• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's the stress getting to them........:L

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Mac is stuck with us for another 3 or so years. Ugh:L Damn it Homer!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not worth anywhere near his contract but I was pleasantly surprised at his play when DelZotto went down.
It's not that he was terrible, it's the length of the contract and salary that's killing me. It's the same thing with RJ, although he will most certainly be bought out this summer. Once we shed these contracts, Hextall can move forawrd and piece together a roster he wants to build. He has his coach, some kep players, but now he needs to hit on the draft and continue to develop the stable of dmen in the minors. We are getting closer to accomplishing this.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So i've been reading to day that they might not force teams to protect players with NMC on expiring contracts. Which would eliminate the need to protect Umberger if they chose not to buy him out. I think they will anyway. Also I don't think Streit would count as a 'must protect' because he only has a NTC. Regardless, his contract expires after the '16-'17 season anyway, which would take him off the list too.

I think the Flyers are in great shape for the expansion draft not affecting them.

Giroux
Voracek
Simmonds
Couturier
Schenn
Raffl
Cousins

Ghost
MDZ
Gudas

Mason

Ineligible: Provorov, Sanheim, Konecny, Lindblom, Aube-Kubel, Morin
Eligible: Hagg, Stolarz, Leier, Schultz, AMac, Manning, Laughton, Read
Free Agents: Neuvirth, Streit, Umberger, Vandevelde, Bellemare

Like the article says, I doubt Stolarz is one of the goalies that gets taken since you have teams that will have to decide between the likes of Bishop/Vasilevski and Fluery/Murray. To me, that leaves the most worrying claim down to who you pick to protect Laughton vs. Cousins vs. Read. And really, in the long run, that's not a big concern.

In 2018, when Morin graduates to 'Eligible' I would imagine they'd leave Gudas open instead if they feel Morin has the look of a future impact player.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i've been reading to day that they might not force teams to protect players with NMC on expiring contracts. Which would eliminate the need to protect Umberger if they chose not to buy him out. I think they will anyway. Also I don't think Streit would count as a 'must protect' because he only has a NTC. Regardless, his contract expires after the '16-'17 season anyway, which would take him off the list too.

I think the Flyers are in great shape for the expansion draft not affecting them.

Giroux
Voracek
Simmonds
Couturier
Schenn
Raffl
Cousins

Ghost
MDZ
Gudas

Mason

Ineligible: Provorov, Sanheim, Konecny, Lindblom, Aube-Kubel, Morin
Eligible: Hagg, Stolarz, Leier, Schultz, AMac, Manning, Laughton, Read
Free Agents: Neuvirth, Streit, Umberger, Vandevelde, Bellemare

Like the article says, I doubt Stolarz is one of the goalies that gets taken since you have teams that will have to decide between the likes of Bishop/Vasilevski and Fluery/Murray. To me, that leaves the most worrying claim down to who you pick to protect Laughton vs. Cousins vs. Read. And really, in the long run, that's not a big concern.

In 2018, when Morin graduates to 'Eligible' I would imagine they'd leave Gudas open instead if they feel Morin has the look of a future impact player.
You are correct we are looking pretty good here and I tm glad expansion is happening this coming season so all of our young D are still protected. I wouldn't mind them taking Amac off of our hands LOL

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One guy I think people should consider regarding free agency is Michael Grabner. Always liked his speed, and we've seen how much of a game changer speed could be.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably worth kicking the tires on Erickson, Boedker, McGinn and Okposo.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its only me who likes him but id like to see them take a hard look at Matt Martin
Its only me who likes him but id like to see them take a hard look at Matt Martin
Martin would upgrade the 4th line but he is probably due a raise this time around. Prior contract was 4/$4 mill. His salary last year was $1.3. VV and PEB are both around $750k next year. I will be interesting to see what he is looking for.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin would upgrade the 4th line but he is probably due a raise this time around. Prior contract was 4/$4 mill. His salary last year was $1.3. VV and PEB are both around $750k next year. I will be interesting to see what he is looking for.
I was looking at him as a third line left winger, we finished the season with Colin Macdonald in that spot he would make about 1.7- 2 million which isn't bad for a third line winger. This is my plan only if we don't sign Eriksson which moves Raffl down to third line LW

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
question for the board. if you could have 1 player, regardless of cap space, who would you add?

I think I would go Jamie Benn. Only 26, proven goal scoring winger.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you mean upcoming free agents...Stamkos

ah, good point, i should have clarified. any player that's been drafted to this point. regardless of contract situation with their current team. flyers just get to take someone off another team.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah, good point, i should have clarified. any player that's been drafted to this point. regardless of contract situation with their current team. flyers just get to take someone off another team.
in that case, gimme OV. He might average 70g/year playing with G & Jake

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in that case, gimme OV. He might average 70g/year playing with G & Jake

I thought about OV. Picked Benn because he's 4 years younger.

OV is probably my favorite non-Flyer though. I love the way he plays the game.