• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The feeling is different now

HuskerResurrected

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I get some sense that the feeling of this team and program is completely different then it was 4-5 years ago...And no I am not going to bash He Who Must Not Be Named, because at the time of his presence I was still hopeful and excited about Nebraska football...

But I remember when HWMNBN was running this program I was still very excited about the football season and always felt like we had a chance to do amazing things, although the season usually came and I was left dissapointed and angry I was still hopeful that we would pull things out and maybe win the North and upset the Big12 title game and get into a BCS Bowl and grab nice momentum going into the following year..None of those things happened but even when HWMNBN was around I always felt like Nebraska was national title bound.....

But now...Going into the third season with Bo as our head coach and this pre-season feels very different, even more different then last years or Bo's first season...We are ranked in the top 10..Something that hasn't been done in 8 years, so it is very nice to have a tangible realization that Nebraska could be a legit national title this year, but beyong that. Beyond that pre-season # next to our name, my gut feeling is different then it has been in a LONG time..Like every other year I feel like this team can do special things and will have a successful season, but I don't know, something feels different and it feels good.

The players just seem like they have worked their asses off this off-season and they seem to have grown together as a team and really want it. Who knows, maybe that screw job in the big12 title game was hte best thing to happen to this unit. Keeps us hungry.

This season can't come soon enough, but while we count down the days until kickoff I am going to sit back and enjoy this new different feeling I have about this football team and this upcoming season. Don't know, maybe the feeling can be described as..."magic"?

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed...
There is a sense of pride and urgency with this team that I don't remember seeing since early 00's....

My avatar is fucking awesome....... The team hasn't had a motto for a long time- the bullshit restore the order crap was all marketing- but the :01... seems like it is coming from the players.....

The defensive players take responsibility for that loss and that is a good thing- even though the offense is the one that sucked- it was the defense that let Texas drive down the field-.... With that hanging on them- I know they busted their asses this summer- and I'm sure we will see the results on the field....

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Adi not kicked that ball out of bounds..................

Nah nevermind, I'm not even gonna get started ;)

I do agree with you that there is a way different feel this year. I think everyone is going to be very pleasantly surprised with the offense this year.......that's all I'm gonna say........this offense is going to be good, you just watch

HuskerResurrected

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I also feel like the culture is back in Lincoln...Like myself as a fan, I feel like I am very much connected to the team and the team is embarcing the fans...It's as if the players realize the fans went through the exact same heartache they went through last year...Don't know, just like a nice big community again.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HR is spot on in this thread w/ how i feel. the culture has changed and it's nice to feel that connection. rep.

HuskerResurrected

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The air feels different with this Fall season approaching...Man, it's been a LONG time since we were pre-season ranked in the top 10..I know many feel pre-season rankings don't really mean anything and you really don't get a feel for a team until conference play begins, but to know that this team can make something happen this year and given the ranking we will start out with...Just perfect position to really captivate our last year in the Big12...

This pre-season ranking...Schedule...Hype...HAsn't been here since 2001..