• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lakers need to stay the fuck away from Rondo

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After this postseason I don't want him anywhere near the Lakers.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are FUBAR. With the leaders on the current team, Rondo would fit right in. What does cancer matter when you're knocking on death's door from AIDS?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and I don't want him anywhere near the Knicks either. He isn't even a top ten PG anymore and he's a head case.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give him a tryout and a reasonable offer... Kobe's on his last leg, Rondo might be his last shot, might be some bullshit... I agree with Hammer somewhat, in that Buss painted himself into a corner... Better swing for the fence then to give the keys to Clarkson right now, or resign Lin... Could end up like Mike Brown/Dantoni, or could be some crazy perfect fit...:noidea:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The agree in with Hammer is, if you're dying of Aids maybe the cancer cells would attack the aids virus and somehow MAGICally you end up cured... See what I did there...:yo:

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

"See ya..you can be someone elses problem next season."

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give him a tryout and a reasonable offer... Kobe's on his last leg, Rondo might be his last shot, might be some bullshit... I agree with Hammer somewhat, in that Buss painted himself into a corner... Better swing for the fence then to give the keys to Clarkson right now, or resign Lin... Could end up like Mike Brown/Dantoni, or could be some crazy perfect fit...:noidea:

Rondo ain't carrying Kobe to a title. It's time to move on from the "let's try to get Kobe one more title" mentality. They tried it with Nash/Howard and it unfortunately did not work out. They need to develop a squad that can sustain success for several seasons.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to give Rondo a try IF he gets nowhere near a max deal. $6-10m a year at most. I'd like Clarkson to learn from this guy, especially when it comes to assists and rebounds.

At the end of the day it can't get any worse for the Lakers.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to give Rondo a try IF he gets nowhere near a max deal. $6-10m a year at most. I'd like Clarkson to learn from this guy, especially when it comes to assists and rebounds.

At the end of the day it can't get any worse for the Lakers.

At last we agree!!!

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo ain't carrying Kobe to a title. It's time to move on from the "let's try to get Kobe one more title" mentality. They tried it with Nash/Howard and it unfortunately did not work out. They need to develop a squad that can sustain success for several seasons.

How do we purpose we do this...? We have Randle, we have Clarkson, we have Kobe... The rest is shit... Clarkson is nice but he's not ready... We have 2 picks coming... That's a very young core that can be developed... But what do you do with Kobe...? He's here and the fans are in his corner, if you say fuck Kobe we'll for the future, Kobe will call them out... The fans will be able to let out all the anger for the last few seasons if Kobe calls management out for tanking... I say try to get Rondo for cheap... Try like HELL to get Jimmy Butler... And see if we can get better than Boozer... Rondo, Butler, Kobe, Randle/Black/Boozer, Hill... Clarkson/Young/Johnson/Rookie off the bench... That's worth a shot, and when Kobe goes you got Clarkson/Butler/?/Randle/Rookie that's now older... Hopefully sign a big name to go at SF, Durant...? I'm just saying, Rondo may end up sucking, but I think he's earned a look with such little prospects... When is Otto Porter available...? I think for the right price he's worth a spot...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread should say "stay the fuck away from Love"...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the idea is to get a last title for Kobe and even Kobe seems to be on board with that given some of his comments. However, the idea is also not to just build through the draft and wait for guys to develop either.

From the little that the Lakers have said (and I'm glad they're back to saying little about their plans) it looks like they want younger top FA's who still have a good 5+ years in them. Guys like Dragic, Rondo, Gasol (Marc, not Pau), Love, etc. These are 27-30 year old guys who still have several good years left.

A mix of younger top FA's and another good draft pick or 2 to go with Randle and Clarkson could put them back into contention. Probably not enough to get Kobe one last ring, but enough to make a solid post season run.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread should say "stay the fuck away from Love"...

If you're referring to him being a bit injury prone, I agree. If you're referring to how things have gone in Cleveland, I tend to disagree (although I understand your reasoning).

I'm not too worried about how things ended for Rondo in Boston or what's happened in Dallas. In Boston, he was stuck in a re-build that didn't really include him anymore and in Dallas, he doesn't fit Carlisle's offense (which several of us predicted). Don't get me wrong, given a choice between Rondo and Dragic, I want Dragic. But a Rondo who wants to be in L.A. and is making $10-12 million per year (or even less) may not be a bad consolation prize, especially if it's on a shorter deal.

Love's injury issues concern me, but what's happened in Cleveland doesn't. We all thought it was going to be tough for him to fit there and it's looking like we were right.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think either of them have anything to be proud of re: how they have handled things, but as I've said before, most of the time, when a guy ends up where he wants to be, he responds positively.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo can't play anymore. This current Rondo is nowhere close to '08-'10 Rondo. Dude's game has regressed and his attitude seemingly gets worse. Have you seen his FT%? Outside shot? I just don't get the desire for Rondo. He's clearly on the downside of career which has been overrated to begin with.

I'm not saying build solely through the draft and then develop the youth. Free agency success is vitally important. However, there are much better options to spend the cap room on for the long term future of the team than Rondo. Blowing $10-12 mil per year on him eliminates signing a max free agent. That money is better spent trying to get a Butler or a Harris or a Leonard. Monroe maybe. Certainly inquire about Gasol, but signing him doesn't look at all realistic.

What do you do with Kobe? You start him as always. I think he understands the position that the Lakers are currently in. He understands the transition going on. I think he somewhat embraces it and is enjoying mentoring the youth. I never said anything about tanking next season. Far from it. It's about adding the right pieces though. Not signing Rondo isn't going to push Kobe over an angry edge.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo can't play anymore. This current Rondo is nowhere close to '08-'10 Rondo. Dude's game has regressed and his attitude seemingly gets worse. Have you seen his FT%? Outside shot? I just don't get the desire for Rondo. He's clearly on the downside of career which has been overrated to begin with.

I'm not saying build solely through the draft and then develop the youth. Free agency success is vitally important. However, there are much better options to spend the cap room on for the long term future of the team than Rondo. Blowing $10-12 mil per year on him eliminates signing a max free agent. That money is better spent trying to get a Butler or a Harris or a Leonard. Monroe maybe. Certainly inquire about Gasol, but signing him doesn't look at all realistic.

What do you do with Kobe? You start him as always. I think he understands the position that the Lakers are currently in. He understands the transition going on. I think he somewhat embraces it and is enjoying mentoring the youth. I never said anything about tanking next season. Far from it. It's about adding the right pieces though. Not signing Rondo isn't going to push Kobe over an angry edge.

Didn't mean to imply tanking (though I said it), meant more not trying to get the best option... Rondo certainly has a bad ft% and jumper... But prior to him leaving Boston his stats were...

8.3ppg/7.5rpg/10.8apg/1.7spg/3.4tpg

His stats from 08-10 are 2pts more 2rebs more 1stl more... And like Trojan was saying, when a guy is in a better place he responds... Look at Josh Smith... You look at giving Rondo a 3/4 year deal at a reasonable price 10/12 mil or less, you have 2 things... 1) you might get the player we need... 2) no matter what after 2 years we'll know if Clarkson is really who we hope him to be and Rondo takes a back seat I'm his final year, or if it's 4 we can try to move his expiring... I don't see a downside with this move... I will acknowledge it could not work, but what PG out there has the balls to save Kobe from himself... Rondo will keep the offense moving yet will know when it's Kobe time... Just my opinion...