• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love for Tampa to win, but I don't think they will. And then, call me crazy, but I don't feel that either St. Louis or San Jose can match the speed of whoever comes out of the East.

I originally was high on St. Louis, but I had Los Angeles and Pittsburgh in the Finals. Now, I'm thinking St. Louis and Pittsburgh. We shall see.
TB has looked pretty good so far even without Stamkos and a game without Stralman. They could easily be up 2-0 on the road.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB has looked pretty good so far even without Stamkos and a game without Stralman. They could easily be up 2-0 on the road.

Pittsburgh let the big stage get to them a bit. If they put that behind them and play their game, I think they will win the series. I am not rooting for them by any means, but I did pick them to win it all, sadly.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh let the big stage get to them a bit. If they put that behind them and play their game, I think they will win the series. I am not rooting for them by any means, but I did pick them to win it all, sadly.

I really doubt either team in the east wins it. The Blues and Sharks look so strong when they're on their game. The Blues barely touched the puck last night the Sharks were so dominant. And it was almost a complete reversal from game 1 of that series.

I say the winner comes out of the west this year.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really doubt either team in the east wins it. The Blues and Sharks look so strong when they're on their game. The Blues barely touched the puck last night the Sharks were so dominant. And it was almost a complete reversal from game 1 of that series.

I say the winner comes out of the west this year.

Those two teams have it all it seems, but do they have the speed? They will be tested in the Finals on that.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a good bit of the game last night too. I'd hate to be Troy Brouwer right now. Absolutely nothing went right for him. He probably should've scored a couple goals, but got zero puck luck. One in particular went clank off the iron from only about 3-4 feet away while the goalie was pretty much down and out. Then, he's in the box twice and the Sharks score within 24 seconds both times. On the second penalty against him, I thought he got slashed on the hand just before. Horrible luck.

Overall, I think the Blues will respond on the road and be tied or better heading back home.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hextall not named as a finalist for GM of the year.

The candidates did not
1. Trade Rinaldo for a 3rd round pick
2. Trade a fully retired player
3. Trade a pylon (grossmann) for something
4. Trade a Lecavalier for something

I render this vote meaningless.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those two teams have it all it seems, but do they have the speed? They will be tested in the Finals on that.

I think the Sharks have the speed. Thornton isn't the fleetest of foot, but everyone else can move pretty darn good.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Sharks have the speed. Thornton isn't the fleetest of foot, but everyone else can move pretty darn good.

Some of their younger guys have the speed, but I'm not so sure about Ward, Zubrus (that guy still plays!?!) and Marleau in addition to Thornton. Either way, I think the Pens have by far the fastest team in the Nhl right now and nobody has figured out how to counteract that.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of their younger guys have the speed, but I'm not so sure about Ward, Zubrus (that guy still plays!?!) and Marleau in addition to Thornton. Either way, I think the Pens have by far the fastest team in the Nhl right now and nobody has figured out how to counteract that.

Haha the first Sharks game i watched this year i thought the exact same thing. He was my first ever favorite player (#9 had a lot to do with it). Can't believe how long he's been playing. Next year will be his 19th and he'll cross the 1300 games plateau.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hextall not named as a finalist for GM of the year.

The candidates did not
1. Trade Rinaldo for a 3rd round pick
2. Trade a fully retired player
3. Trade a pylon (grossmann) for something
4. Trade a Lecavalier for something

I render this vote meaningless.
This is just complete nonsense.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha the first Sharks game i watched this year i thought the exact same thing. He was my first ever favorite player (#9 had a lot to do with it). Can't believe how long he's been playing. Next year will be his 19th and he'll cross the 1300 games plateau.

I looked back at it out of curiosity for the details. This guy was drafted 15th overall by us in 1996. He played immediately, so he was part of a team that included the Legion of Doom line that got swept in the Finals by the Wings, despite being favored. That was damn near 20 years ago and he's still fucking playing...Lol

He's like a younger version of Jagr without all of the points. 19 seasons with 6 different teams. If I'm not mistaken, next season would be his 20th. It's absolutely unreal.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked back at it out of curiosity for the details. This guy was drafted 15th overall by us in 1996. He played immediately, so he was part of a team that included the Legion of Doom line that got swept in the Finals by the Wings, despite being favored. That was damn near 20 years ago and he's still fucking playing...Lol

He's like a younger version of Jagr without all of the points. 19 seasons with 6 different teams. If I'm not mistaken, next season would be his 20th. It's absolutely unreal.

Ya, thats crazy. When i first saw it i was like, oh that has to be Danius' son LOL

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa is mind-fucking Pittsburgh tonight. It's what we've done to them for years and it has worked yet again. I think they put Fleury in just to get him some game action (while the outcome is pretty much already determined) in case Murray does actually get hurt. You shake things up and get your previous starter some real game situations. It's a win-win.

Pittsburgh still has the edge moving forward, but if they lose Daley for good, they may be in trouble here.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa is mind-fucking Pittsburgh tonight. It's what we've done to them for years and it has worked yet again. I think they put Fleury in just to get him some game action (while the outcome is pretty much already determined) in case Murray does actually get hurt. You shake things up and get your previous starter some real game situations. It's a win-win.

Pittsburgh still has the edge moving forward, but if they lose Daley for good, they may be in trouble here.

And now it's 4-3- un fucking believeable if they blow this game

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now it's 4-3- un fucking believeable if they blow this game

I still think Pittsburgh wins the series, unless Daley is out and that seriously changes the momentum. Either way, the three goals that were scored in the third period last night had to plant a seed of doubt in the minds of the Lightning, despite the win. The commanding lead they built up throughout the first two periods was wiped out in about 12 minutes of game action. The game probably should've gone to OT.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad that I'll be off for the night of the next game. That series is really getting feisty and it's exciting to watch as a fairly neutral fan. We all want Pittsburgh to lose, but I'd rather just see a great seven game series go either way.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't mind that TB is winning the series right now and may close it out tomorrow. I also don't mind that Fluery reacts to a shot after it is already in the net.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't mind that TB is winning the series right now and may close it out tomorrow. I also don't mind that Fluery reacts to a shot after it is already in the net.

We got bounced by the Crapitals, I wanted the Pens to bounce the Crapitals, they did, now it's time for Cindy and the Pens to get bounced......

upload_2016-5-23_10-20-59.png