• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lakers are (seriously) considering signing MWP

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,081.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Woj.

:L

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,081.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a late April Fools joke.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wanted Amare's glass knees but you don't want MWP? This team is in dire need of perimeter D and I'm sure MWP can still defend a little bit.

It's not pretty but it is a way to round this team out a little more without sacrificing any flexibility in the future.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wanted Amare's glass knees but you don't want MWP? This team is in dire need of perimeter D and I'm sure MWP can still defend a little bit.

It's not pretty but it is a way to round this team out a little more without sacrificing any flexibility in the future.
LMAO - I am glad some one remembered which bozos, err I mean posters wanted Stoudemire because I was against it. At least with World peace you should be able to get about 40 to 50 games. I don't think he's young enough or healthy enough to play all 82 games, but it would have to be an improvement over the other guy

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Amare can still play a bit though. He was fine as a role player in NY/Dal last year. Artest aka MWP aka The Panda's Friend was barely a warm body the last time he was on an NBA court. He's not exactly the teaching type either so what possible value could he have? There's plenty of other old guys out there that would take one last pay check just to be a locker room guy and there's tons of young legs in the D-League that could put up just as much skill level

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,081.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We had no centers and after we whiffed on the free agent C's.......I said Amare wouldn't be a bad pickup for a backup PF/C.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,081.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amare can still play a bit though. He was fine as a role player in NY/Dal last year. Artest aka MWP aka The Panda's Friend was barely a warm body the last time he was on an NBA court. He's not exactly the teaching type either so what possible value could he have? There's plenty of other old guys out there that would take one last pay check just to be a locker room guy and there's tons of young legs in the D-League that could put up just as much skill level

Exactly. In a limited role.....Amare can play.

MWP was trash with the Knicks.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how seriously the Lakers are considering MWP. According to the paper this morning, MWP has been at the Lakers practice facility playing against a few of the current players. His representatives apparently approached the Lakers about a 1 year deal. The Lakers have declined to comment.

If it happens, it happens. I agree with wildturkey that he isn't exactly a "teaching guy" and there are plenty of old guys that would love a one year deal or young D-league guys they could try to develop.

Personally, if the Lakers want to take a flyer on a small forward, I'd rather see them sign @TurnUpTheHeat boy Beasley.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A rumor like this concerns me. It leads me to believe that the front office thinks it can legitimately compete this season. This season should be about playing and developing the youth not about having delusions of championships.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amare's not a true center, and the Lakers have PLENTY of bigs (Nance Jr, Randle, Kelly, Black, Hibbert, Bass, Sacre, possibly Upshaw). I don't personally like the idea of Kobe or Young starting at the 3, Young would get smoked on a daily basis defensively and Kobe couldn't possibly be the primary perimeter defender and scorer and not break down. I've said this before but I don't think the Lakers need any more mentors, they have plenty. The Lakers have a glut of SGs and PFs.

I do agree that Beasley would be a better choice though.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a disaster waiting to happen. Could Jim Buss be meddling again?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how seriously the Lakers are considering MWP. According to the paper this morning, MWP has been at the Lakers practice facility playing against a few of the current players. His representatives apparently approached the Lakers about a 1 year deal. The Lakers have declined to comment.

If it happens, it happens. I agree with wildturkey that he isn't exactly a "teaching guy" and there are plenty of old guys that would love a one year deal or young D-league guys they could try to develop.

Personally, if the Lakers want to take a flyer on a small forward, I'd rather see them sign @TurnUpTheHeat boy Beasley.

Flyer???

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time he played in an NBA game we 'witnessed' 34-11-8 :rolleyes2:

:lol: Actually, I was using "take a flyer" in the context of MWP even being a consideration. If the Lakers want to bring in another SF, I can't think of anyone available that I would rather them get over Beasley. I'm actually stunned that no one has picked him up. He's never going to live up to the expectations from when he was drafted. But he can definitely help just about any team coming off the bench.

Hell, last year, I'd have rather seen him starting at SF than Wes Johnson.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Actually, I was using "take a flyer" in the context of MWP even being a consideration. If the Lakers want to bring in another SF, I can't think of anyone available that I would rather them get over Beasley. I'm actually stunned that no one has picked him up. He's never going to live up to the expectations from when he was drafted. But he can definitely help just about any team coming off the bench.

Teams apparently just don't want to deal with whatever garbage he must bring with him.
I've personally never seen it, but I'm not blind enough to think that something doesn't exist.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is for damn sure, TJF12!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. In a limited role.....Amare can play.

MWP was trash with the Knicks.
He can play when he isn't in the hospital or rehab with those knees of his, but yes he can play

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WHO WOULDN'T?:pound:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,081.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A rumor like this concerns me. It leads me to believe that the front office thinks it can legitimately compete this season. This season should be about playing and developing the youth not about having delusions of championships.

This. They will be lucky to win 35-38 games. They'll most likely win 32-34.