• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Clippers recently considered trading Blake Griffin for Carmelo

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carmelo Anthony for Blake Griffin proposal mulled - ESPN

With the looming possibility of Carmelo Anthony departing New York as a free agent this summer, New York Knicks officials have discussed proposing a trade to the Los Angeles Clippers for Blake Griffin, according to league sources.

Sources say Clippers management has also had internal discussions about such a deal but that the clubs have not yet spoken to one another about a potential trade.

As of now, neither team is certain that it would make an Anthony-for-Griffin trade, the sources said.

The Clippers appear to be the more apprehensive of the two teams because Griffin is having a terrific season, especially of late. The 24-year-old power forward has averaged 26 points and nearly 11 rebounds in his last 10 games.

One source close to the situation said the Clippers' latest internal discussion ended in favor of keeping Griffin.
New York's top priority, meanwhile, appears to be re-signing Anthony to a long-term deal this offseason. But with the Knicks struggling badly and Anthony refusing to give assurances that he will return, the Knicks understand they must at least consider other options.

The Clippers are on the Knicks' radar because it is an open secret throughout the league that Anthony and Clippers star point guard Chris Paul have wanted to play together since 2010. That sentiment among the two players has not changed, according to sources.

Paul, who signed a five-year, $107 million deal with the Clippers this offseason, separated his shoulder Friday night against the Dallas Mavericks and is expected to miss three to five weeks.

If the Knicks decide to explore a trade for Anthony, he will have plenty of say as to where he goes because of his impending free agency. No club will offer anything of value for him without knowing he will re-sign with it this summer.

Last edited by a moderator:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the pariing of the 2 but I dont think its a good move for the Clips until they can get an above avg PF.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and why would the Clippers want to trade Blake now when he's playing the best ball of his career?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be the dumbest move ever for the Clippers - Griffin is a beast in rebounding, points per game and assists. Ball movement is good and he is gaining a great action with Chris Paul - with Carmelo the ball movement would stop flat out -

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with CP3 running the point. Melo has said he wanted to play with CP3 and the feeling seems to be mutual.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons thinks PHX would be a good place for Melo.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and why would the Clippers want to trade Blake now when he's playing the best ball of his career?

Because its the Clippers, duh!

There ya have it. The Clippers have made too many smart moves in recent years. They're due to pull a classic "Clipper move" any time now.

This one sounds just dumb enough for them to pull off.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Doc totally shut down those rumors tonight

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons thinks PHX would be a good place for Melo.

I don't think he means fit basketball-wise, I think he means trade partner that makes the most sense for what both teams need. PHX is loaded with cheap young assets and draft picks, something NYK desperately needs. Melo would have to want to play in Phoenix though. If I'm Phoenix, I wouldn't even answer their calls unless I knew 100% Melo would sign an extension.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Doc totally shut down those rumors tonight

If the the Clippers wants to keep Doc Rivers as their head coach, my guess is retarded trades like Carmello for Griffin had better not happen