• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blown Away - having Tommy Lee Jones and Jeff Bridges, I thought it'd be better. Not horrible but nothing I'd ever go out of my way to watch again 2.5/5

Vertigo - Have to say I was pretty disappointed with this one. I just couldn't get invested enough to care about Scotty (James Stewart). Of the 3 Hitchcock films I've seen, this was 3rd, following Rear Window and Psycho. 2/5

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blown Away - having Tommy Lee Jones and Jeff Bridges, I thought it'd be better. Not horrible but nothing I'd ever go out of my way to watch again 2.5/5
You watched the wrong "Blown Away"...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched 2 movies on the plane this morning...

Lion

Totally heart-wrenching story. The execution of the actual search in the movie left a little to be desired (nit pick), but the movie really hits you in the feels the entire way. Saroo's relationship with his blood-brother is really beautiful. His relationship with his adopted brother, though, was a bit confusing. I got the sense it was supposed to a bigger part of the movie, but it just wasn't explained very well.

Of the Best Pic noms I have now seen so far (Arrival, Hell or High Water, Lion), my vote goes to Lion. Although, I will grant that a lot of the "quality" may have come from the story on which it is based rather than anything the producers brought to the table (script, acting, directing, etc).

8.5/10

Jason Bourne

Typical dumb spy/action flick, and that is not meant as a criticism. Nothing to really say about it, outside of that it was fun.

6.5/10

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Accountant 8.5/10
Blair Witch 5/10
Arrival 9/10
The Girl on the Train 5/10
Deepwater Horizon 7.5/10
War Dogs 6/10

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hollow Point.

I thought it was alright. Since I DL'ed it, I may being kinder than I would've if I'd paid to see it, but it wasn't NEARLY as bad as most critics reviewed it.

The title was weird though. Since the bullets I'm assuming the title comes from, weren't hollow points, but armor piercing.

Anyone else see this?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched a 2003 movie that I had never seen and never even heard of.
About the pron star John Holmes and his involvement in 4 homicides.

Had Val Kilmer playing John Holmes and and Lisa Kudrow in it so I gave it a shot.
Started out slow and sloppy but came together in short order.
I like how it was put together with some differing stories in the plot.

"Wonderland"

I'd give it a 6.5/10

wonderland_ver3.jpg

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just watched this .Not as bad at I thought it would be but still can only rate it as 5/10.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete's Dragon - A Disney movie thats more for parents in a midlife crisis than the actual kids. Very thoughtful but not something I'd want to see with children who would likely be crying through the 2nd half of the movie. Lost innocence makes for something meaningful but not really something enjoyable. The Jungle Book reboot overall does the fun parts better and has better special effects. Naturally they do the cliche Disney parents dying thing but its done tastefully if a bit depressingly. I'll give it a B- even with some good acting performances.

The Three Musketeers (2011) - Wow. This movie has to be one of the 5 best Mystery Science Theater movies I've ever seen. Its so amazingly bad in so many ways and yet is so enjoyably terrible. Somehow the amazing Christoph Waltz is in this and playing a character that is amazing and yet somehow the movie doesnt really care about him and focuses on some truly awful special effects, some fun but unneeded fight scenes and completely misses the point of romance, politics and intrigue while dancing around a setting that should be filled with it. James Cordon almost looks like he is photoshopped into the film later as a bad late night skit. The third act is just legendary cheese with no rhyme or reason to anything and the ending is gloriously stupid.

If we're taking this seriously: D+
If we're talking through the movie and laughing at it: A

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glory: 4/5 stars. Great film that was somewhat let-down by a rather anti-climatic ending. Seriously, the set-up was freaking amazing, but when they got to the actual battle, it was largely poorly shot and unemotional. Damn, I was really hoping for an awesome final battle after such a fantastic climb, but oh well. GREAT turns from Broderick, Denzel, and Andre Braugher as the college-educated Thomas Searles.
Almost thirty years old man. Gotta keep that in perspective.

Not much you can do with a story that ends with, and then they all died.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inherent Vice

Always like Joaquin Phoenix. And did in this early 70's Private Investigator movie. But felt like I was doing my own investigating trying to keep up with what was going on. Big name cast, smallbudget movie.

If I watch it again I'll need to be less high, I think.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inherent Vice

Always like Joaquin Phoenix. And did in this early 70's Private Investigator movie. But felt like I was doing my own investigating trying to keep up with what was going on. Big name cast, smallbudget movie.

If I watch it again I'll need to be less high, I think.
Am I crazy in thinking the first half of that movie was excellent and the 2nd half was just sorta okay? I might need to rewatch that one as well.

I remember seeing this in theaters while sitting behind a guy watching this with his parents. I can't help but think that full frontal nudity scene was super awkward for that guy.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan

Man, this movie was HYPED. Some said it's on par with The Dark Knight, in terms of being a transcendent superhero movie. Well, let me nip that in the bud: It is not on par with TDK. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't put Logan ahead of the other two Nolan movies. (And for the record, I'm not really a DC Universe fan.)What Logan is, however, is an impactful, rock-solid ending to the Logan and Xavier saga, which we've been following for over 15 years now.

8.5/10
Is Logan Wolverines name?

Not gonna spoil, no chance I ever watch.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I crazy in thinking the first half of that movie was excellent and the 2nd half was just sorta okay? I might need to rewatch that one as well.

I remember seeing this in theaters while sitting behind a guy watching this with his parents. I can't help but think that full frontal nudity scene was super awkward for that guy.
This would not be comfortable with parents, at any age really. Lol

After Martin Short showed up for a minute and a half things got different. And I'm not sure if I ever had a grasp of the big picture. I know to beware TheGolden Fang though.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates

best line: "you look like Don Johnson fucked Zack Morris!"

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take Shelter: 4/5 stars. This is my second time seeing it. Flirted with 4.5/5 stars, but I've never been a huge fan of the ending (everything else is fantastic though, especially on first viewing, when you don't know what's going to happen).

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched for the 1st time Star Trek Beyond.

To tell you the truth, it was beyond terrible.
The plot/writing was awful. It didn't do anything for me.
I didn't care one way or the other.
It seemed very very long which usually means it sucks.

I may be one of the biggest Star Trek fans on the planet, but this movie was a 1 and done.

I'm not even sure how to rate it on a 10 scale.
3/10 I guess.