• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The new footy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portugal called up Ricardo Ferreira. It’s for friendlies so he could still play for Canada in the future if he isn’t called up to the World Cup or another competitive match in the future but given Portugal’s weakness at CB and his play this season for Braga it wouldn’t be a shock if he were to become a regular in the near future.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was weak :L

To say the least. Not surprised, though. I think the Caps played mostly above their heads for most of the season. This same core line up likely does next to nothing next year. My opinion -- they really need a central midfielder who can attack and distribute the ball; should be first priority.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say the least. Not surprised, though. I think the Caps played mostly above their heads for most of the season. This same core line up likely does next to nothing next year. My opinion -- they really need a central midfielder who can attack and distribute the ball; should be first priority.

I think there is massive turnover for next season. Maybe up to 18 from the squad. Chevron has the free trading card promotion featuring defense midfield, forward and their poster boys were waston laba and montero

All 3 are likely leaving

If u think they played above their heads this season then u must be buying what the management is selling. They do need to open up the pursestrings but at the same time, robbos tactics need to seriously be questioned. You cant play a game where u just let the other team carry possession. He did it all season long. It doesnt win and its not entertaining

Very good read here:

Frankly, Mr Robinson

After all, he’s a safe pair of hands who can do enough to get the team into the playoffs most years and who is happy to talk down the potential of his own team to ensure nobody gets too upset whenever they fall short or fail to perform.

Last edited:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave.gif

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is massive turnover for next season. Maybe up to 18 from the squad. Chevron has the free trading card promotion featuring defense midfield, forward and their poster boys were waston laba and montero

All 3 are likely leaving

If u think they played above their heads this season then u must be buying what the management is selling. They do need to open up the pursestrings but at the same time, robbos tactics need to seriously be questioned. You cant play a game where u just let the other team carry possession. He did it all season long. It doesnt win and its not entertaining

Very good read here:

Frankly, Mr Robinson

After all, he’s a safe pair of hands who can do enough to get the team into the playoffs most years and who is happy to talk down the potential of his own team to ensure nobody gets too upset whenever they fall short or fail to perform.

I only think they played above their heads because this wasn't much more than a mediocre lineup at best. I was honestly surprised to see them in the playoffs at years end (and not surprised to see them bounced so quickly). I don't think the fact this team played above their heads was really Robinsons doing; he sucks. lol

No doubt, a lot of this teams issues are poor coaching, and no doubt, a lot of this teams issues are simply an overall lack of talent.

My $0.02 -- gun Lenarduzzi and let's try a new approach.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
legend

/from the cool story bro (literally - lol) files ... when my bro did sideline and post game audio for caps games airing in the cesspool, he stood in on a post match scrum with Pirlo (who was surrounded by media). He was giving basic short responses with no real depth ... not being an ass ... just i guess not wanting to exert his english which is good but not great ... so my bro, during a lull/the chance for Pirlo to end things and step away from the pack fires a question at him in Italian ... Pirlo stops, turns back with a shit eating grin on his face and starts to answer the question in Italian ... and this one answer ends up with him talking close to a minute ... my bro follows with another question about his perception about the quality of MLS ... another long answer ... a 3rd question in Italian ... another wordy response

meanwhile ... none of the other media guys has pulled their recording device away from Pirlo lol even though they dont know what the fuck hes saying ... but theyre recording anyways ... after a gracious "buona fortuna Michele" Pirlo was done and all the other local media guys wanted my bro to translate everything that was said lol

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
legend

/from the cool story bro (literally - lol) files ... when my bro did sideline and post game audio for caps games airing in the cesspool, he stood in on a post match scrum with Pirlo (who was surrounded by media). He was giving basic short responses with no real depth ... not being an ass ... just i guess not wanting to exert his english which is good but not great ... so my bro, during a lull/the chance for Pirlo to end things and step away from the pack fires a question at him in Italian ... Pirlo stops, turns back with a shit eating grin on his face and starts to answer the question in Italian ... and this one answer ends up with him talking close to a minute ... my bro follows with another question about his perception about the quality of MLS ... another long answer ... a 3rd question in Italian ... another wordy response

meanwhile ... none of the other media guys has pulled their recording device away from Pirlo lol even though they dont know what the fuck hes saying ... but theyre recording anyways ... after a gracious "buona fortuna Michele" Pirlo was done and all the other local media guys wanted my bro to translate everything that was said lol
Cool story, bro. But how does he eat his pizza?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather keep Ousted and get rid of Bobby L.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather keep Ousted and get rid of Bobby L.

380K for Ousted versus 77K for Marinovic :think:

/btw ... Robbo is the one pulling the strings on everything ... they say they have the executive panel that makes the decisions (lol) ... but almost every player they sign is a player represented by the player agency that Robbos brother is a partner of ... guess who left Robbos brothers agency this summer? ... yep ... Ousted

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, Marinovic is making Canadian offensive linemen money in the CFL :D

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they did Ousted dirty though ... shitty way to end his career here

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Italy - Sweden and 20 seconds in, the Swedes are throwing elbows lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Belotti needed to do was hit the goal on the header, the Swedish keeper was nowhere to be found.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swedes just miss opening the scoring at the other end, cracking start to this match.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verratti just got a yellow card and is out of the second leg on Monday as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.