• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Charlotte Hornets

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, a 8-12 record won't blow anyone out of the water, and they probably won't make the playoffs.

However, everyone and their mother have bashed them, namely owner Michael Jordan, here in 2019 for not trading Kemba Walker at February's deadline.

If one were capable of taking a longer view of the situation and a not-so-lazy one, they'd know that the Hornets absolutely made the right move in letting Kemba walk and not taking back any needless salary.

I know many look for excuses to criticize Jordan for the simple reason that his presence prevents their guy from the overused title of "GOAT", but by letting Kemba walk it allowed for them to focus on developing young talent while waiting for some of these bad contracts to come off the books within the next two years, namely Kidd-Gilchrist, Biyombo, and Batum.

And they have shown their upside this year. Graham, Rozier, Bridges, and Washington have all played well, and even Malik Monk has found his role as a sixth man (even if he still needs to work on his consistency from three)...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know you can take on a bad contract AND still play young players, right? The two aren't mutually exclusive. You were wrong on the Kemba thing months back and you're still wrong now. This is a sad attempt to justify your flawed reasoning

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on beating the Pistons tonight Hornets fans.

Not even joking, I have never seen a Hornets fan, on or offline. Are they just quiet? I mean no disrespect but I honestly forget they are in the league sometimes. They aren't spectacularly hilariously bad like the Knicks, they are just boringly bad. But now they seem to at least be tearing it down to the studs.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even joking, I have never seen a Hornets fan, on or offline. Are they just quiet? I mean no disrespect but I honestly forget they are in the league sometimes. They aren't spectacularly hilariously bad like the Knicks, they are just boringly bad. But now they seem to at least be tearing it down to the studs.
The lil lady was kinda annoyed we didn't go tonight tbh. She brought it up a couple weeks and I kinda blew it off. But she was serious.

Not because she's a Hornets fan, she just wanted to perv on Miles Bridges.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, a 8-12 record won't blow anyone out of the water, and they probably won't make the playoffs.

However, everyone and their mother have bashed them, namely owner Michael Jordan, here in 2019 for not trading Kemba Walker at February's deadline.

If one were capable of taking a longer view of the situation and a not-so-lazy one, they'd know that the Hornets absolutely made the right move in letting Kemba walk and not taking back any needless salary.

I know many look for excuses to criticize Jordan for the simple reason that his presence prevents their guy from the overused title of "GOAT", but by letting Kemba walk it allowed for them to focus on developing young talent while waiting for some of these bad contracts to come off the books within the next two years, namely Kidd-Gilchrist, Biyombo, and Batum.

And they have shown their upside this year. Graham, Rozier, Bridges, and Washington have all played well, and even Malik Monk has found his role as a sixth man (even if he still needs to work on his consistency from three)...

Also, Jordan’s main flaw in building his teams is that he always trends too close to 40 wins.

Never bottoms out, never drafts the next star, always assembles a roster of competent players that will be near the playoff bubble.

Granted, I thought this year they would be terrible. They still might end up being terrible, but they have played better than expected so far. Might not be a good thing given Jordan’s tendencies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hornets are better than I thought but they should have traded Kemba.

If you have no intentions of keeping a top name player who is hitting free agency then you should attempt to trade him in the final year. The only exception to this is if you're a title contender

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it all has to do with Jordan's ability to identify the potential a player has...

The trio of Graham, Bridges and Washington looks to be the most promising young core than any other team in the league...

Two of them are in their sophomore season, Washington is a rookie... I guess not paying Kemba in order to retain him was a wise thing for Jordan to do, retaining Kemba could block Graham's progress, but would block the team's financials in order to progress further too in the near future...

The Hornets are now only looking for a reliable (young) "big" to add and their future is looking to be as bright as any team can have!

They may miss the 8th seed this season, but if they do, it will only be because cores that are this young, usually have their "ups and downs" due to luck of experience... The Hornets are highly reminding of the Bucks back in 14-15 season before their young core exploded!

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it all has to do with Jordan's ability to identify the potential a player has...

