• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Fins are in Charge of their Own Destiny

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins already have a tie breaker advantage against the Pats and play them again later in the year. The Fins are tied with the Pats with their division record 2-1, and conference record 5-2. Winning the division is not out of the realm of possibility. The Fins have the second best pass defense in the league and are a top 10 defense at stopping the run. They are also top 10 at running the ball. If the Fins offense scores TD's rather than kicking lots of FG's in upcoming games, they have a chance against any team.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone is marking that Dec. 11 against the Pats. That could be for the division.

Big win for you guys last night. :suds:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone is marking that Dec. 11 against the Pats. That could be for the division.

Big win for you guys last night. :suds:

Thanks HammerDown.

The Pats are playing real well right now. It will be a tough matchup for both the Pats & the Fins in the next game. I think the Pats will have a challenge on Sunday trying to stop the Colts' offense.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep still lots of ball left but I'd give the Fins a slight chance for the division but it won't be easy in NE...although they've given them trouble there in the past. Should have actually won the game last year there if it weren't for Shermans stupidity and the brutal call on the brady fumble.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, the rest of the results from Sunday will clear up the picture even more - But even with the win last night - the Fins would be out of the playoffs if the season ended today. Therefore, they dont really control their own destiny. We will still need favorable results in other games to help us out. Now, if we can somehow beat the Broncos - one of the higher seeds at the moment - then we can say we control our destiny with 5 games to go.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, the rest of the results from Sunday will clear up the picture even more - But even with the win last night - the Fins would be out of the playoffs if the season ended today. Therefore, they dont really control their own destiny. We will still need favorable results in other games to help us out. Now, if we can somehow beat the Broncos - one of the higher seeds at the moment - then we can say we control our destiny with 5 games to go.

The season isn't ending today. If the Fins go 12 and 4 they'll be in the playoffs. The Fins are capable of winning 10 plus games. They just need to play well.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing well is just one factor. Staying healthy the rest of the way will also be important. We have been hit hard with injuries recently.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season isn't ending today. If the Fins go 12 and 4 they'll be in the playoffs. The Fins are capable of winning 10 plus games. They just need to play well.

I agree completely Fan....Tannehill said it best last night: Miami is TWO plays away from being 8-2. TWO DAMN PLAYS.....so, this team is clearly a lot better than most people realize. I also think Denver is gonna have their hands full next wknd. I'm not suggesting Miami is going to win the game, but I can certainly see it being a lot closer than most would think. Just imagine if Miami finds a way to win......it will be complete chaos in S. Florida.