• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the bold, and this is a serious question. Do you think that the newest Power Rangers movie was an adult or kid movie?
I'm assuming you're referring to my thread about seeing it with my DS friend. He actually ended up having a Buddy Walk the Saturday we were supposed to see it, then I had some exams and shit, so we never saw it. He did, and loved it though.

Honestly, I'm not sure and I guess there's no objective right or wrong answer, but I'd lean towards "adult" and maybe "pre-teen" film. Again, I didn't see it, nor did I watch Power Rangers growing up, but didn't its "hay-day" air in the early '90s on TV? Assuming those nig/gas were around 10 when they watched it, that'd mean they're either in their mid-30s, if not pushing 40 now. I think that was the target audience. Mix nostalgia with current-day CGI and action, and make some money (I don't think it actually did well at the box though).

On the other hand, it definitely would appeal to pre-teens and children. I obviously don't give a motherfuck, but I think casting a black dude as one of the Power Rangers was a nod to the new generation, similar to how the live-action Beauty and the Beast had a gay character, IIRC. Hollywood is largely liberal (at least, they have the biggest voice right now in my opinion), and kids don't care because kids, unless influenced by their parents, don't care if a character is gay or black. They're just people to them. I'm liberal and am fine with gay people and black dudes, so, again, I really don't care. Just stating, as I see it, the facts.

So I'd say that it appeals to both. Upon consideration, maybe that's why it got lukewarm critical and commercial reception. What would you say?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming you're referring to my thread about seeing it with my DS friend. He actually ended up having a Buddy Walk the Saturday we were supposed to see it, then I had some exams and shit, so we never saw it. He did, and loved it though.

Honestly, I'm not sure and I guess there's no objective right or wrong answer, but I'd lean towards "adult" and maybe "pre-teen" film. Again, I didn't see it, nor did I watch Power Rangers growing up, but didn't its "hay-day" air in the early '90s on TV? Assuming those nig/gas were around 10 when they watched it, that'd mean they're either in their mid-30s, if not pushing 40 now. I think that was the target audience. Mix nostalgia with current-day CGI and action, and make some money (I don't think it actually did well at the box though).

On the other hand, it definitely would appeal to pre-teens and children. I obviously don't give a motherfuck, but I think casting a black dude as one of the Power Rangers was a nod to the new generation, similar to how the live-action Beauty and the Beast had a gay character, IIRC. Hollywood is largely liberal (at least, they have the biggest voice right now in my opinion), and kids don't care because kids, unless influenced by their parents, don't care if a character is gay or black. They're just people to them. I'm liberal and am fine with gay people and black dudes, so, again, I really don't care. Just stating, as I see it, the facts.

So I'd say that it appeals to both. Upon consideration, maybe that's why it got lukewarm critical and commercial reception. What would you say?
And I just say that "I 'really' don't care" as opposed to "I don't care" or "I don't care at all" because I don't necessarily think (and let me word this carefully) Hollywood films should cast a token black or gay character just to appease the liberal masses. If it fits the narrative of the story or the director/writers feel strongly about the subject, and want to include it to push their agenda, then awesome. If they're pushing someone else's agenda, then that's just gay (or should I just say "stupid"? This is 2017 after all).

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for JuiceTheCockSucker, er, @JuiceTheGator, I called him gay because he never posts in this thread or the Entertainment forum in general, but watches this movie with his kids, and races over to inform us all that he's seen "The Secret Life of Pets." Gay. If he posts on here regularly and mentions it, then cool, but what he did just reeks of homosexuality to me.

Also, because he's a cocksucker.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That movie was fucking awful. Yes your kids probably loved it.. the fact you said it wasn't bad means your balls have since been detached since you got married and grew crotch fruit.

lulz...I kinda' liked it. The gator was a good character.

latest

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you actually have the nerve to call others gay or pussies in the political forum???

Look, you libtarded poosie, the movie has two dogs eating a strain of spaghetti at the same time until their mouths meet... it's clearly teaching children to accept homosexual tendencies and will make them grow up and vote for that H>unt!!!

But seriously, I will say that children movies have gotten better in recent years (at least, I've noticed there are many kids' movies that have received critical acclaim and I have heard from others who are grown that they are good). I haven't seen any kids' movies in recent years myself because I don't have any children, save for Up (4/5 stars) and Inside Out (2.5/5 stars). I also saw Despicable Me when it came out and really enjoyed it, though I did not rate movies back then.

