhl teams. That kind of thing will ruin your team goal differential.

Our offense was there earlier in the season, but since then, we've been throttled a lot more often and by some really bad teams.
For a couple of years now we have played well against playoff teams and struggled badly against non playoff teams. i think last year it was a huge disparity that almost kept us out of the playoffs.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a couple of years now we have played well against playoff teams and struggled badly against non playoff teams. i think last year it was a huge disparity that almost kept us out of the playoffs.

I agree with this and what Mav says. So if we are losing constantly to losing teams to me that points to a leadership issue?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this and what Mav says. So if we are losing constantly to losing teams to me that points to a leadership issue?
Everything seems to point to a leadership issue on this team but what to do about that is the bigger issue.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on team leadership either, but I think the biggest stat to look at is this:

Home Record: 21-11-4
Away Record: 12-20-4

Such a large disparity between a team's home and away records usually indicates that the team has some top-end talent hence the ability to win games at home where they are better able to control on ice match-ups, but also indicates that the team lacks depth and the ability to win games on the road where they can't control the match-ups and the lack of depth gets exposed.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on team leadership either, but I think the biggest stat to look at is this:

Home Record: 21-11-4
Away Record: 12-20-4

Such a large disparity between a team's home and away records usually indicates that the team has some top-end talent hence the ability to win games at home where they are better able to control on ice match-ups, but also indicates that the team lacks depth and the ability to win games on the road where they can't control the match-ups and the lack of depth gets exposed.
This is a lack of talent and also a lack of leadership as our team is not up for road games. I believe our team if we played to our potential we have enough talent to make the playoffs.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a lack of talent and also a lack of leadership as our team is not up for road games. I believe our team if we played to our potential we have enough talent to make the playoffs.

The talent is there, but without any leadership and the fact that these guys just can't get their shit together as a unit is what is continually beating them.