• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2017 Chicago White Sox Thread

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He walks an obscene amount, and his average is slowly climbing back to .200. I'm not worried. If he keeps putting these quality AB's together, the hits will come. We know he has the physical tools.

On the other hand, Nicky Delmonico is just on a friggin tear since coming up. 3 for 3 again tonight so far. His average is up to .414.

Moncada really starting to emerge...Leurys Garcia seems solid, Abreu, Avisail. Need to get the pitching right and they could be good in 2019

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moncada really starting to emerge...Leurys Garcia seems solid, Abreu, Avisail. Need to get the pitching right and they could be good in 2019

Still don't quite buy into Avi or Leury, but I agree on the rest. I just need to see more. Avi's seen that regression in the second half that we all knew was coming. His average has been really inflated by his high BABIP. I love him as a platoon OF'er, or maybe an every day guy lower in the order. However, I don't believe he's a key cog in our future. Leury... eh... Still a utility guy in my book, but we'll see. He's missed quite a bit of playing time. Small sample size. I could see him maintaining this, but could also see him going the way of Yolmer.

Moncada is starting to do his thing. Up above the Mendoza line now. Those good AB's turning into hits. Two big ones tonight.

The biggest thing to me is Rodon man. I don't want to jinx it, but he's had 3 straight ace-caliber starts now. An 11 K/9 and ZERO WALKS! That is HUGE if he keeps it up. Coupled with guys like Kopech, Cease, Fulmer, Giolito, Lopez and that kid we got from KC coming through the system.

I wonder who all comes up in September? That's when this will get real fun.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are you still so hard on sanchez? he's doing a damn good job. hitting an above league average .260 with a little bit of power and a fantastic glove is exactly what you'd hope for from a utility guy.

i agree things seem to be looking promising, but i was kinda hoping for that #1 pick in the draft. it figures the sox might go and screw that up.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are you still so hard on sanchez? he's doing a damn good job. hitting an above league average .260 with a little bit of power and a fantastic glove is exactly what you'd hope for from a utility guy.

i agree things seem to be looking promising, but i was kinda hoping for that #1 pick in the draft. it figures the sox might go and screw that up.

I don't think I'm being hard on Yolmer. I think he's a nice utility guy, just like you do. I was using that to illustrate a point that I feel the same way about Leury. I don't think he's an everyday player. I think him and Yolmer are very nice utility players. Nothing more, nothing less. Yolmer was hitting about .320 the first month or two of the season, and it regressed to a more reasonable number with time. I think Leury will regress to about .260 as well as he finished out the rest of the season.

Lopez with a great first start, btw. Nasty stuff. Hitting 100 on the gun. Struck out four of his first six.

Outside of two pitches to Mous that he left up, he was damn good.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros get reliever Clippard in trade with ChiSox

Clippard to the Astros for player to be named later and cash.

We took him on as a salary dump for the Yankees. I'm sure we jumped at the chance to get him off of our books. Apparently their GM liked him from his two appearances he had vs them this past week.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros get reliever Clippard in trade with ChiSox

Clippard to the Astros for player to be named later and cash.

We took him on as a salary dump for the Yankees. I'm sure we jumped at the chance to get him off of our books. Apparently their GM liked him from his two appearances he had vs them this past week.
The fire sale continued. I was torn on the mini winning streak for our guys. Loved seeing the kids hit and pitch well, not to mention more than solid defense, but wins now are mostly pointless.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fire sale continued. I was torn on the mini winning streak for our guys. Loved seeing the kids hit and pitch well, not to mention more than solid defense, but wins now are mostly pointless.

I'm fine with wins when it's Rodon or Lopez out there pitching well. Maybe when Moncada hits big HR's and walk-off singles like the other night. However, when it's Shields, Gonzalez or Holland out there just to waste innings? Eh... I'd basically just assume take the losses and see if we can grab the #1 overall pick in next June's draft.

That pick has become less of a crap shoot recently. It's hitting with stars at a pretty high rate.

