• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sully

Short, kinda documentary feel to it. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

8/10

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hacksaw Ridge.

Best war flick since SPR? Probably. But still no SPR.

9/10
This is the last movie I saw and thought it was great. It should have won an Oscar for best picture.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Midnight Cowboy is worth viewing.
Thanks for the tip. I was thinking about making a thread about must see movies. I have like a ton I need to watch and was thinking other people probably feel like me. Like there are so many movies you want to see but can't keep track of all of the ones you missed out on by yourself.

Reactions: GNG

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone see "Into the Forest" (2015) ... it wasnt very good imo but i watched it to the bitter end for shits and giggles ... After a massive power outage, two sisters learn to survive on their own in their isolated woodland home.

for those who have seen it ...
iirc they show a scene at 7 months after blackout and then they fast forward to 15 months after black out .... i was seriously hoping that after the "climax" scene shown at 15 months, that someone would come upon the 2 sisters in the forest and say ... "what the fuck are you 2 doing out here? power came back on 7 months ago!!!"

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hustler: 2/5 stars. I am pretty shocked that this movie has gone on to gain the acclaim that it has- as it feeled very empty and shallow to me. I found the romance between Newman and Piper to be uninteresting, and the film lacked the definitive central, important message that I think the director wanted it to have.

It was interesting enough for the first hour and a half, with the contingency being that there would be a great pay-off in the end that would give the whole movie a purpose (such as what happened in Cool Hand Luke (4/5 stars), but it never came. That deflated the first 3/4ths of the movie that I saw.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Young Frankenstein.

The first half of the movie is hilarious and the 2nd half is just....weird. Very quotable but probably not something I'll watch over and over again.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched "The Accountant" last weekend.
Actually watched it a couple of times
Better than I expected.
Different than I expected in a good way.

It seemed like it moved slow, but maybe the correct word is methodical. Never really a dull moment.
Weird how they tied it all up at the end.

Right now I'd give it a 7.5/10

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
War Machine

This is the Brad Pitt Netflix movie.

Pitts's over acting was the pitts. I think it is based on a true story, but in that mockumentary way. All the characters are overly characured.

Hard to be disappointed with a straight to stream movie, but this is Netflix trying to change the industry. It shouldn't be a garbage waste of time. While I don't think it was a complete waste of time (the battle scene was not bad), I can't recommend it.

5.5/10

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Accountant

I enjoyed it. It was better than I was expecting, to be totally honest. The practical stunts were actually really impressive. The one shot at the farm with Affleck in the back of the truck, with a clear shot of his face... either that was really impressive CGI, or Affleck is taking a page from Cruise's book and doing legit stunts by himself.

My one main gripe, though, is that it felt more like a pilot episode for a tv show than a theatrical release movie. It didn't just feel like they were trying to start a franchise, it specifically just felt like a series premiere. Granted, a show I would watch.

7/10

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect Skin - The Lloyd Cole Story

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I watched Get Out and I was pleasantly surprised. It was hilarious and had me worried about what was going to happen next. It ended the way I wanted it to and yes it was fairly predictable but I will still give it a 8/10 and out of 10 movies I've seen in 2017 so far this was the best one by far.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Live by Night.

A movie that skips through exciting and important scenes as quickly as possible to prove a point and still the movie drags on for longer than you expect.

Nothing about the movie seems realistic but there are a bunch of good scenes that make it worth watching. I just think that the humanity in the movie is too distant to make it's meaning stick.

B-

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last couple of weeks I have watched two different movies starring two different actors that I generally don't like.

Watched John Wick and was pleasantly surprised at how entertained I was. Not a Keanu Reeves fan at all, but figured, what the hell, a little violent escapism might do the trick tonight. My expectations were pretty low I guess, but by the end I was really into it.

Last weekend I watched The Accountant. Same deal, not much of a Ben Afleck fan, but I really liked this one. I

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baby Driver: 3.5/5 stars. This review is spoiler free.

After the opening scene (which didn't even do a whole ton for me), the next 45 minutes was largely the worst thing an action-comedy directed by Edgar Wright with an A-list cast can be: boring. But the last half of the movie really picked up, and the final action scene was very good, in addition to the film's final ending.

I had only seen Ansel Elgort (Baby, the film's protagonist) in Divergent (2/5 stars) and didn't remember him or really his character in that forgettable adaptation of a decent YA teen novel. He was good enough in this film, though, by definition, his character didn't have much dialogue. Certainly not a break out performance from him in my book.

The supporting cast was largely great. Jamie Foxx was the funniest character, and Hamm gave an awesome turn as well. It certainly wasn't Kevin Stacey's greatest performance, and I think he was really just type-cast, but he was good as well. I kind of wish the three really hammed things up (no pun intended, Don Draper) and overacted more. They certainly overacted, just not at Jim Carrey or Jack Nicholson in "The Departed" levels.

My biggest complaint with the film was its lack of funniness (Wright certainly tried to inject humor, but I thought most of the jokes fell flat), and its mediocre at best soundtrack. For a film that had popular songs playing ~85% of the time, I sure felt they could do a better job.

I'm not a huge fan of the "action-for-action's-sake" genre (Mission Impossible, John Wich, The Equalizer, etc.), but this film was pretty entertaining at certain points. Not the best action movie of the last decade as Richard Roeper wrote in his review, but still pretty good. I'd recommend.