• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NFL is rigged

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we had some pretty odd occurrences here when Carson was the QB, we basically could have walked into the playoffs one year if we could just make an extra point. I'd say the shit that went on when Carson was QB was a whole lot more obvious than the big red smiling a-hole getting loose with his passes.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was any proof at all of the level of control you are claiming the NFL wouldn't exist. There isn't because it is laughable.

There was proof for years that MLB players were using steroids. Please.

Just because there is proof doesn't mean something gets done about it. In the case of MLB, money was rising, fan interest was rebounding after the lock-out for the first time in years, and offense is what fans wanted to see. Owners, lawyers, Agents, players, they all knew what was going on.

Yet the shock and outrage that occured afterwards would have you thinking otherwise.

It could be no different here. I don't know that I believe it's 100% rigged, but I would not be surprised, in any sport, if *SOME* things are not orchestrated.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure there have been individual games that have been fixed by buying a ref or 2. But to presume that that the outcomes of multiple games and entire seasons are engineered by the league... well there isn't tinfoil hat big enough.

I would say your assessment is about right, but it's hard to tell exactly how far the NFL is going with it. Obviously every game is not fixed.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a difference between steroids, which are illegal on a personal basis but not supplied or supported by the league, and the illegal lengths you would have to go to keep rigged games a secret, which would be directly supported by the league.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a difference between steroids, which are illegal on a personal basis but not supplied or supported by the league, and the illegal lengths you would have to go to keep rigged games a secret, which would be directly supported by the league.

The comparison can still be used, though.

The point being, just because there is, or isn't, evidence of one thing, or the other, doesn't mean that either one is correct, or incorrect.

A league with Billions and Billions can make a lot of things happen by greasing a few palms. If sports are a microcosm of society, then, it happens on some level, somwhere, somehow.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just an example... Andy Reid thing, Chiefs from worst to first, Chip Kelly's system, Mike Vick benched... lots of reasons.

I was wondering why you picked Philly & KC too. But your reply here illustrates why it doesn't matter who the 2 teams are. You can concoct some sort of conspiratorial back story regardless.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can read the article and consider some of the facts it makes it very hard to believe that no NFL game is ever rigged. But it would appear to be idiotic for players to get injured to the extent they get injured in the NFL if a substantial % of the games were rigged. (although fake wrestlers also get injured and that doesn't stop them, I consider them a special breed of athletes dedicated to keeping the industry alive) set aside the opinions of others and consider the facts. We'll never know the % of actual games which are rigged, but if you think it's 0% or 100%, then you're probably wrong.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is not ILLEGAL for the NFL to fix it's own games. They are classified as "entertainment." They cannot, in any way, be prosecuted by ANY ENTITY for fixing their own outcomes.

You simply do not know what you're talking about and you need to educate yourself.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confidential survey shows how athletes define cheating - ESPN The Magazine - ESPN

A. Have you ever suspected during a game that a ref was on the take?
With MLB, NFL and NHL players, only 5.4 percent said yes. But the 17 hoops players we spoke with have less faith in their refs, which bumped the overall yes vote to 12.3 percent. "With bigger teams like the Lakers, the Heat, the Knicks, I get suspicious -- 50-50 calls always seem to swing those teams' way," says an NBA vet.

B. Have you ever suspected during a game that a player was on the take?
No NBA, WNBA or NHL players have wondered if a colleague was picking up some side cash. But enough NFL and MLB players answered yes that the total crept up to 5.5 percent. Says one NFL All-Pro: "I won't share details, because I'm not that kind of person. But my answer to this question is hell yes."

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes him a moron is him thinking that the $185 million was supposed to go to one person as a get rich quick scheme.

just the fact that it made it to the supreme court is what I'm in awe about, one person, a million people, it's ludicrous...

you can show/tell me all the reasons you want, or all the "evidence" you want, I can turn around and give you an example from the flip side of the coin... make no mistake, NFL players want to win, NFL coaches want to win, to compare the NFL to the WWE as a scripted, rigged system is something I will just not believe... if that makes me a moron, then I'm a moron.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely rigged. I suppose these guys are lying, though. Right? Right?

Two NFL replacement referees tell Inside the NFL why certain calls weren't made - National Sports Conspiracy | Examiner.com

Then, on Showtime's Inside the NFL, two former replacement referees told hosts James Brown and Cris Collinsworth that not only did the NFL instruct its officials not to call pass interference on Hail Mary plays (like the blatant one on Monday Night Football between the Packers and Seahawks in Week 3), but that there are "philosophies" behind when and when not to throw a flag. This means, in short, that the NFL dictates to its officials how to call a game...and therefore how to manipulate it.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can show/tell me all the reasons you want, or all the "evidence" you want, I can turn around and give you an example from the flip side of the coin... make no mistake, NFL players want to win, NFL coaches want to win, to compare the NFL to the WWE as a scripted, rigged system is something I will just not believe... if that makes me a moron, then I'm a moron.
Sorry, it does. No one is saying that the NFL is as rigged and as scripted as the WWE, only you appear to be making that illogical leap. Sure, there are examples or evidence on both sides of the coin, and the majority of it is on the non-rigged side, but to completely dismiss that there is no rigging going on, and that none of it is attributable to the NFL upper management, is just as ludicrous.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't two people be paid to lie about something, in just as shady a manor as what you are claiming the payouts for people to shut up about it are gaining?

We can go on all day, I will never accept that the Superbowl is rehearsed.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying there was never a game where a ref wasn't paid off, or an idiot didn't take a dive, or miss a shot purposely... I'm saying there is no way in hell that the NFL knows who will be in the SB at Thanksgiving... sure they may "want" the two teams that will bring the most ratings, of course they do...

and someone did reference WWE.