• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Diehard Breakdown: WVU 78 Old Dominion 60

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WV Mountaineers continue to roll along roughing up ODU this evening in what I would describe as a solid outing. Shooting was again superb as the team shoots 56% from the field and connects on 8-19 3 pointers. Not the perfect game but certainly another strong performance by a team that clearly is showing signs of improvement. What impresses me about this team is the balance in scoring and that is telling of so many things: 1) chemistry 2) unselfishness 3) desire to win 4) good shooters. It is mind boggling to some degree to watch this team continue to shoot the ball well. Every game they seem to look for the open shot when in the half court set instead of chucking up a forced shot with people hanging on them. After 6 games, I have been impressed by the players and the coaches because this is a team that comes to play.

WV loses the battle of the glass this evening, 35-28 but you are going to have nights like this when you shoot over 50% from the field. We turned the ball over a little more than usual checking in with 14 but did have 12 assists. 4 players lead the Mountaineers on this evening with Harris at 19, Henderson with 14, Staten with 13, and Devin "Big Train" Williams getting another double double with 12 points and 10 boards.

So in conclusion, we excelled well tonight in front of a crowd totaling 934 people. I don't think that classifies as a true road game and will be nothing compared to going to OKLA ST. later in the year. Nonetheless, this game was another baby step in a journey that will make us all smile in March. Have a great day Mountaineer fans wherever your country road has taken you!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you said DIEHARD, this was a solid win.

I was happy to see a few things in this game. WVU started out shooting poorly. I think they were 2-11 at one point. But, they recovered nicely. I am not sure I have seen that much in past teams. WVU's response to the run ODU made in the first half was another positive. At the end of the half, they had rebuilt some of the cushion. And, they never let ODU make a run in the 2nd half. They just kept separating themselves.

One thing is obvious, they have bought in to Huggy's motion offense. They are working it hard, and the shots have been falling.

Looking forward to watching the Wisky game tonight. A top 10 team…