• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Killing: 2.5/5 stars. This film, released in 1956, was Stanley Kubrick's directional debut, and had a very intriguing set-up. I won't spoil anything, but the ending was extremely bland. It felt like Kubrick had 2/3rds of a good heist film in place, then couldn't think of an ending. Also, some of the shots that would have amazed audiences in 1956, like the horses racing, are standard fare today.

I give The Killing a negative review and wouldn't necessarily recommend it, however, for 85 minutes, there are worse movies you could watch.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
East Side Sushi. About a Latina Mom that works for a Japanese sushi restaurant and deals with some racial tension. Great film. I teared up a little at a few moments, NATURALLY when this happened I was laid by like 3 lesbians so it's totally fine.

Great movie, I'll give it an IMDB 7'er... little slow/sappy in parts but great film.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new Power Rangers- It was meh. It was nice to relive some of my childhood, but Id much rather just watch the original movie than that again.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new Power Rangers- It was meh. It was nice to relive some of my childhood, but Id much rather just watch the original movie than that again.

Really the original movie? With Ivan Ooze? LOL. I think that was the first one. I did like the movie where they all got Ninja powers though, because Ninjas are badass. Pretty sure that was the same one.

The one guy that gets the frog is all depressed when I was like, "WTF BRO, frogs rule!"

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really the original movie? With Ivan Ooze? LOL. I think that was the first one. I did like the movie where they all got Ninja powers though, because Ninjas are badass. The one guy that gets the frog is all depressed when I was like, "WTF BRO, frogs rule!"
Yeah, that movie. This new movie just seemed to go from the rangers having zero powers, to taking down Rita and Goldar in a matter of minutes.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that movie. This new movie just seemed to go from the rangers having zero powers, to taking down Rita and Goldar in a matter of minutes.
Honestly from the way people are describing, its in Razzie territory and I'm kind of stunned it wasnt even nominated for any.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly from the way people are describing, its in Razzie territory and I'm kind of stunned it wasnt even nominated for any.
Yeah it just didn't hit the mark for me. When the movie first was announced, the creator said that they had enough material for 6-7 movies. Since it bombed at the box office, it's now being rumored that no sequels will be made.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the movie first was announced, the creator said that they had enough material for 6-7 movies.
Always a bad sign when someone has a ton of content and only does something really small in focus.

Its one of the things I admire about the Guardians of the Galaxy movies. They might not always make everything work but there is a really big vision there. In just 2 movies they've created a massive sandbox and only destroyed as much as they've needed to.

Power Rangers at its surface looks like it had about as much content as a Twilight movie.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool.

What'd you think of it then?

I'd seen it once before around 1974 or so. It hadn't made a big splash in the theaters because of it's content.

When Pallenberg died recently I figured what the fuck and bought the Bluray.

It's a different movie, for a long time you aren't quite sure what is going on.

But it may be the first Roeg movie. Not sure, and he did co-direct with another guy.

I could have picked it up free at the library here, but was too lazy....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dark Knight

I actually haven't seen this flick in years. It doesn't stand up as much as I thought it would, but it is still solid and probably still properly sits on the thrown. Ledger was truly amazing. At the time, I liked the performance and thought it was a legit nomination, but I thought he won just because of the story. Nope. He absolutely deserved the Oscar. One of the greatest performances in the history of cinema.

Christian Bale, on the other hand, was embarrassingly bad. He was OK as Bruce Wayne, but his Batman was atrocious.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cabin In The Woods

This was a creative, shorter movie (95 min.) that uniquely parodies the horror genre. Clever, and ever more absurd as it continues, but not much more than that. It was written in 3 days.

B+

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Wick 2. Garbage. I don't think Keanu Reeves spoke more than 2 sentences in any one scene. The first one was decent, but this sequel was terrible.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dark Knight

I actually haven't seen this flick in years. It doesn't stand up as much as I thought it would, but it is still solid and probably still properly sits on the thrown. Ledger was truly amazing. At the time, I liked the performance and thought it was a legit nomination, but I thought he won just because of the story. Nope. He absolutely deserved the Oscar. One of the greatest performances in the history of cinema.

Christian Bale, on the other hand, was embarrassingly bad. He was OK as Bruce Wayne, but his Batman was atrocious.
How many stars? Also, agree to disagree on Bale. Yes, the voice can get annoying on repeat views, but if a man is crazy enough to dress up in a bat suit, I would think that type of throat cancer speaking should be expected, and would certainly add to the "scariness" factor. Plus, his overall physical presence in the costume was awesome.

Michael Keaton was probably the best Batman, Val Kilmer was probably the best Bruce Wayne, and Christian Bale was probably the best combination of the two (FWIW, I haven't seen Affleck yet. Color me surprised if he supplants anyone on this list/ranking).

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dark Knight

Do you like the album "Watch the Thrown" by Jay-Z and Kanye West? I wasn't a huge fan of their music relative to that period at the time it was released, but I was pleasantly surprised...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you like the album "Watch the Thrown" by Jay-Z and Kanye West? I wasn't a huge fan of their music relative to that period at the time it was released, but I was pleasantly surprised...
Not a "music guy". And in particular, I am not a "rap guy".

Actually never heard of the album.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many stars? Also, agree to disagree on Bale. Yes, the voice can get annoying on repeat views, but if a man is crazy enough to dress up in a bat suit, I would think that type of throat cancer speaking should be expected, and would certainly add to the "scariness" factor. Plus, his overall physical presence in the costume was awesome.

Michael Keaton was probably the best Batman, Val Kilmer was probably the best Bruce Wayne, and Christian Bale was probably the best combination of the two (FWIW, I haven't seen Affleck yet. Color me surprised if he supplants anyone on this list/ranking).
Probably still a 8.5/10. The story was solid and Ledger really was something special. The voice and his speaking cadence while in the mask were really bad. Also, the way it looked like he constantly had a stuffed nose was distracting. That may have been a costume issue, though. Apparently, Bale REALLY hated the costume and used his hatred in his performance.

Affleck may be the best Batman yet. I will need to watch BvS again to really judge, though. Affleck is a very under-rated actor.