• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The new footy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She was absolutely gutted. Poor thing.

while i think going all murdery is a bit much ... "Poor thing" is also a bit much the other way

Womens sport wants respect so we should call it how we'd say it if it was a man

Could anyone imagine if a john terry does that? Lol. "There there buttercup ... Back to the kitchen u go"

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while i think going all murdery is a bit much ... "Poor thing" is also a bit much the other way

Could anyone imagine if a john terry does that? Lol. "There there buttercup ... Back to the kitchen u go"
Yep. On an equality level she should be getting the same treatment Gerrard did last year or Beckham did in 98. Single handedly cost her team the final. This is the highest level of her profession and shit like that shouldn't happen.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that sentiment jstew - On that note, Lauren Sesselmann shouldn't be attacked like she has been on social media, but she should have just remained quiet rather than posting what she did (which in my opinion just pours gas on the fire).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that sentiment jstew - On that note, Lauren Sesselmann shouldn't be attacked like she has been on social media, but she should have just remained quiet rather than posting what she did (which in my opinion just pours gas on the fire).
What did she post?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did she post?

lsesselmWords cannot describe how utterly heartbroken I am. The tears have not stopped flowing and this one is going to hurt for a really really long time. Yes I slipped, yes they scored and yes you can blame me all you want..If that's what makes you feel better fine. No one knows how hard I worked to get back from injury to be a part of this special team and make a difference. I know my worth and I know all the great things I've done to help this team get here. For all you classless people with your negative comments and threats you know absolutely nothing. You can sit there and choose to focus on every negative and pick apart our team BUT you have NO IDEA how much passion, heart and hard work this team puts in. No matter what any of you say I am so damn proud to wear this jersey and so damn proud of what we have accomplished and how hard we fought. Yes we arn't perfect and yes we ALL made mistakes, every great athlete makes mistakes..YOU even make mistakes..it's part of life...but it's how you respond that matters, and we never stopped fighting. And I can promise you all this...WE WILL be back and WE WILL be better. THANK YOU to all the fans who have supported us thru thick and thin...and Thank you to my friends and family...Who ALWAYS believe in me and pick me up when I fall. I am so proud to play alongside all of these beautiful and talented women...This truly will be a journey I will never forget. I ❤️ you all and can't wait for what's to come. The future is extremely bright. #TrueNorthStrong #Family #Sisterhood #TogetherWeRise

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand jstew, but I maintain my right to feel compassion for her. Just as I did for Scott Norwood, Billy Buckner and Steve Smith. As an athlete and coach myself, I cringe at the thought of having that moment. Regardless of your feeling for the outcome, there's a person in there. To a lot of people the sport is more important than the human playing it.

Admittedly, I doubt dash has as much compassion for Stevie though...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly, I doubt dash has as much compassion for Stevie though...

lol - You are correct. However, tell me, as a goalie, what was Fuhr doing lolly-gagging at the top of the crease and blocking the Smith pass?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - You are correct. However, tell me, as a goalie, what was Fuhr doing lolly-gagging at the top of the crease and blocking the Smith pass?

He was probably thinking "who would be stupid enough to try and pass up the middle?"

Question; ANSWERED

Really, you don't expect a defenseman behind the net to go that way. Either up the boards or carry it. In fact, I think Fuhr was moving backwards when it hit him.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair (deported ... Like sesselman should be :whistle: ) twitter trolls seem to be the most consistent and "equal" in their criticisms, however unfair or extreme lol

/she didnt even talk to media post match right. Saved it all for twitter?

Theyve been treated with kid gloves all tournament long really. Her reaction was weak. Come to think of it, alot about this tournament has been weak

And i suppose the excuse will circle around back to the turf causing play to decline. 5 of 9 surfaces in the womens north american pro league are turf so i dont even want to think what that looks like

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CI9DeCsVEAAQn_o.jpg

CI9DeBiUkAAizCa.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, Go Japan Go, I s'pose

:noidea:

It's the rubber match, Japan beat the States in the 2011 World Cup final, States beat Japan in the 2012 London Olympics gold medal game (should have been a Canada - Japan final)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this game is over after 5 minutes - Congrats to the USA!

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad England lost to Japan on that fluky own goal, they would have provided much stiffer opposition than this Japanese squad.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fifa better have a look see at betting patterns. Im hearing $152 has been bet on this game

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If hope solo was holding a broom handle she probably knocks that one over the bar

:whistle:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Twellman @TaylorTwellman
Regardless off the score and play...FIFA is making a mockery of this tournament on turf and in a stadium of sun/shade for a final. #BeBetter

Hard to take a tweet serious from someone who doesn't have a real name #GoofyBoyNames

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, was Leroux injured? I almost saw as much action as she did in this tourney.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, was Leroux injured? I almost saw as much action as she did in this tourney.

No, she played really well leading into it, and in fact she and Wambach started the first few games. Then Morgan reached form and they switched to a 4-3-2. Basically, there was no chemistry when she was out there, eventually Ellis found the combo that worked. The China win was the turning point, big time. The biggest thing was Lloyd getting going. Once group play ended it was alllllll her. This feels great. I can think about how big it was for me as an 8 year old tomboy to see these women win on a big stage, and everyone loving them...this is just epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.