• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Kevin Durant/N.Y. Knicks Bandwagon: I'm Now In...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You left out Knox and the #3 pick (likely Barrett). You want to talk about duplication, how about Jrue and Smart? The only big the Celtics can offer is Robert Williams (an on the block center with no range). Celtics draft picks are all later in a wishy-washy draft beyond the top few.

Actually, none of these comparisons matter. Kyrie is going to NYC or LA. He is done with Boston. Ainge has to be smart enough not to risk the majority of his roster on a likely rental (is AD going to re-sign to play with Hayward, lol?). The AD trade options are the Knicks, Lakers, and whomever else decides to ante-up (maybe the Clippers?).

Yeah as of right now it's between the Lakers and Knicks. Interested to see who else gets in the mix. Do the Clips have the assets? I would think they would want to hang on to SGA and Shamet and sign a big FA if possible. They don't have any valuable draft picks to include like the Knicks and Lakers do.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did mention Knox. He is worth a sports center highlight or two for a dunk, but he shot like 35% from the floor.
It is the same thing with basically every Knick player — athletic with no jump shot. Why do you think they are drafting at the top of the draft year in and year out.

Maybe because the fan base refuses for that raw talent (what you get when you draft 18 and 19 year olds) to develop.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because the fan base refuses for that raw talent (what you get when you draft 18 and 19 year olds) to develop.

It is the fan’s fault the Knicks have been a disaster for so long?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the fan’s fault the Knicks have been a disaster for so long?

The fans keep coming to the games despite the awful product, while griping the whole time about that product. Make that awful product hurt ownership's pocket. Right now, Dolan is the biggest problem. I'm almost scared to see how they screw up this offseason; things seem set up for a big turn-around.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wants out because like every other star, they want to be paired with other superstars. New Orleans just won the chance to add that superstar for cheap for 4 years.
Adding Zion on what will be essentially a 4 year 40 million dollar deal, gives New Orleans the opportunity, if they can convince AD to stay, to add another star alongside him. I believe NO has like 40 million coming off their books.
Of course — this all comes down to ownership and if they are willing to spend.

I honestly don’t see NY putting a package together better than Boston can put together. I think he ends up going to Boston. New Orleans doesn’t care where Davis wants to go — they are going after the max return if he is traded. No one has the young talent and draft picks Boston has.

I don't expect AD to stay in NO regardless of Zion because I don't think they will be able to land a 3rd star caliber player in FA. I wouldn't be in a rush to move him, I'd let BOS and NY fight it out and take the best offer, but NY knowing that AD is the key to getting KD, the Knicks are so desperate to be relevant again that they will practically gut the team to make it happen.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect AD to stay in NO regardless of Zion because I don't think they will be able to land a 3rd star caliber player in FA. I wouldn't be in a rush to move him, I'd let BOS and NY fight it out and take the best offer, but NY knowing that AD is the key to getting KD, the Knicks are so desperate to be relevant again that they will practically gut the team to make it happen.

Can you really call it "gutting" when the end result is likely Durant/Kyrie/AD instead of Barrett/DSJ/Knox/Robinson?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you really call it "gutting" when the end result is likely Durant/Kyrie/AD instead of Barrett/DSJ/Knox/Robinson?

Good point.

My point was, the Knicks are willing to do whatever it takes to land a megastar...but the reality is when you only win 17 games and haven't made the playoffs in several years...what is there to really gut?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point.

My point was, the Knicks are willing to do whatever it takes to land a megastar...but the reality is when you only win 17 games and haven't made the playoffs in several years...what is there to really gut?

It's surprising that they have pieces as good as they do to trade. Robinson was a solid late pick, and getting DSJ in the Zinger trade was decent (although Zinger himself might be a better piece, even without proving his health yet).

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NO can make New York and LA grab ankles. Both are so desperate to land AD.

LA has LeBron and a bunch of square blocks they are trying to fit into a round hole. They wasted year 1 with LeBron, so they have to figure out who they can pair with him.

NY is all in on this FA class and freed up the space to bring in multiple max players. Getting AD would almost assuredly secure then KD as well.

So NO holds both teams hostage right now. In the end — NO is going to either get a King’s ransom or they will convince AD to stay. So they can’t lose.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

I think NY's package is better than Boston's.

I also rate LAL higher than Boston because I don't think they will put forth anything close to their best package.

That being said, LA only has a legit chance if NY and Boston don't go all out to get AD (highly possible). Also, LA's trade package is a lot better now that they hold the 4th pick. In January it was looking like it would be out of the lottery if the Lakers completed the trade.

WHAT???????? You think the knicks package is better? YOU LIED TO ME! My package always made you happiest!!!

No seriously, you been arguing with me for years about Knick personnel, now they have a package? C mon man , Like the Judge in My Cousin Vinny.. ‘ are you on drugs?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So NO holds both teams hostage right now. In the end — NO is going to either get a King’s ransom or they will convince AD to stay. So they can’t lose.

I really don't know how you keep believing this will happen, they are now actively shopping him after he asked for a trade several times AND he sat out half the season. He isn't staying and they aren't convincing him to, this isn't an option. N.O. might hold all the cards but if they DON'T trade AD in the offseason, they won't be in control at all anymore. Their trade package lowers significantly, so they do hold the cards but they have to trade him this offseason.

The only way they can lose is if they somehow don't trade him this offseason and have to trade him at the deadline for half of the package, I don't see this happening. I see them trading him before the draft most likely, so they can pick their players with the draft picks they acquire.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO can make New York and LA grab ankles. Both are so desperate to land AD.

