• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Duke 2016 Basketball Class

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year's team has a chance to be really damn good

If they get Bolden this could be the very best class ever at Duke Even better than Okafor, Jones, Winslow, and Allen. Frank Jackson looks really strong as a potential starter next season.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they get Bolden this could be the very best class ever at Duke Even better than Okafor, Jones, Winslow, and Allen. Frank Jackson looks really strong as a potential starter next season.
I don't know about all that. If we are talking strictly college careers, topping Okafor, Jones, Winslow and Allen would be damn near impossible. Strictly college, the 97 class of Brand, Battier, Burgess and Avery was stellar as well. Not mention 99 with Williams, Boozer, Dunleavy and Sanders. The 02 class consisted of major Duke record holders as well with Redick and Williams along with Randolph, Dockery, Thompson and Melchionni, however this class didn't cut down the nets.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about all that. If we are talking strictly college careers, topping Okafor, Jones, Winslow and Allen would be damn near impossible. Strictly college, the 97 class of Brand, Battier, Burgess and Avery was stellar as well. Not mention 99 with Williams, Boozer, Dunleavy and Sanders. The 02 class consisted of major Duke record holders as well with Redick and Williams along with Randolph, Dockery, Thompson and Melchionni, however this class didn't cut down the nets.

The composite rank by 247sports was 69.82% on the 2014 Class. On this 2016 Class it's at 70.32%. That's with an unknown quantity in Aussie Jack White listed as a 3-Star. If Duke gets Bolden that will go even higher. We will have to wait and see about cutting down nets.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense, but I don't give to much credence to prospect rankings that you mentioned because they are projections and highly unreliable in real life much like baseball prospects. Show me on the court performance and then my eyes will tell me who can ball.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense, but I don't give to much credence to prospect rankings that you mentioned because they are projections and highly unreliable in real life much like baseball prospects. Show me on the court performance and then my eyes will tell me who can ball.

No offense taken. And hey, I hear where you're coming from. Incoming classes get ranked differently all the time than what they actually can attain. Duke has NEVER had the #1 and #2 ranked kids, and then add another Top 10? All I'm saying is that if they get Bolden, this could be an even more special team than anticipated. I have no idea what to expect out of White, or even DeLaurier since all I've seen is a mixtape. But until they get to bang with the big boys we just won't know. That 2014 Class was special. This one could could be also and bring great results. Especially if Allen stays also.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense taken. And hey, I hear where you're coming from. Incoming classes get ranked differently all the time than what they actually can attain. Duke has NEVER had the #1 and #2 ranked kids, and then add another Top 10? All I'm saying is that if they get Bolden, this could be an even more special team than anticipated. I have no idea what to expect out of White, or even DeLaurier since all I've seen is a mixtape. But until they get to bang with the big boys we just won't know. That 2014 Class was special. This one could could be also and bring great results. Especially if Allen stays also.
Allen is the key to next year, IMO. If he stays, they will be hands down #1 and overwhelming favorite to win the title. If he goes, they will still be very good, but not dominate. Need upperclassmen to steady the ship in rough waters where young teams falter.

lankdogg84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Coach K likes to ride with a short bench. Who gets burned next season. With all the talent K has, I really hope he adapts and utilizes all that talent.

Starters: Bench:
A. Jefferson M. Jones
H. Giles L. Kennard
J. Tatum D. Thornton
G. Allen J. DeLaurier
F. Jackson J. White
J. Robinson
A. Vrankovic
M. Bolden ???
S. Obi

lankdogg84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. How could I forget about Chase Jeter. He would come off the bench too

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Coach K likes to ride with a short bench. Who gets burned next season. With all the talent K has, I really hope he adapts and utilizes all that talent.

Starters: Bench:
A. Jefferson M. Jones
H. Giles L. Kennard
J. Tatum D. Thornton
G. Allen J. DeLaurier
F. Jackson J. White
J. Robinson
A. Vrankovic
M. Bolden ???
S. Obi

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth and Length for next year. Duke gonna be a monster next year on the glass and able to out run teams most nights.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen is the key to next year, IMO. If he stays, they will be hands down #1 and overwhelming favorite to win the title. If he goes, they will still be very good, but not dominate. Need upperclassmen to steady the ship in rough waters where young teams falter.

Been saying that for 2 years now. When Allen is "on" so is Duke, when Allen is "off" so is Duke. Glad he is coming back