• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Clippard part of the deal doesn't make any sense

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the trade, overall. However, a 32 year old bullpen arm, to a team rebuilding and undergoing a huge youth movement?

If you're going to ask for a throw-in to complete the deal. Why not a low-level prospect? Clippard is useless to this team's future. I understand that there's still innings to eat up, but surely we can give those opportunities to someone we'd like to develop? No?

Are we going to try and move him in a deal with Melky Cabrera or something? lol. Maybe I'm missing something.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salary relief for the Yankees, I believe.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the trade, overall. However, a 32 year old bullpen arm, to a team rebuilding and undergoing a huge youth movement?

If you're going to ask for a throw-in to complete the deal. Why not a low-level prospect? Clippard is useless to this team's future. I understand that there's still innings to eat up, but surely we can give those opportunities to someone we'd like to develop? No?

Are we going to try and move him in a deal with Melky Cabrera or something? lol. Maybe I'm missing something.

Not a big deal, probably a throw in the Yankees required....Rutherford is one of the best OF prospects in baseball..They did very well here

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes there new closer:suds:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big deal, probably a throw in the Yankees required....Rutherford is one of the best OF prospects in baseball..They did very well here

Yeah, I'm reading good things about him.

You guys have one helluva a bullpen now. It had been just about our only bright spot, and now you have those guys on top of Chapman. Kahnle is a 100 MPH guy, and Robertson is one helluva closer (not that you didn't know him from his last NYY stint)... much less an 8th inning guy to set-up Chapman.

You know what Frazier is. He'll frustrate the hell out of you for periods of time, but then he'll have a weekend where he hits 3 home runs and you like him again. He's not spectacular, but he'll win you some games with the long ball. A clear upgrade from Headley.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes there new closer:suds:

Yeah, he is. Whatever... I don't care about winning/losing at this point. Moncada is coming up, and hopefully more of the younger guys to follow. If we lose 100 games and Moncada kills it, I'm a happy camper.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm reading good things about him.

You guys have one helluva a bullpen now. It had been just about our only bright spot, and now you have those guys on top of Chapman. Kahnle is a 100 MPH guy, and Robertson is one helluva closer (not that you didn't know him from his last NYY stint)... much less an 8th inning guy to set-up Chapman.

You know what Frazier is. He'll frustrate the hell out of you for periods of time, but then he'll have a weekend where he hits 3 home runs and you like him again. He's not spectacular, but he'll win you some games with the long ball. A clear upgrade from Headley.

Yeah, Frazier is the part of the deal that least excites me, and of course in this town, all they keep saying is "Yankees trade for Todd Frazier"

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Frazier is the part of the deal that least excites me, and of course in this town, all they keep saying is "Yankees trade for Todd Frazier"

On ESPN they were showing the front page of the papers in Chicago and NY. In New York it was all about Frazier. I think it was the Post's front page that plastered "OH MY TODD!" over a photo of Frazier.

Dude went from being a veteran 3rd baseman lost in a rebuild, hitting .207. To being a Yankee superstar in the blink of an eye.

I hope he does well though. He's a complete class act, and a really energetic/likeable dude.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On ESPN they were showing the front page of the papers in Chicago and NY. In New York it was all about Frazier. I think it was the Post's front page that plastered "OH MY TODD!" over a photo of Frazier.

Dude went from being a veteran 3rd baseman lost in a rebuild, hitting .207. To being a Yankee superstar in the blink of an eye.

I hope he does well though. He's a complete class act, and a really energetic/likeable dude.

Local kid, hope he's motivated to hit some bombs

I did see he has been significantly better since June 1st, he just doesnt get me too pumped

But being 9-21 in one run games, Robertson and Kahle (sp) is really what they needed

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just to offset salary, or at least partially off set it.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks. Clippard was one of my favorite Yankees.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks. Clippard was one of my favorite Yankees.
dont worry be happy:suds:

White Sox manager Rick Renteria said that Tyler Clippard will get the first crack at save chances.

With both David Robertson and Tommy Kahnle heading over to the Yankees in Tuesday's big trade, the back end of the White Sox bullpen is suddenly quite thin. Clippard -- acquired by Chicago in the aforementioned trade -- has experience closing in the past, but has struggled mightily over the last two months and held a 4.95 ERA, 1.29 WHIP and 42/19 K/BB ratio across 36 1/3 innings with the Yankees. He holds limited fantasy value simply due to the opportunities he will receive, here, but interested parties should be well aware that it has been a slog for Clippard this season.