• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lakers need to stay the fuck away from Rondo

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm against it, but if we were to go after him, a 3 year, 8-10 million deal(with a team opt out after 2 years to chase Westbrook), it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Past events do worry me about Rondo however. Not so much the situation s in Boston and Dallas, but he STILL can't shoot the ball. You'd think that over the years, this would be something that he'd work on

I agree about the money. I wouldn't mind getting him on a 3 year deal (especially if there's a team option after 2). He has screwed himself out of getting a max deal from anyone and I think/hope the Lakers know this and offer him a deal that will pay $12 million per at the most.

They can still chase Westbrook in a couple of seasons if they are smart with their cap space and the increase in the salary cap. They've been patient with their cap space so far and not used it to overpay anyone just because they have it. Which is encouraging.

I think that part of the reason he hasn't really worked on his shot is because he see's himself as a pass first guy and for the most part, has played on teams that didn't need his scoring. Having said that though, I would think that he would have worked on that just as a matter of professional pride. IF he comes to the Lakers, hopefully Kobe and Byron will impress that upon him and he'll improve.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rondo is pretty much done. Drajic would be a better candidate to chase after but Riley is pretty convincing and Drajic will probably stay in South Beach. Sign Rondo for not more than 4-6 mill per year on a two-year, take-it or leave-it condition and be done with it.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about the money. I wouldn't mind getting him on a 3 year deal (especially if there's a team option after 2). He has screwed himself out of getting a max deal from anyone and I think/hope the Lakers know this and offer him a deal that will pay $12 million per at the most.

They can still chase Westbrook in a couple of seasons if they are smart with their cap space and the increase in the salary cap. They've been patient with their cap space so far and not used it to overpay anyone just because they have it. Which is encouraging.

I think that part of the reason he hasn't really worked on his shot is because he see's himself as a pass first guy and for the most part, has played on teams that didn't need his scoring. Having said that though, I would think that he would have worked on that just as a matter of professional pride. IF he comes to the Lakers, hopefully Kobe and Byron will impress that upon him and he'll improve.
Hopefully so, if he ever developed a respectable jump shot, he would of been GREAT. As for the cap, I'm no expert on it, but I seen something the other day that said Brooklyn's ridiculous current cap number is gonna be the MINIMUM for cap space that teams will HAVE to spend in 2016(I think). In other words, the cap is about to get freakin ridiculous, which benefits us. I'm not really on board with it yet, but if we did get Rondo and Love, I think we could atleast throw our hat in the Durant sweepstakes with a somewhat good team

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers will sign him to a max contract.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump. Stay away from this trash :nod:

Sorry. Sucks not having much to discuss until lottery day.

How about this? Randle has the hottest girlfriend on the team. Sorry Swaggy!

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mepal_Wood_Log.jpg

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump. Stay away from this trash :nod:

Sorry. Sucks not having much to discuss until lottery day.

How about this? Randle has the hottest girlfriend on the team. Sorry Swaggy!

Her dress blends into his suit and all you can see is her face. Need more pics for...uh...research.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson may have never gotten the opportunity if we had gone crazy last offseason signing mid-tier free agents too, things are looking pretty good with the potential top-5, the late first rounder and 2nd round pick coming up. As Clarkson is showing, you can find gems in the second round too.