• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Night of

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Naz is getting hard fast in prison now that he is boys with Freddy. Goes along with the whole "coming out of prison a criminal" kind of logic.

What's with the blue light at the beginning and end of each episode?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Naz is getting hard fast in prison now that he is boys with Freddy. Goes along with the whole "coming out of prison a criminal" kind of logic.

What's with the blue light at the beginning and end of each episode?

Didn't notice that it's in every episode.
This last episode, I thought it had to do with the UVB light that Stone uses to look at his feet (phototherapy).

I was disappointed in this last episode.

Stone immediately recognized what Naz was doing with the smuggling.
Shouldn't he have already had the 'do whatever you gotta do to survive in here, but we still have to win this case' talk? By shaving his head, he loses that innocent look that the jury might have played to. And why lie about the amphetamines? Stone has to know that this is all going to come out in the trial. It's a little late to be worrying about whether or not Naz will bring shame on his family name. Though, this could be explained by Naz taking whatever was being given to him while he was with her.

And with all the rage that Naz is now showing, it's believable that he could have killed her in a drug-induced manner.

Turturro was at his best when he was in the classroom fielding questions. He knows he's in over his head, he knows that he's already lost, but he keeps going. Nice symbolism.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hadn't heard of this but have now set it to record the series and will watch the first 5 On Demand.

Episode 1 grabbed me...

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This last episode, I thought it had to do with the UVB light that Stone uses to look at his feet (phototherapy).

Shouldn't he have already had the 'do whatever you gotta do to survive in here, but we still have to win this case' talk? By shaving his head, he loses that innocent look that the jury might have played to. And why lie about the amphetamines? Stone has to know that this is all going to come out in the trial. It's a little late to be worrying about whether or not Naz will bring shame on his family name. Though, this could be explained by Naz taking whatever was being given to him while he was with her.

And with all the rage that Naz is now showing, it's believable that he could have killed her in a drug-induced manner.

Turturro was at his best when he was in the classroom fielding questions. He knows he's in over his head, he knows that he's already lost, but he keeps going. Nice symbolism.
I didn't even pick up on that. Nice man

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those are not really reasons to dislike the episode though lol.

Naz was blatantly obvious with the smuggling that was the point of getting the talk there.

He shaved his head which showed his further decent into Freddy's clutches.

That was the point of things like that. To show that innocent or not, he's getting in too deep.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definitely agree with Naz's image going into the trial. A little confusing since Freddy was trying to help Naz look more appealing when he got rid of his orange jumper.

I was expecting Stone to pick up on Naz with the drug smuggling. It wasn't like he was all that smooth about it. He has to know that Naz is lucky to be alive right now in prison.

Does anyone else find the woman playing the opposing council extremely annoying? He voice and terrible acting just bother the shit out of me.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are not really reasons to dislike the episode though lol.

Naz was blatantly obvious with the smuggling that was the point of getting the talk there.

He shaved his head which showed his further decent into Freddy's clutches.

That was the point of things like that. To show that innocent or not, he's getting in too deep.

It's just my opinion that the weak, scared Naz would place more emphasis on the long term success of his trial versus his long term success in prison. Yes, he needs to do what he has to do to survive in prison, but at what cost? Shaving his head basically told me that he could care less about what happens in the trial and that he is preparing to settle in to his prison life.

Now if there is a reason behind this move that Freddy thinks will help him in his trial, that could work. But, not telling his legal team about it means that this information would have to come out when Naz takes the stand. There would be risk involved if the prosecution feels they have enough where they don't even have to put him on the stand.

There are a lot of subtleties and nuances that make this show compelling, but I just feel disconnected from Naz right now. That could be the result of excellent storytelling where the motives are being hidden right now.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does everyone think Freddy is helping Naz? He sees an asset in Naz. Why would he want to lose that? Out of the goodness of his heart? Dude is a cold-blooded-killer.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just my opinion that the weak, scared Naz would place more emphasis on the long term success of his trial versus his long term success in prison. Yes, he needs to do what he has to do to survive in prison, but at what cost? Shaving his head basically told me that he could care less about what happens in the trial and that he is preparing to settle in to his prison life.

Now if there is a reason behind this move that Freddy thinks will help him in his trial, that could work. But, not telling his legal team about it means that this information would have to come out when Naz takes the stand. There would be risk involved if the prosecution feels they have enough where they don't even have to put him on the stand.

There are a lot of subtleties and nuances that make this show compelling, but I just feel disconnected from Naz right now. That could be the result of excellent storytelling where the motives are being hidden right now.
You don't like a classic character arc?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems forced, but it could be a setup.
It doesn't seem at all forced to me, especially if he had a "wigger"-ish (excuse my lack of PC) background before the events that transpired in the show. Like in the first episode, he was looking at the black kids earnestly. Maybe he always wanted to be a criminal/gangster/whatever you want to call it- even if he didn't hurt (or at least kill) the girl

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't seem at all forced to me, especially if he had a "wigger"-ish (excuse my lack of PC) background before the events that transpired in the show. Like in the first episode, he was looking at the black kids earnestly. Maybe he always wanted to be a criminal/gangster/whatever you want to call it- even if he didn't hurt (or at least kill) the girl

After his nervousness with trying to evade the police, I just don't see him breaking bad.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does everyone think Freddy is helping Naz? He sees an asset in Naz. Why would he want to lose that? Out of the goodness of his heart? Dude is a cold-blooded-killer.
thing is, we really don't know much about Freddy outside that he is bulletproof in prison.

With Naz, because the show is a limited run (8 episodes) they kind of have to speed up the "let's make him a badass" routine because we are already halfway through the show.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is also extremely naive. You can see how easy it is to manipulate him when he is out with Andrea, how easily influenced he is. Naz is not a strong person in that he stands up for his own thoughts and beliefs. He will follow whoever is in front of him.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like my first gut was right, they are gonna find and charge Duane Reed, I think the flip in this show ends up being Naz becomes a hardened criminal, but IMBD shows Freddie only credited for 3 episodes. But there is still some hope, because his boots to the face of the inmate laying on the floor show he might have the streak to kill when he blacked out.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like my first gut was right, they are gonna find and charge Duane Reed, I think the flip in this show ends up being Naz becomes a hardened criminal, but IMBD shows Freddie only credited for 3 episodes. But there is still some hope, because his boots to the face of the inmate laying on the floor show he might have the streak to kill when he blacked out.

Never trust IMDB it can be edited by anyone. Michael K Williams(Freddy) was listed as being in the second episode at one point when he never was. So was the guy who plays Trevor.

Freddy has already been in 3 episodes and was shown in the next episode promo.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freddy was mentioned in the second, pretty sure it was just the camera going up to his cell door. This will be episode 6/8, so if he ends up dead its gonna be fast, and who knows, maybe Naz will kill him to become top dog since he has this mean streak.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 episodes in now.

Even the ball and chain loves it.

But like with Oz, the jailhouse dynamics make he uncomfortable.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thank God John's feet are better

What the fuck is Naz doing? He is just too influenced by anyone around him. You can tell by how easily they got him to settle for a plea. You can see it in how he is doing anything (stupid) Freddy has him do.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find myself drawn more to the case and the courtroom proceedings and less to Naz and his environment.
Reminded me of Shawshank, where on the outside he was nobody, but on the inside he can be someone.
I don't know if it's that's simple.

At least we learned about another motive.