The trio of Graham, Bridges and Washington looks to be the most promising young core than any other team in the league...

Two of them are in their sophomore season, Washington is a rookie... I guess not paying Kemba in order to retain him was a wise thing for Jordan to do, retaining Kemba could block Graham's progress, but would block the team's financials in order to progress further too in the near future...

The Hornets are now only looking for a reliable (young) "big" to add and their future is looking to be as bright as any team can have!

They may miss the 8th seed this season, but if they do, it will only be because cores that are this young, usually have their "ups and downs" due to luck of experience... The Hornets are highly reminding of the Bucks back in 14-15 season before their young core exploded!

The most promising trio in the league?

For real?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most promising trio in the league?

For real?

You thinking otherwise confirms it!

You obviously haven't watched them playing this season... yet you argue which proves you to be an idiot (or a complete ignorant on basketball)... All three are going to be All-Stars within three seasons from now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You thinking otherwise confirms it!

You obviously haven't watched them playing this season... yet you argue which proves you to be an idiot (or a complete ignorant on basketball)... All three are going to be All-Stars within three seasons from now.

You know who is better:

Luka + any random 2
Trae + Collins + Hunter + Huerter + Reddish
Fox + Bagley+ Anybody
Zion + Ingram + Hart + Ball
JJJ, Ja, + anybody

The Hornets trio has been solid. But none project as future stars.

Sorry, but you are way off base here.

Again.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who is better:

Luka + any random 2
Trae + Collins + Hunter + Huerter + Reddish
Fox + Bagley+ Anybody
Zion + Ingram + Hart + Ball
JJJ, Ja, + anybody

The Hornets trio has been solid. But none project as future stars.

Sorry, but you are way off base here.

Again.

Any of the combos you suggest are too weak against the Hornets trio potential... it just proves you an ignorant on the game... It highly reminds me the idiots that were arguing against Giannis' potential 5 seasons ago...

The Hornets are a "playoff lock" for the next season and will be among the championship contenders the season after...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of the combos you suggest are too weak against the Hornets trio potential... it just proves you an ignorant on the game... It highly reminds me the idiots that were arguing against Giannis' potential 5 seasons ago...

The Hornets are a "playoff lock" for the next season and will be among the championship contenders the season after...

OMG.

What do you want to bet on that?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG.

What do you want to bet on that?
sure... why not?

I have watched the Hornets playing this season and therefore know what I'm talking about... Actually in a few hours my Bucks won't have an easy time beating them... but will do at the end!

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure... why not?

I have watched the Hornets playing this season and therefore know what I'm talking about... Actually in a few hours my Bucks won't have an easy time beating them... but will do at the end!

Why not? Because you've ducked on every other bullshit argument you couldn't back?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure... why not?

I don’t know what your definition of “contender” is, but 40 wins ain’t it.

I don’t even think some teams that get to the 2nd round are really contenders.

But if you truly think that the Hornets will be one of the top teams in the league next year (50+ wins, at least 7 playoff wins)

Then You can name the terms. Will bet whatever you want.

Easy money.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know what your definition of “contender” is, but 40 wins ain’t it.

I don’t even think some teams that get to the 2nd round are really contenders.

But if you truly think that the Hornets will be one of the top teams in the league next year (50+ wins, at least 7 playoff wins)

Then You can name the terms. Will bet whatever you want.

Easy money.

Please stop behaving like a moron (unless of course if you are one...)

I said: "The Hornets are a "playoff lock" for the next season and will be among the championship contenders the season after..." and you (deliberately) twisted everything (again)...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please stop behaving like a moron (unless of course if you are one...)

I said: "The Hornets are a "playoff lock" for the next season and will be among the championship contenders the season after..." and you (deliberately) twisted everything (again)...

Holy shit you're dumb

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are all overestimating the hornets. Their 8 wins 3 are against the train wreck Pistons, 1 against abysmal Chicago, one against the Knicks, 1 against the walking dead Warriors, an OT victory over Indiana (who even the Pistons beat twice), and the Kings. It's not like they've been winning above their pay grade.