• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NFC North going forward

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering where you see the division headed in not only the immediate future but 2,3 years down the road.

Green Bay - As long as we have a healthy #12 I think we can assume it will be business as usual. Lacy is only going to trend up over the next couple years. The Oline is the best we have seen since 2003, and we have weapons galore at receiver.
On defense, its the same thing every year. I have liked our last 2 drafts it seems we have added some real athletes that can play multiple positions but for once can we have a defense that doesn't have long lapses of bad play? This is the one area that I think has cost us a couple more rings over the years.

Minnesota - They seem to finally have a coach. I am not sold on Bridgewater yet. His long ball is average at best but if they use him similar to how Seattle uses Wilson he can be dangerous. AP isn't getting any younger and its hard to gage where he will be physically in 2 or 3 more years. I love their TE Rudolph but need some better weapons outside.
On defense they have a lot of talent across the board and will hit you. Zimmer is a defensive guru and I see this unit only getting better. I expect them to be the Packers biggest threat over the next few years.

Detroit - I just don't get this team. So much talent and so underperforming. Stafford is quietly turning into Jay Cutler. Abdullah looks like he could be a beast. Megatron just turned 30 and has been slowed by injuries the last couple years.
Defensively losing Suh seems to have hurt them more than they thought it would. There is talent there but for some reason it, like the team underperforms. I don't like Caldwell as a coach. He made a name being handed a Super Bowl ready team in Indy and seems like he is too quiet or nice to be a coach. They are the hardest team to get a read on.

Chicago - What a mess right now. Fox was a great hire and he put together a hell of a staff. Cutler is Cutler and you have to assume is gone next year or the year after. They need work on the line but have Jeffrey and Bennett who are legit weapons. Forte is getting up there in age too so that will change the look of their offense when he is gone.
Fangio is a great DC but the problem is they are running a scheme that doesn't fit their personal. That should improve with a couple more drafts and offseasons. I think they are a season or two away from making any noise but if anybody can turn them around its Fox. I sure hope he does its always good for business when the Packer - Bear rivalry is competitive and it hasn't been for along time.

Now granted all it takes is a career ending injury to any major player and everything changes but as it stands this is what I'm seeing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty fair assessment. I agree with all 4 team breakdowns. In this league things change so fast that next year is hard to predict. Also I don't think my Bears are as bad as we seem. We lost to 2 SB contending teams and both games were respectable before Jay got hurt. Clauson vs Sea is gonna be brutal to watch this week tho.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're the ultimate rah rah guy that sees more in your team then there might be at times...so I think the Bears are somewhere between where you think they are and where the rest of the pundits see them. I do think that this finally will be the beginning of the rivalry being good again. If I was a Bears fan I wouldn't mind one bit if they went 2-14. Get that high pick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me either but that is not the Bear way. Cutler and AJ and Ratliff and White will return and now our schedule lightens up, So well go 500 from here on out and ruin our chance at drafting a top QB. It is the Bear way. 2-14 is a pipe dream. But yes I would be ok with it myself. Gotta break some eggs to make a omelet.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever the optimist.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-0 now after our talk. Going 500 the rest of the way. Det this week with Stafford possibly not starting. I know were still not a good team but with these coaches we won't be drafting high enough to get a top young QB.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If GB doesn't sweep the div this season they don't deserve HFA for the postseason.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If GB doesn't sweep the div this season they don't deserve HFA for the postseason.

Don't sleep on the Vikings. I think they will put up much more of a fight than most are giving them credit for.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty fair assessment. I agree with all 4 team breakdowns. In this league things change so fast that next year is hard to predict. Also I don't think my Bears are as bad as we seem. We lost to 2 SB contending teams and both games were respectable before Jay got hurt. Clauson vs Sea is gonna be brutal to watch this week tho.

Hey that had to be nice to see a game winning drive by Cutler and then hang on to win. The pass D is still ranked quite high as well

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey that had to be nice to see a game winning drive by Cutler and then hang on to win. The pass D is still ranked quite high as well
Two weeks in a row Cutler leads a last minute comeback. He can't play 4 qtrs but shines in 4th qtrs.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sleep on the Vikings. I think they will put up much more of a fight than most are giving them credit for.

I can see them beating us in their place this year. But with a two game lead already in the division barring any major injury I don't see us losing that

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sleeping on the Vikes. No QB = no chance. I think they have put a good team together but I am not sold on Teddy. This is a QB league. AR >>>>> Cutler, Teddy, Cutler part 2 er I mean Stafford.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgwater hasn't impressed me either. He can't throw deep

LambeauRambo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Divisional games can always be tight games, especially when you believe they are an easy win. The opener in Chicago was no walk in the park this year.

There is always 3-4 games on a schedule that will be tough, not because of the other team so much but because of where they are on the schedule.

First game of the season is always on that list no matter the opponent. This year Chicago had a total rebuild in the coaching staff. While the Pack had history on John Fox there was none for Fox coaching the Bear's. One turn over going the other way would have changed that game.

Then there is one or two games during the season that you should win but don't. Week 8 last season saw the Pack lose to the Saints. No way that should have happened. Unfortunately for the Bears the next game for the Pack was week 10 against Chicago and I think you saw a Packer team take it out on the Bears.

The Bills surprised the Pack in I think week 14 but I think they (the Bills) were playing good enough to deserve that win.

The next game that is always hard to judge before the season starts is the last game. If your team is out of the playoffs then the last game is the one on the schedule. Sometimes very little to play for, for some players, while others will still give it all.

Now if your team is in the playoffs and loses then it's that last game that was tough. Even getting as far as the Super Bowl means that final game will be tough, win or lose it takes a toll just preparing for it with all the SportsHoopla, media, travel to a neutral city. And winning it doesn't come with a promise of next years success, in fact winning it can dismantle a team just as fast as having a losing season. Players want more money, coaches want to move up. Winning comes with it's pit falls as does losing.

MTP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Questions at QB around the division mean Green Bay will likely remain the prohibitive favorite.

MTP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is getting beat up and Megatron is aging pretty badly. That offensive line is killing the running game too.

The Bears will likely remain stuck in neutral, because Cutler will be just good enough to win 6 to 9 games and stay out of the running for a top rookie QB. I heard rumors that Matt Forte is being shopped?

Jury is out on Bridgewater, but the early returns aren't too promising for the Vikings.