LA has LeBron and a bunch of square blocks they are trying to fit into a round hole. They wasted year 1 with LeBron, so they have to figure out who they can pair with him.

NY is all in on this FA class and freed up the space to bring in multiple max players. Getting AD would almost assuredly secure then KD as well.

Yep…because there are two big market teams that are desperate NO should come out of this smelling like roses. But, it’s a little more difficult when the star player is already on record saying he wants out, and reiterated it after they landed the #1 overall in the draft. I’ve heard it said NO doesn’t care about satisfying AD’s desires in a trade, but they kinda do because he’s unrestricted after next season so whomever trades will want assurances they are not giving up the farm for a 1 yr rental.

It’s going to be a good haul for AD, but they need both of these teams bidding to max out unless one of the GMs is willing to compete against himself like the Jets GM did on the Bell contract.

The reason I don't think they can convince AD to stay is NO is still going to be a bottom feeder in the west with Zion and AD and being a small market bottom feeder is not something AD wants to continue dealing with. They need Zion and another proven star player to convince AD to stay in NO imo.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know how you keep believing this will happen, they are now actively shopping him after he asked for a trade several times AND he sat out half the season. He isn't staying and they aren't convincing him to, this isn't an option. N.O. might hold all the cards but if they DON'T trade AD in the offseason, they won't be in control at all anymore. Their trade package lowers significantly, so they do hold the cards but they have to trade him this offseason.

The only way they can lose is if they somehow don't trade him this offseason and have to trade him at the deadline for half of the package, I don't see this happening. I see them trading him before the draft most likely, so they can pick their players with the draft picks they acquire.

Believing it will happen? I just think it is the best option for New Orleans. They have Zion coming on board, they have Jrue Holiday — add AD to that and you could have a team who can compete with the top teams.

With Zion on a rookie deal — it’d give them a 4 year window to add talent from the discount they will get from his rookie deal.

AD could sign his supermax — play for 5 years and then go elsewhere if he wants. Going to NY or LA will cost him 40-50 million, as I don’t see NO agreeing to a sign and trade.

So I’m not saying it will happen. I’m saying it is what NO wants to happen and with the addition of Zion — it gives them a glimmer of hope.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep…because there are two big market teams that are desperate NO should come out of this smelling like roses. But, it’s a little more difficult when the star player is already on record saying he wants out, and reiterated it after they landed the #1 overall in the draft. I’ve heard it said NO doesn’t care about satisfying AD’s desires in a trade, but they kinda do because he’s unrestricted after next season so whomever trades will want assurances they are not giving up the farm for a 1 yr rental.

It’s going to be a good haul for AD, but they need both of these teams bidding to max out unless one of the GMs is willing to compete against himself like the Jets GM did on the Bell contract.

The reason I don't think they can convince AD to stay is NO is still going to be a bottom feeder in the west with Zion and AD and being a small market bottom feeder is not something AD wants to continue dealing with. They need Zion and another proven star player to convince AD to stay in NO imo.

I’m not positive what type of money NO will have. But they have Jrue Holiday already, who averaged 21 ppg, 8 assists and 5 rebounds at PG. With Zion at SF or PF and AD at PF or Center, that gives them 3 really good starters and one is only 10 million a year.

As I said — I am not saying he will re-sign with NO. I’m just NO has a small chance to talk him into staying.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believing it will happen? I just think it is the best option for New Orleans. They have Zion coming on board, they have Jrue Holiday — add AD to that and you could have a team who can compete with the top teams.

With Zion on a rookie deal — it’d give them a 4 year window to add talent from the discount they will get from his rookie deal.

AD could sign his supermax — play for 5 years and then go elsewhere if he wants. Going to NY or LA will cost him 40-50 million, as I don’t see NO agreeing to a sign and trade.

So I’m not saying it will happen. I’m saying it is what NO wants to happen and with the addition of Zion — it gives them a glimmer of hope.

That glimmer is already gone. They met with AD last week and his position had not changed. The longer they hold out from making a trade, the less the return.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact is Zion is still a rookie, they still aren't beating the top teams regardless until Zion would blossom into a star. Doesn't really matter what we think is best, this relationship is ruined. There is nothing left for him in N.O. AD is gone.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is Zion is still a rookie, they still aren't beating the top teams regardless until Zion would blossom into a star. Doesn't really matter what we think is best, this relationship is ruined. There is nothing left for him in N.O. AD is gone.

AD requested a trade because he wants to win and play for a team who can compete for a championship. THAT is what damaged the relationship with the team.
As I said — In no way, shape, or form am I saying be will stay in NO. I think he ends up in NY. I am just saying the chance to draft Zion gave them a sliver of hope.
I know the GM met with Davis, but I’d guess he will open up trade talks to see what the deals are he can get, so he has all his bases covered.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, according to all of the rumors the Knicks are going to get KD, ad, Kyrie, and every other free agent this summer.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if they get no one

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT???????? You think the knicks package is better? YOU LIED TO ME! My package always made you happiest!!!

No seriously, you been arguing with me for years about Knick personnel, now they have a package? C mon man , Like the Judge in My Cousin Vinny.. ‘ are you on drugs?

Over the last 2 years they have stockpiled young assets. They have not had win now pieces, but they have a lot of young, cheap, talented players that rebuilding teams like NO will want.

If you were paying attention, I told you they would suck for a couple seasons with the goal to accumulate resources for exactly this type of trade in the 2019 off season.

This is precisely why we all told you that you are a fool for wanting the Knicks to win more games the last 2 years.

Because with a better record, they don't have the assets or the cap space to pull this off.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But....

@buckalis told me it is a done deal that AD will sign an extension in NO to play with Zion.