• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Karl Malone Thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
grimm010 also likes Karl Malone. He's the only person I know that has him as his favorite Jazz player. (Most others rank Malone lower.)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the # 1 impact Sloan had on you?

Malone: #1, he played the game. He played the game. He was an All-Star, so he knew what it was like.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only saw the Championship Round but it seems like Malone has been used to finishing in second. He finished second three times in the NBA Finals and second as all-time scorer. He was probably the second most popular Jazz player. No, he is first as a power forward.

The shooting challenge, he made his only normal shot in the shooting challenge. Half-court, of course, is random and he didn't make it.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only saw the Championship Round but it seems like Malone has been used to finishing in second. He finished second three times in the NBA Finals and second as all-time scorer. He was probably the second most popular Jazz player. No, he is first as a power forward.

The shooting challenge, he made his only normal shot in the shooting challenge. Half-court, of course, is random and he didn't make it.

The halfcourt shot is my favorite part of Shooting Stars.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kanter Pumps in another one, 9 in the 3rd quarter for him.

Mail Man is courtside, and giving high fives to the Jazz.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mail Man entertaining as usual on a broadcast.

"What the hell is a 'stretch four'? You're just a forward who can shoot".

"I would double dog dare anyone to come off the bench and guard me, with my size".

"Trey Burke was the key to the 3rd quarter".

"When our bigs play well, we can play with anyone".

About the Hayward dunk to end the 3rd:

"I want him to play like that every night".

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Let me say something after this shot (they (Atlanta)'re going to miss it)".

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost a year since the last post in this thread, though a bump would be due.

Griffin does a Malone tribute in this game (video that is attached to this link at the time of posting). Interesting that he also took an elbow from someone in this game, something Malone has been known to give. This was in a different way, though.

P.J. Tucker of Phoenix Suns suspended 1 game for elbowing - ESPN

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I'm going to add some posts from another thread, so it no longer looks like it's been almost a year.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about getting away with fouls, I thought Malone got away with one in the Houston series when Stockton made his big shot.

I then read this in the comments, is this true?

"This is an inbounds play, therefore a player(back then) can keep two hands on a player and move with him(what Malone is doing) it's not setting a screen because clear possession isn't maintained. ONCE possession is maintained you can only make non moving picks for the ball handler. This was NOT an illegal screen...it was not even a screen. It was good offense free up by Malone."
* I did not think Malone got away with one. I thought that was a good play.

* I do not know if any situation differentiating an inbounds play vs. a regular play, but I think I've seen two hands in a situation like that often, so it's probably true.

I agree it was barely a screen.

Oh great, I was all ready to proceed in life with the rationalization that losing to Jordan in the second Finals was ok because Malone got away with one that put them in the first Finals. Now that Malone didn't get away with one, that leaves the Jordan push-off as an injustice - to go with the Eisley three that was taken away incorrectly and the Harper 2 that counted after the buzzer. They also didn't call a Pippen goal-tend in another game, the one Malone missed two free throws in. But since we didn't make the free throws, we deserved to lose.

I even tried to tell myself that the Jazz lost in seven, but then you told me how that wouldn't necessarily have happened. You are not helping my mental health by making me face reality that the Jazz may have lost something they could have won. Just tell me there was no way for them to win and I'll take the "good try" award home.

;)

RE: Whether two hands on a player is allowed.

Here's another example which shows it is allowed. Leonard was not called for a foul on this play:

rsz_59xb28.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE: Whether two hands on a player is allowed.

Here's another example which shows it is allowed. Leonard was not called for a foul on this play:

rsz_59xb28.jpg

The pic was removed from the server.

Here it is again:

mc6f7o.jpg

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here it is again:

mc6f7o.jpg

Tried helping you by finding the original image, but the pic was removed from their server. I thought you were saying it was removed from SportsHoopla's server.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried helping you by finding the original image, but the pic was removed from their server. I thought you were saying it was removed from SportsHoopla's server.

No. It was removed from the pic resizer site's server.

I had never used them before, I didn't know they had a time limit (of seemingly 15 mins).

So I then resized the original pic again, then took the resized pic and put it through TinyPic so it would stay on a long lasting image server.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a bad reading by me. You said, "here it is again" (implying that your repost was the same image). I thought you said, "here's another one." That's why I thought to try to go find your original. Had I read it correctly, I wouldn't have bothered.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a bad reading by me. You said, "here it is again" (implying that your repost was the same image). I thought you said, "here's another one." That's why I thought to try to go find your original. Had I read it correctly, I wouldn't have bothered.

It's fine, it happens.

Sometimes with message boards, when typing posts, clarity isn't made the highest priority, but rather just finishing the post.

So it can be my fault too.

And I'm glad you tried to find the original pic. I'd rather know someone who puts in effort to try and help someone (which in case would be you, helping me find the pic) than someone who doesn't.

Example: I once recalled seeing a YouTube I liked, on the ESPN boards, that was posted. But I couldn't find it in the old threads, when I tried randomly searching. So another poster spent some time going through a lot of old threads, trying to find what matched my description. We never found it, but I appreciate the effort, especially having two people look for it.

(I also couldn't find it on YouTube itself.)

Usually I can find what I want in old threads, but not that time.

So, as you once said, I'm relaying this back to you: Good job, assister!

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here it is again:

mc6f7o.jpg

Jeff Van Gundy just said that two hands in the back is an automatic foul!

:L

Now what?