• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Diehard Breakdown: WV 64 Monmouth 54

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Led by Juwan Staton with 20 points in 34 minutes of floor time, WV holds on to beat Monmouth. Trailing 37-23 with 16:39 to go in the second half, things certainly were as dismal as they can get. I mean really, 18-69 shooting against this team???? But hey, lets take the positives here from this game. 1) it shows the Freshman that you can't take plays off and anyone can beat you 2) Good to see Wanny go 11-12 from the charity stripe and 3) nice to see Williams pound the glass with 15 rebounds. Other than those positives, I see nothing here to get excited about. Hopefully they learned a little something because I can assure you Lafayette will beat them by 20pts if they play like this on Sunday.

This weekend is a little somber with the death of WVU student Nolan Burch. Lets all keep his family in our prayers as one can only imagine the loss they must feel this morning. Have a great weekend Mountaineer fans wherever you are!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I never expected such a poor shooting performance, I am not surprised the offense is a little out of sorts. Lots of new kids thrown into play this year. It will take time for them to develop chemistry… for Huggy to get the rotations figured out.

30 team offensive rebounds. Of course… that's a result of shooting less than 17%. Boys got some work to do…