• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL The Lakers, Spurs, Leonard, DeRozan, and the idiot Raptors

Who is the real winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is clear what the Spurs wanted to do. That is true. It was also a mistake. The Spurs have no chance to be better than a second round playoff team and it will only be downhill from here. The Pop dynasty is over.
I am sure you can hvae that opinion, and so can I, however, to act like you know better than Greg Popovich is so frighteningly stupid its beyond rational belief.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't really.

Had the Lakers landed George, I would have said the opposite. The 6ers already have 2 future superstars and Kawhi would be the 3rd piece that would put them over the top, IMO. The Lakers are further away than the 6ers are.
I really need you to follow the Lakers, im telling you bruh, the Lakers will smoke 50 game winners. They will win 50 games.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Philly wasn't in this conversation. When it is all said and done, I don't know what the Sixers offered up. I don't know what the Spurs wanted. The reports were that the Spurs wanted Simmons or Embiid which was never going to happen. Seems like they wanted trade pieces that would make them good this season. The Sixers didn't really have a lot of those.

The Lakers are burning a season with Lebron. Yes they may be able to sign Kawhi next year but that is far from a certainty. And Lebron will be turning 35 next season. I'm not arguing that the Lakers are the losers in this deal but calling them the winners seems, at best, premature.

The preseason hasn't even started yet. We've seen players injured for the season in the first game or earlier. All of this is premature. That's kind of the point?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure you can hvae that opinion, and so can I, however, to act like you know better than Greg Popovich is so frighteningly stupid its beyond rational belief.

Did I ever say or even imply I know better than Pop?

No.

Pop and the Spurs are doing what they can to maximize their short term win potential. That is clear. It is also the wrong path for the future of the franchise, IMO.

But, Pop doesn't care about that because he is on limited time until retirement and he doesn't want to go trough a rebuild. Which is understandable. But also presents a pretty clear conflict of interest.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't really.

Had the Lakers landed George, I would have said the opposite. The 6ers already have 2 future superstars and Kawhi would be the 3rd piece that would put them over the top, IMO. The Lakers are further away than the 6ers are.

No team with Lebron is further away than the Sixers. 2 future superstars does not trump 1 top 5 player in NBA history.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team with Lebron is further away than the Sixers. 2 future superstars does not trump 1 top 5 player in NBA history.

Not today, you are probably right on that.

But do you think LeBron + Kawhi and all those 1 year misfits is enough to challenge the top teams in the West?

I don't.

Kawhi + Simmons + Embiid would be crazy. They would probably need to lose to GS in the FInals once or twice, but that is a championship core.

No doubt Kawhi and LeBron could be too, but not this year. And the window won't be open for as long because of LeBron's age. That is why they need to add Kawhi to LeBron and the kids.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really need you to follow the Lakers, im telling you bruh, the Lakers will smoke 50 game winners. They will win 50 games.

I will be watching for sure. Want to see what LeBron can do this year.

Problem is most of their games don't start til after my bedtime. It is why I could never truly follow a west coast team.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be watching for sure. Want to see what LeBron can do this year.

Problem is most of their games don't start til after my bedtime. It is why I could never truly follow a west coast team.
MLG Highlights

follow this guy

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres like 18 players on hte Sixers that would be the 2nd best player on the Lakers.

I mena- LeBron couldnt do it by "himself" with Love and Irving 2 years ago---- now he goes to LA where there are no other all stars?

Look at Philly- you have 2 All Stars- and a bunch of solid role players. Covington or Reddick - either one would easily be the Lakers 2nd best player at this point in the young guys' careers.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres like 18 players on hte Sixers that would be the 2nd best player on the Lakers.

I mena- LeBron couldnt do it by "himself" with Love and Irving 2 years ago---- now he goes to LA where there are no other all stars?

Look at Philly- you have 2 All Stars- and a bunch of solid role players. Covington or Reddick - either one would easily be the Lakers 2nd best player at this point in the young guys' careers.

Are you talking bullshit because of the medication you had to take for chopping off your left nut or are you really this stupid?

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly bro, let me find some highlights. Especially of first year player Kyle Kuzma

6'10

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly bro, let me find some highlights. Especially of first year player Kyle Kuzma

i actually think Kuzma fits pretty well with LeBron.

Having said that- how many teams is Kuzma the starting Pf on in the NBA? If you ranked them 1-30 there is no chance Kuzma is in the top half.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Having said that- how many teams is Kuzma the starting Pf on in the NBA? If you ranked them 1-30 there is no chance Kuzma is in the top half.
he will be watch closely, hes a fucking rookie and hes better than all our other players minus lebron

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Covington or Reddick - either one would easily be the Lakers 2nd best player at this point in the young guys' careers.

Find me one person who would take those two guys over Ingram or Kuzma.

I'll wait, one-nut

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many rookies were 'top half' starting PFs last year? Or the year before that?

But having said that i'm intrigued to know the 15 starting PFs you'd pick over Kuz.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not today, you are probably right on that.

But do you think LeBron + Kawhi and all those 1 year misfits is enough to challenge the top teams in the West?

I don't.

Kawhi + Simmons + Embiid would be crazy. They would probably need to lose to GS in the FInals once or twice, but that is a championship core.

No doubt Kawhi and LeBron could be too, but not this year. And the window won't be open for as long because of LeBron's age. That is why they need to add Kawhi to LeBron and the kids.

Lebron's window will open for longer than most think, as the kids take over their share of the production and Lebron's role reduces. In the next few years, those kids will be coming fully into their own, and Lebron can decide whether to retire, move on, or slowly reduce his role.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he will be watch closely, hes a fucking rookie and hes better than all our other players minus lebron

I don't agree with that at all. Ingram is the best of the kids, and Lonzo is firmly in that mix as well. Kuzma is older and more fully formed at this time, but his upside is muted as a result. He's 3 years older than Ingram and Ball.