You see, back in my day, we didn't have the voice-acting talents of Steve Carrell or Amy Poehlor to star in children films. We had the over-the-hill Billy Crystal and John Goodman cash-grabbing as they realized their days of being the leading men in adult comedies and dramas were dwindling....

As for JuiceTheCockSucker, er, @JuiceTheGator, I called him gay because he never posts in this thread or the Entertainment forum in general, but watches this movie with his kids, and races over to inform us all that he's seen "The Secret Life of Pets." Gay. If he posts on here regularly and mentions it, then cool, but what he did just reeks of homosexuality to me.

Also, because he's a cocksucker.

C'mon dick, keep the PF butthurt in the PF. That's the deal we all agreed to long ago. You have to be extra chummy elsewhere with those you hate the most in the PF. That's what makes this site work.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was dooped into watching this chick flick.

v1.bTsxMTE4OTUzMDtqOzE3NDY0OzIwNDg7ODAwOzEyMDA

But any way you slice it, Tom Hardy is one heck of an actor.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Passengers" with Chris Pratt and Jessica Lawrence. 6/10

I didn't realize it was basically going to be a romance movie till about halfway through. Thought it was an action flick. Still, Chris Pratt is awesome and Lawrence is hot when she doesn't make certain faces.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't realize it was basically going to be a romance movie till about halfway through. Thought it was an action flick. Still, Chris Pratt is awesome and Lawrence is hot when she doesn't make certain faces.
Jessica Lawrence is not bad. But she is practically non-existent when you compare her to Jennifer Lawrence...

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a Netflix original last night, The Discovery, with Jason Segal and Rooney Mara. Wasn't too bad. Concept was really good. The discovery of an afterlife makes people commit suicide but more discoveries are made into what exactly the afterlife is. I gave it a 7/10, would of like more in depth on how the discovery was made and, might be morbid, but maybe the start of the string of suicides and what not. Overall, not bad. A movie saving twist at the end as well in my opinion. I would recommend it.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
42 - 2.5 out of 5 stars

The movie itself wasn't anything spectacular but I can see why it made Chadwick Boseman into a bigger star. I thought he did a great job as Jackie Robinson.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was free HBO and Cinemax movies last weekend so I recorded a few of them........watched:
sully.........Good movie.I`d say 8 of 10.........kinda boring but if you like real life movies,you`d like this one...............crazy how no one died.

The Road Warrior.......10 of 10.........Seen this movie a 100xs and it never gets boring.lol

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atomic Blonde

I'm a sucker for movies like this: A period piece revolving around a major historical event. It's a spy/espionage/action movie, but with a focus on the action. I love Sofia Boutella (not as an actress, just as a woman), and it looked like Theron really did, too. The fight scenes appear to be one-shot like Daredevil. Really well-done. The story is a "B", but the action, style and music lift it to a B+. James McAvoy is always good.

B+

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atomic Blonde

Wife wanted to see it and I've dragged her to a shit ton of superhero movies over the years so I owed her, really had no interest in going to see it but holy fuck was it a fun movie. The fight scenes were awesome, Charlize Theron is as bad ass as she is fine and James McAvoy was great as well. Plus, I'm a sucker for 80's music and it's full of a lot of my favorites, all brilliantly woven into the scenery. The story was pretty basic but like I said, I wasn't expecting The Usual Suspects, it's just a really good time.

4/5

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing says 'romance' like being so desperate that you're willing to doom a girl to an awful life for selfish reasons

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That didn't stop you from marrying your wife...
I'm not married yet but the analogy did dawn on me as someone who waited awhile to pick a mate and spent a good portion of my 20s being a drunk.

That said, a relationship is always a risk but most commonly a successful person should be marrying an unsuccessful person. There aren't enough successful people to go around and usually there was someone who raised kids and took care of the house which is not exactly a skilled profession (but is hard work)

What the movie shows is effectively murder and imprisonment. Thats different.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Belko Experiment - 4.5 out of 5 stars I loved this movie way more than I ever expected to. Lots of violence and good performances all around (John C. McGinley was great as the pervert turned psycho). The scary part is, is that this could have a remote chance of happening with people getting microchipped now.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw "Detroit" yesterday. Best movie I've seen this year. Entire movie just keeps you riveted. Some pretty good acting by the police officers.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Dogs Purpose.

Fuck I teared up during that movie.

My 7 yr old saw it with my wife. He wasn't sad at all during the scenes that I thought he would. They did those very tastefully.

I would recommend especially if you are a dog lover.

I rented it this past weekend. My daughter was home and we all watched it.

Misty-eyed at the proper spots, smiling at the proper spots.

Made me think of old Walt Disney stuff.