• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The My Vibe Thread

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am ready to lawyer up.
I did loss control for twenty five years. Nothing scare an insurance company more than a lawsuit for fraud and extortion. Worse when the suit is for ten figures and the lawyer doesn't threaten, He files immediately. They hate paying hundreds of thousands in legal fees for a stupid lawsuit when the defense is for any attempt to get funds illegally.

Tell the HOA president that you've already contracted a lawyer because you have no fence and don't appreciate being "EXTORTED". Tell him the suit is against the HOA and the individual officers of the HOA and the he should get a lawyer for his own defense.

Believe me, they ain't smart enough to see the potential for a class action suit. As soon as you get the lawyer, there will be a bunch of others willing to jump on your train and bear the cost. Your lawyer will probably ask for somewhere between 30-40%. Make him work. Negotiate his fee and make sure he gets nothing if you get nothing.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did loss control for twenty five years. Nothing scare an insurance company more than a lawsuit for fraud and extortion. Worse when the suit is for ten figures and the lawyer doesn't threaten, He files immediately. They hate paying hundreds of thousands in legal fees for a stupid lawsuit when the defense is for any attempt to get funds illegally.

Tell the HOA president that you've already contracted a lawyer because you have no fence and don't appreciate being "EXTORTED". Tell him the suit is against the HOA and the individual officers of the HOA and the he should get a lawyer for his own defense.

Believe me, they ain't smart enough to see the potential for a class action suit. As soon as you get the lawyer, there will be a bunch of others willing to jump on your train and bear the cost. Your lawyer will probably ask for somewhere between 30-40%. Make him work. Negotiate his fee and make sure he gets nothing if you get nothing.
Where's the extortion. He's been asked to fix a fence he doesn't own. It's an obvious mistake. A lawyer could be needed to straighten it out, but it's not extortion.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible they simply sent the letter to the wrong address?
Had mine and my wife's names, and our address.

I think they should have sent it to one of my neighbors.
Regardless, They sent the letter to me, I want it in writing that I'm off the hook before someone who's never even been in the neighborhood does something stupid lien wise.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had mine and my wife's names, and our address.

I think they should have sent it to one of my neighbors.
Regardless, They sent the letter to me, I want it in writing that I'm off the hook before someone who's never even been in the neighborhood does something stupid lien wise.

Seriously? We have an HOA and as far as I can tell the only thing they do is pay and manage the landscaping company as well as our private security company.

That's kinda concerning. Never heard of anything like that before.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's the extortion.
The threat of fines for not complying. The letter can be considered a threat because whoever signed it, didn't bother to check the "violation" first hand.

Believe me, I've spent many a day in court on behalf of an insurer. I've also investigated many a condo/HOA/Landlord's threats to people on or in their property. I've been part of settlements to prevent huge losses in lawsuits. You'd be surprised how many Landlords and HOA's we sued to recover settlements that were nothing more than scams to pay for upgrades and new construction. To make them more money.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? We have an HOA and as far as I can tell the only thing they do is pay and manage the landscaping company as well as our private security company.

That's kinda concerning. Never heard of anything like that before.
HOA Regulations are scary.

Google some HOA horror stories.

Both 60 minutes and Fox News ran some segments on HOA's and how they have ruined peoples lives over petty shit and there are very few laws to stop them.

They're like squatters that you pay monthly. Or they can be.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOA Regulations are scary.

Google some HOA horror stories.

Both 60 minutes and Fox News ran some segments on HOA's and how they have ruined peoples lives over petty shit and there are very few laws to stop them.

They're like squatters that you pay monthly. Or they can be.
I had a client with a swimming pool.
HOA would not allow them to build a fence.
Neighbors child drowned in the pool and sued my client.
HOA still won't allow fences.
Fences in Charlotte are like Yankees......

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gun
I had a client with a swimming pool.
HOA would not allow them to build a fence.
Neighbors child drowned in the pool and sued my client.
HOA still won't allow fences.
Fences in Charlotte are like Yankees......
I'm gunna say it. The pool should have been left empty.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been Chillin At Old Orchard Beach all week
Family had a camp at the end of that beach in Camp Ellis until 1974.

The city of Saco refused us installing a septic system because we were closer than 600 feet to the Saco River.

Sold it to our neighbor and he tore it down and built a garage.

I remember the public bathrooms and water fountains in OOB in 1950's that had signs "White Only"

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Family had a camp at the end of that beach in Camp Ellis until 1974.

The city of Saco refused us installing a septic system because we were closer than 600 feet to the Saco River.

Sold it to our neighbor and he tore it down and built a garage.

I remember the public bathrooms and water fountains in OOB in 1950's that had signs "White Only"
Dude, there was barely an AA presence in Maine then. The signs were tasteless jokes.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, there was barely an AA presence in Maine then. The signs were tasteless jokes.
There was a campsite about a mile and half from the beach and it was segregated, AA only. My family goes way back in Maine. My great, great grandfather was the only one of four brothers who survived a fishing boat that sank. Nearly the entire family lived on Chebeague Island in Casco Bay. My grandfather moved to Ferry Village in about 1900 and my father was born there in 1919. I was born there in 1950.

The "White Only" signs were up until Lyndon Johnson's Great Society in 1968.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to pick myself up off the floor this morning. I'm getting way to old to laugh that hard.

Word is out that the Bears have been sniffing around about getting Matthew Judon.

A Kansas City Chiefs reporter says that the Chiefs would give up a 2025 5th and 2026 6th and "Relieve the Patriots of his burden."

He goes on to say, "The Patriots would be doing Judon a real service by allowing him to play for real contender."

Think the Patriots would want to help the Chiefs get a third Super Bowl in a row??? Fuck NO!!!!