• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kimi No Na Wa, translates to "Your Name" a solid 8/10

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Founder was an excellent movie. My dad had a chance to buy the 1st one in Boston. I talked him out of it.

I met a guy who had an opportunity to buy into 1/2 of the first franchise in Milwaukee but his attorney told him that 15 cent hamburgers would not last

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I met a guy who had an opportunity to buy into 1/2 of the first franchise in Milwaukee but his attorney told him that 15 cent hamburgers would not last

Yeah that's about how I felt.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sicario was not overrated. Awesome editing and use of rising tension.
Eh.....I thought it sucked but I can kinda see why people might think it was tense. Give me Narcos over something like this every single time.

Saw Moana. I feel like its obvious when a movie is going after a different audience than me so I won't hold that against it. Its a very beautiful movie with a good Disney soundtrack though Moana herself was actually kinda creepy when she sings if you focus on her movements and facial expressions in some of the scenes. The plot is somewhere in between The Good Dinosaur and Princess Mononoke and certainly more kid friendly than both. The rock does a really good job with the voice acting and I was kinda surprised that Mila Kunis wasn't the lead with how many 'shut up Meg' scenes she has. The main song really holds that note which might end up being a Disney staple after Frozen. All things considered I think it works well as a kid movie and is good enough for the parents to sit through it.

B

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh.....I thought it sucked but I can kinda see why people might think it was tense. Give me Narcos over something like this every single time.

Apples and oranges. 120 minutes to tell a story as opposed to 600 minutes. I loved Narcos too. But they had the format to tell the story in that amount of detail and character building.

At any rate, that shootout scene at the border - superb action film-making.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great movie
One of my top 5 all time favorite movie-going experiences. I saw it at a revival house back in the day before c-phones/texting, so there was no electronic distractions, and no one was talking or kicking the back of my seat, or spreading tuberculosis :)

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nocturnal Animals for the 2nd time.

I don't understand how someone would let their wife and 16 (assuming?) yo daughter in the car of another guy, and then drive with one of his friends and not BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF THE FUCKING GUY IN THE FUCKING CAR AND SNIP THIS FUCKERS BALLS OFF WHILE FORCING HIM TO TELL ME WHERE MY WIFE AND DAUGHTER IS THAT FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!!11111111

10/10, good movie though.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't understand how someone would let their wife and 16 (assuming?) yo daughter in the car of another guy, and then drive with one of his friends and not BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF THE FUCKING GUY IN THE FUCKING CAR AND SNIP THIS FUCKERS BALLS OFF WHILE FORCING HIM TO TELL ME WHERE MY WIFE AND DAUGHTER IS THAT FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!!11111111

I think it's called fiction. But I get what ya saying.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sicario was not overrated. Awesome editing and use of rising tension.
It was certainly a good movie, and I agree on the excellent tension building, but the shit with Emily Blunt smoking cigarettes and looking tired and then trying to fuck Jon Bernthal but almost getting killed instead was kind of, how do you say it- no really, how would you say it- oh yeah, "meh."

The ending was fantastic, and that's when the tension (like in nearly all movies) was at its highest. That part was great. But some people are calling it the best movie of 2015 (which I highly doubt it would be for me, but I'd have to check that year's movies to make sure) or even one of the best movies of all time. Again, meh. They're entitled to think that of course- I just would not go so far.

And I'm not bashing Sicario or even necessarily calling it overrated- it was a pretty damn good thriller that I gave 3.5/5 stars. But not among the best of the genre, at least for me.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wasn't the dude driving the car armed?

I mean, I know it's fucking Internet 101 to portray yourself as a bad ass, but how exactly was Jake Gyllenhaal supposed to beat up or even just escape 3 or 4 guys with pistols and knives with his bare hands in the fictional story?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm not bashing Sicario or even necessarily calling it overrated-

All good with me, I was specifically responding to someone who called it overrated.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apples and oranges. 120 minutes to tell a story as opposed to 600 minutes. I loved Narcos too. But they had the format to tell the story in that amount of detail and character building.

At any rate, that shootout scene at the border - superb action film-making.
Fair enough. I just think Sicario just didn't work for me at all but I'm beating the deadhorse at this point.

Its very rare for me to not finish a movie and thats on the short list. I did finish Hurt Locker and American Sniper and liked them both so...Im not sure what to say other than I think Sicario is overrated.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I just think Sicario just didn't work for me at all but I'm beating the deadhorse at this point.

Its very rare for me to not finish a movie and thats on the short list. I did finish Hurt Locker and American Sniper and liked them both so...Im not sure what to say other than I think Sicario is overrated.

No worries from my end. There's the odd movie that people love that I can't stand as well. I've always thought Deer Hunter was on overblown manipulative pile of stinking garbage. Most people disagree.

I loved Sicario, but it has this 'bleak' thing going on (everything from the cinematography to the color grading to the dialogue) that wouldn't be for everyone.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries from my end. There's the odd movie that people love that I can't stand as well. I've always thought Deer Hunter was on overblown manipulative pile of stinking garbage. Most people disagree.

I loved Sicario, but it has this 'bleak' thing going on (everything from the cinematography to the color grading to the dialogue) that wouldn't be for everyone.
I think my main issue was going into the movie with super high expectations. It had actors I liked and a setting I liked so I thought it would be a slam dunk.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good with me, I was specifically responding to someone who called it overrated.

You being adamant it's not overrated could be exactly why it is