• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Boys

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t really get that, personally. I saw that arc as the religious leader dude just being a corrupt corporate shill supe, just like all the other corrupt corporate shill supes.

The way I see it is that creative people tend to be in touch with their feels. People in touch with their feels tend to be liberal. Therefore, the vast bulk of the good stories from Hollywood will come with the left slant. Sometimes I can live with it, sometimes I can’t. This show is one where I think the story telling is good enough to ignore.

YRMV

I heard season 2 was better than s1. I get that the realism of super powered people would probably look like this. But it’s also a bit messy storytelling wise.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT???

If you go in thinking Trump is a Nazi, maybe you will see that. But if you aren’t brainwashed with asinine ideas, you won’t see that.
not what I said.

but they harp on fake news and all that a lot and attack the media.

Reactions: gob

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen both seasons now. Adequate.

I guess I never thought about it as a wee bairn, but the costumes these folks sport are the height of silliness.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen both seasons now. Adequate.

I guess I never thought about it as a wee bairn, but the costumes these folks sport are the height of silliness.
I was thinking about that a little last night.

I have been watching the 3rd season of Daredevil and there is a lot going on about his costume and how he wanted to be a symbol and yada yada yada.

but the dude who becomes Bullseye is just a normal dude, no costume.

back in the Daredevil movie, Colin Farrell plays Bullseye and his costume/get up was just silly...he had a target etched on his forehead for whatever reason...

I guess the bottom line is comic books are silly and are supposed to be with the costumes...but now you have these shows and movies trying to make them more real and less silly...while The Boys is making sure it remains silly.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have been watching the 3rd season of Daredevil and there is a lot going on about his costume and how he wanted to be a symbol and yada yada yada.

back in the Daredevil movie, Colin Farrell plays Bullseye and his costume/get up was just silly...he had a target etched on his forehead for whatever reason...

I guess the bottom line is comic books are silly and are supposed to be with the costumes...but now you have these shows and movies trying to make them more real and less silly...while The Boys is making sure it remains silly.

it’s still definitely a symbol.

I hate how DD refuses to wear it in dd3 when he needs it for protection and causes him to lose the fight in the office

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it’s still definitely a symbol.

I hate how DD refuses to wear it in dd3 when he needs it for protection and causes him to lose the fight in the office
well to be fair, I don't think he knew to expect that in the office fight.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never seen Daredevil. When I read comics he wasn't a favourite. He's the blind guy right?

Super powers aside, it's hard to look manly in tights and a cape...

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen Daredevil. When I read comics he wasn't a favourite. He's the blind guy right?

Super powers aside, it's hard to look manly in tights and a cape...
yet, some of them are considered he definition of manliness...

and the show is actually pretty good. I'd recommend it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But in the Boys, the costumes are all part of the marketing for these guys. They actually go into it quite a bit with Sunflare (or whatever her name is). They want her to wear the skimpy costume for marketing, but she prefers the frumpy costume because of the image.

they explain the costumes in the corporate controlled hollow universe they occupy.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in the Boys, the costumes are all part of the marketing for these guys. They actually go into it quite a bit with Sunflare (or whatever her name is). They want her to wear the skimpy costume for marketing, but she prefers the frumpy costume because of the image.

they explain the costumes in the corporate controlled hollow universe they occupy.
right, it is all part of their brand, which goes with the world we live in today. I 100% think that is how superheroes would operate today, not as vigilantes out for justice.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get the marketing aspect of it in the show.

But in general, silly...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well to be fair, I don't think he knew to expect that in the office fight.

I mean after that fight.

it literally almost cost him his life In the church (being so stubborn)

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean after that fight.

it literally almost cost him his life In the church (being so stubborn)
maybe I am not to the fight you are talking about just yet...I just finished episode 8

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the marketing aspect of it in the show.

But in general, silly...
But flashy, and great for merchandise sales. That’s why they do it in the show. And in comics.

Bullseye has the target on his face in the comics (and the Afleck DD movie) to identify who he is. In a Boys-like universe, the villain would have no need for a costume because he wouldn’t be making movies or selling action figures, so no clearly identifiable facial tattoo. But in the comics, where different artists would draw the face differently, need some obvious characteristic so the reader knows exactly who they are looking at. Thus a face tattoo.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fun thing for me is they are part of a product for the usual ruthless corporation and for the most they are immensily flawed human beings if not outright villians.
I do enjoy that the heroes are actually the villains.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fun thing for me is they are part of a product for the usual ruthless corporation and for the most they are immensily flawed human beings if not outright villians.

Oh I like The Boys, will continue to watch.

Just aren't adding to my play list.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

when you have to keep creating false narratives for image and agenda you have keep doing worse things to cover it up.

the left has been using this playbook for years

• Clown

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So am I supposed to like anyone?

I guess the black guy on the anti supes team?