• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Cardinals future

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd round? Wasn't Ellington a 6th or 7th round pick?

He was our sixth round pick. I actually feel unless you can get a future pro-bowler in the first round, I would wait till the third round to get a quarterback. At worst, you have a guy who is a back/bridge gap until you can figure further options.

Eli Chadwick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
take a look at where our team is now. the O-line got beefed up like hardcore. our defense is always rockin even when ken was our couch. we have Larry, and the browns, now we have a hammer of a running back to complement Ellington.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
take a look at where our team is now. the O-line got beefed up like hardcore. our defense is always rockin even when ken was our couch. we have Larry, and the browns, now we have a hammer of a running back to complement Ellington.

You sir get a medal just for bring up an old thread! Welcome to the boards. Our posters used to be pretty heavy but now it is kind of sporadic. Football season is always pretty hot though! Agreed! This team has come a long ways in the last few years. Let's call it the UoP era. As a long time cardinals fan, we are probably fielding the best team we have had since moving to phoenix. I love that current state of our football team and have high hopes of future success. The cardinals have turned around a history of disparity into optimism! Geaux red birds!!!

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sir get a medal just for bring up an old thread! Welcome to the boards. Our posters used to be pretty heavy but now it is kind of sporadic. Football season is always pretty hot though! Agreed! This team has come a long ways in the last few years. Let's call it the UoP era. As a long time cardinals fan, we are probably fielding the best team we have had since moving to phoenix. I love that current state of our football team and have high hopes of future success. The cardinals have turned around a history of disparity into optimism! Geaux red birds!!!

Yep, having a state of the art domed stadium was the catalyst for sustained competitive play. It all started there. While we are not an elite franchise, we are no longer thought of as a bottom third franchise.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The days when they were consistently terrible seem in the distant past. Love Cardinal football and they've done a great job in making themselves a legit team fans can be proud of. I'm still depressed the injury bug devastated them last year because (if even moderately healthy) they could have won it all.

Fingers crossed this year is different. They need to platoon Ellington...he's more valuable as a change of pace guy and his health will be preserved better this way. Not much you can do with Palmer than just hope his old legs hold up...the injury last year wasn't due to any contact or lapses on the line...just happened.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The days when they were consistently terrible seem in the distant past. Love Cardinal football and they've done a great job in making themselves a legit team fans can be proud of. I'm still depressed the injury bug devastated them last year because (if even moderately healthy) they could have won it all.

Fingers crossed this year is different. They need to platoon Ellington...he's more valuable as a change of pace guy and his health will be preserved better this way. Not much you can do with Palmer than just hope his old legs hold up...the injury last year wasn't due to any contact or lapses on the line...just happened.

I think we will see a lot of David Johnson. He is basically a bigger version of Ellington who can do pretty much everything he can. I see a 50/35/15 split this season between AE/DJ/everyone else. The interior o-line has drastically improved since last season. That was problem main problem outside of AE starting the season with a foot injury that never got better.

From the videos I've seen of Palmer in OTAs, he looks as mobile as ever... Actually, he looked more mobile than he has ever been in a Cardinals uniform. Looks in great shape too.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to SportsHoopla!