The last eight #1 overall picks to shed their prospect/rookie status have been:

Carlos Correa
Gerrit Cole
Bryce Harper
Stephen Strasburg
Tim Beckham
David Price
Luke Hovechar
Justin Upton

I'll gladly see us lose some meaningless games for a shot at the next Harper, Correa, Cole or Strasburg.

Last edited:

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with wins when it's Rodon or Lopez out there pitching well. Maybe when Moncada hits big HR's and walk-off singles like the other night. However, when it's Shields, Gonzalez or Holland out there just to waste innings? Eh... I'd basically just assume take the losses and see if we can grab the #1 overall pick in next June's draft.

That pick has become less of a crap shoot recently. It's hitting with stars at a pretty high rate.

The last eight #1 overall picks to shed their prospect/rookie status have been:

Carlos Correa
Gerrit Cole
Bryce Harper
Stephen Strasburg
Tim Beckham
David Price
Luke Hovechar
Justin Upton

I'll gladly see us lose some meaningless games for a shot at the next Harper, Correa, Cole or Strasburg.
Oh I agree. I'm just saying any win at this point honestly only hurts the team long term

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delmonico is still raking. Wish he was two or three years younger but ill take a 25 year old doing this.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delmonico is still raking. Wish he was two or three years younger but ill take a 25 year old doing this.

Yeah, I'm keeping my expectations reserved for now, but he looks great at the moment.

Also excited about how Tim Anderson has been swinging it. Man, he couldn't have gotten on track at a better time. I was starting to really give up on him.

Interested to see how Lopez does again, second time around. I really like him.

Rodon with another good outing, sans the 4 walks. However, he's been better with that lately, and Dodgers hitters make you work. 2 ER over 7.1 IP vs that club is great.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is an appropriate time to do the following?

#1 - Start acknowledging that we may have a hidden gem in Delmonico

#2 - Start acknowledging that Moncada's struggles are worrisome

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is an appropriate time to do the following?

#1 - Start acknowledging that we may have a hidden gem in Delmonico

#2 - Start acknowledging that Moncada's struggles are worrisome

#1 - an appropriate time would probably be august 2018

#2 - weeks ago. he shouldn't be up yet.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 - an appropriate time would probably be august 2018

#2 - weeks ago. he shouldn't be up yet.

Yeah, I was going to say the All-Star break next year for Delmonico. However, I tend to agree on both.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodon stellar again. 6 IP 9 K's 2 ER

Interested to see how Fulmer fairs in his season debut. The struggle has been real for him in Charlotte. Might get knocked around.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fulmer... WOOF

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodon
Lopez
Giolito

Flashing some REAL stuff out on the mound for us right now. This is great. If this spills over into next year, we might not be too horrible.

Probably important not to get the hopes up too high, as I'm sure Lopez and Gio will see bumps along the way. Rodon seems to have already taken his lumps and come out the other side. I think he's ready to go off big time next year.

Will Fulmer ever figure it out? I think he may be a lost cause.

What's the rotation next year anyway? Those three, Miguel Gonzalez and *puke* Shields? I hope to god Shields retires. What a highway robbery he's pulling with the cash he's raking in, just to post an ERA hovering below 6.00... putrid. If he had any self-respect he'd cash it in.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... I didn't even know we made this trade

On August 31st the Chicago White Sox traded right-hander Miguel Gonzalez to the Texas Rangers for third base prospect Ti’Quan Forbes. Here’s a quick take on the newest member of the burgeoning White Sox farm system.

Ti’Quan Forbes, 3B: The Rangers drafted Forbes in the second round in 2014 from high school in Columbia, Mississippi. He was a classic Rangers draft pick: an excellent athlete with physical projection but with questions about his swing and approach

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beginning to think rodon might be better spelled rodone.

Because of shoulder inflamation? lol. He had just had a stretch where he went about a month with one of the lowest ERA's in baseball and a K/9 flirting with 10 in that time-span. He's already showed consistent ace-level stuff this year. That's all I wanted to see. This season was a huge victory for him.

Fulmer is the one who looks done for. He's been a total gas can this year... at every level.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we pull Kopech up at all the last couple of weeks?

Also curious if Jiminez gets a shot to make the team in spring next year.