• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Fast Food Exit

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a heavy couple of days - so here's a puff thread. Fast Food! Move over pizza thread, there's a new dish in town... and it's loaded with sodium!

What's the best fast food sandwich?
What menu item do you wish they would bring back? (Don't everyone say McDonald's chicken fajitas at once!)
What crazy new item has someone come up with? (Chicken for a bun? Chicken fries? Cmon guys, stop just replacing things with chicken)

Get off at this exit, fun is only a 1/4 mile away!

3XX2TMNQAFHJLMKTVSBNAM4BPE.jpg

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, there is nothing better than Wendy’s Spicy Chicken sandwich.

The downside is the Wendy’s nearest to me has approximately a 15% chance of getting your order correct.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wife and I just completed a 3-week road trip across the country so we stopped at a couple fast food restaurants I've never had before:
  • Sonic - I can't tell you how long I've been watching their commercials and don't live close to a single one. It was pretty average. Not terrible, just nothing great either. I don't generally like the sit in your car thing either.
  • Freddy's Steakburgers - Oh baby, I had never even heard of this place until we stopped here somewhere in flyover country. The burgers were so good, you could get cheese curds instead of fries. It was money. The burger taste was both old school and unique at the same time. Big fan.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McPizza is the one thing I'd love to have back.

I read about this but they never had it anywhere near me. Seems so weird. Was it a Canadian thing?

I'd love to see them bring back the McDLT just for the pointlessness of it.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I read about this but they never had it anywhere near me. Seems so weird. Was it a Canadian thing?

McPizza was so trashy good. lots of corn meal on the crust, for some reason. probably so it didn't stick to all of the grease in the oven.
that and a side of fries - just made your day.

I liked the McDLT. when cold cheese meets hot meat, that's where the magic happens. (Hold the onions)

for fast food burgers, it's A&W Teen burger for me (Hold the onions)
1620326459195.png

in the Western US, I'm a sucker for the purity of an In 'n' Out burger.
Would rather have two singles than a double though. (Hold the onions)
fries are shit, but the milkshakes are good.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, it was local here too for a while.

If I eat at one of the big fast food chains it;s probably McDonald's. Not because I think its good or anything, but because its quick and they almost never get my order wrong.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Finally had the Popeye's chicken up here. It's good, but not worth the wait, or the drive to Richmond.
Church's is on the same level, imho. Both are better than KFC.
and it's not as good as in the US (had one in Vegas, and somewhere along the way to the Grand Canyon)
biscuits are pure butter down there - not quite the same up here.

never had a chick-fil-a

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for fast food burgers, it's A&W Teen burger for me (Hold the onions)
Am I the only one uncomfortable with the name of this item?

"I do love me the Almost Legal Burger!"
Jeff Ross

• Haha
Reactions: gob

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wendys in my area awful. Dirty, order is never right., usually no one older than 16 working there.
BK- I dont really like it.
KFC - in my area awful. As in if I have to get something from them I do not go inside awful. Or raw chicken tender awful.
Taco Bell can't do it.

I am not claiming I do not eat junk food, sadly I do too often. It is just from smaller regional or local places.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss the old Burger King burger.

It was al least twice the size of the pitiful burger they sell today.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wendys in my area awful. Dirty, order is never right., usually no one older than 16 working there.
BK- I dont really like it.
KFC - in my area awful. As in if I have to get something from them I do not go inside awful. Or raw chicken tender awful.
Taco Bell can't do it.

I am not claiming I do not eat junk food, sadly I do too often. It is just from smaller regional or local places.

Fast food wise... Five Guys is probably the best thing to come out of the DC area. I used to have one right across from my apartment in DC and I had a once every fiscal quarter rule, because I could eat there every week otherwise.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss the old Burger King burger.

It was al least twice the size of the pitiful burger they sell today.

Flopping off the bun like some meat curtains. First time that phrase has ever been used in a TOTALLY SAFE FOR WORK way. ;)

Now I'm regretting not working that into the title somehow. I love a good subtitle.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fast food wise... Five Guys is probably the best thing to come out of the DC area. I used to have one right across from my apartment in DC and I had a once every fiscal quarter rule, because I could eat there every week otherwise.
Yeah, they are good but I am done for the day when I have one.

I used to got to Chick Fil-a now and then but try to not to now to support my gay and lesbian friends.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flopping off the bun like some meat curtains. First time that phrase has ever been used in a TOTALLY SAFE FOR WORK way. ;)

Now I'm regretting not working that into the title somehow. I love a good subtitle.

Eloco,
Please do not use the terms meat curtains or statutory beef in any thread titles. Thanks - The Mgmt

;)

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is one Long John Silvers left near me. It’s a good thing it’s about 15 miles away though. If not I’d be there a few times a week and weigh about 300 pounds.

There is just something about that Fish/Chicken and Hush Puppies all cooked in the same grease that makes it so good.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally had the Popeye's chicken up here. It's good, but not worth the wait, or the drive to Richmond.
Church's is on the same level, imho. Both are better than KFC.
and it's not as good as in the US (had one in Vegas, and somewhere along the way to the Grand Canyon)
biscuits are pure butter down there - not quite the same up here.

never had a chick-fil-a
Yeah I tried it a few months back at the PoCo location and it was good. Worked late on Tuesday and went back for another (and stopped at A&W on the way home for some onion rings) and, I dunno. The chicken was kinda chewy, almost like I was eating a part of the wing or something. I try to avoid fast food fried chicken from the chains and stick to the sandwiches and eating that kinda reminded me of that.

/There's a place in Maple Ridge called Brownie's that has fantastic fried chicken.

Taco Bell can't do it.
I can't stand it but I definitely stop once a year or so for a Fries Supreme.