• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Future of the Raiders

BigDGarciaFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Raiders signed to stay another year at Alameda County Coliseum(7 games since theyre playing another home game in Mexico City). after that, i dont think the Raiders should stay in Oakland after this season. theyre gonna have to play elsewhere. ok heres what i think should happen....

while the city of Oakland work of a stadium plan, i say move to Salt Lake City, or Provo, wait, how bout Vancouver BC? or better yet......London .........

for NOW.

if nothing good comes out in Oakland, then move the Raiders to Las Vegas for Good

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd stick with keeping them there until you make a permanent move. If you want to pick up one of the London games and a Mexico City game, go for it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody heard where they might set up shop until the stadium would actually be done if say they did get approved to move to Vegas? Most stadiums take 2-3 years to build so they would have to find a temporary home. If I remember right the biggest stadium in Vegas right now is the Sam Boyd Stadium where they play the Vegas Bowl every year that seats only 36,000.

BigDGarciaFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody heard where they might set up shop until the stadium would actually be done if say they did get approved to move to Vegas? Most stadiums take 2-3 years to build so they would have to find a temporary home. If I remember right the biggest stadium in Vegas right now is the Sam Boyd Stadium where they play the Vegas Bowl every year that seats only 36,000.
That's small. Would the nfl allow it. Cause every team is required to play at venues over 50000( permanent or temporary. ) Right?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I bet they could still extend out their current deals to stay. But if not, they can put in extra seating in Sam Boyd. They have that open end on the stadium... UNLV vs. BYU had a game where they were over 44k people by putting in some bleachers on that end. Maybe even work a deal to spend more and double that end and get it up to 50k.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet they could still extend out their current deals to stay. But if not, they can put in extra seating in Sam Boyd. They have that open end on the stadium... UNLV vs. BYU had a game where they were over 44k people by putting in some bleachers on that end. Maybe even work a deal to spend more and double that end and get it up to 50k.

That makes sense. I figured they would want something a little bigger than that as that is a lot of lost revenue for the team. If I remember right ticket sales and any thing made during the game is actual money that just goes in the pocket of the owner or for whatever added expenses they want and is not part of the 50/50 split that the owners and players have.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's small. Would the nfl allow it. Cause every team is required to play at venues over 50000( permanent or temporary. ) Right?

I think it would be ok as a temporary situation, and 50k MIGHT be possible..

Standard setup vs. one which seats 40k+.

web1_1004351561-FBC_LVBOWL_121915bl_012_2.jpg

large_image_1.jpg

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes sense. I figured they would want something a little bigger than that as that is a lot of lost revenue for the team. If I remember right ticket sales and any thing made during the game is actual money that just goes in the pocket of the owner or for whatever added expenses they want and is not part of the 50/50 split that the owners and players have.

Well the ticket sales get split... I think it's 60/40. 60% for the home team, 40% for the league pool. Now what the Raiders wouldn't have is any luxury suites in that stadium if they use it, which is exempted from the shared pool (Cowboys sell a luxury box for 1 million for a season, they get that entire million).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the ticket sales get split... I think it's 60/40. 60% for the home team, 40% for the league pool. Now what the Raiders wouldn't have is any luxury suites in that stadium if they use it, which is exempted from the shared pool (Cowboys sell a luxury box for 1 million for a season, they get that entire million).

Oh that is right. I knew there was something with tickets and forgot it was the luxury boxes. Honestly I do think possibly the biggest hurdle for the Raiders moving to Vegas might be the money side of things. They already have one of the most cash poor owners in the league and this kind of move is not cheap. They have to pay something like $550 million to move plus then lose out on the extra money from the luxury sweets for the next 2-3 years. A lot of teams use that cash to help out if they have a lot of big signing bonus type deals coming up just like the Raiders do over the next 2-3 years with Carr, Mack, and a few others.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that is right. I knew there was something with tickets and forgot it was the luxury boxes. Honestly I do think possibly the biggest hurdle for the Raiders moving to Vegas might be the money side of things. They already have one of the most cash poor owners in the league and this kind of move is not cheap. They have to pay something like $550 million to move plus then lose out on the extra money from the luxury sweets for the next 2-3 years. A lot of teams use that cash to help out if they have a lot of big signing bonus type deals coming up just like the Raiders do over the next 2-3 years with Carr, Mack, and a few others.

Agree fully. I don't think their revenue from Luxury Boxes is much of anything in Oakland... So that's one where the loss will be mitigated.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree fully. I don't think their revenue from Luxury Boxes is much of anything in Oakland... So that's one where the loss will be mitigated.

True but that $550 million moving fee will be a tough one to swallow. Right now if I remember right Mark Davis is the 29th out of 31 owners in net worth. Right now he is actually only worth beyond the Raiders I think $500 million. So he isn't even worth as much as what he would have to pay. So my guess is he will have to find some minority owners to go in with him to even pay that bill.

Also just a quick note the 2 owners that he is maybe ahead of he is only thought to be ahead of them because we do not have a solid idea of the net worth. The two would be Clark Hunt as his family has amassed worth over $5 billion but it is unclear how much of that is money Clark actually controls and then the Bills with Bill Bidwill but his net worth is estimated to be close to $1 billion.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea, but in the meantime, there's NOTHING on TV or at the movies.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is that where UNLV plays? I've seen that stadium before and it definitely looks like it can fit more than 36k.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that where UNLV plays? I've seen that stadium before and it definitely looks like it can fit more than 36k.

Yeah it is where UNLV plays. If you believe Wikipedia they say the capacity is 35,500 with the ability to expand to 40,000 if need be.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it is where UNLV plays. If you believe Wikipedia they say the capacity is 35,500 with the ability to expand to 40,000 if need be.

I think that's wrong. From the looks I've seen of the stadium it looks like it can fit 50-55k......And yes, I know that's small for college football.....just saying.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's wrong. From the looks I've seen of the stadium it looks like it can fit 50-55k......And yes, I know that's small for college football.....just saying.

Well I just went to the UNLV website and they say the capacity is 36,800 with the ability to seat 40,000 when called for.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I just went to the UNLV website and they say the capacity is 36,800 with the ability to seat 40,000 when called for.

Wow......that's fucking tiny.