• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Precisely, I fear RW's career will be curtailed because he's the only person on the team and has to run to win games sometimes. Dude ran three straight times in the end of the game just to beat the 49ers last week.
Yeah his running game has let him down, they never properly replaced ML

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dylan also needs to gain around 35 pounds.

Well, the new Michigan weight room is gonna be finished in approx. 5 months.

New Michigan weight room renovation timeline details revealed

Dylan McCaffrey is pretty darn skinny.... I guess that's why he's wearing a redshirt this year. He has a lot of bulking-up to do. But again.... he does have those McCaffrey genes.

4822315.jpg

Last edited:

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I stated how impressed I was with Alex Hornibrook last week already. When I watched many of the passes I noticed he had more velocity on the pigskin than normal. honestly his passes looked 5-7 MPH faster. I know there's a difference in elevation at BYU but I doubt it would make a significant difference. I think the major difference is he's stepping into the throws, has confidence in his WR's and I believe he had a finger injury last week as well. His arm strength was his second biggest weakness and it looks noticibly improved so combine that with his incredibly high accurracy and we finally have ourself a QB for a change.

See if you guys notice the difference from this game on some of his passes to any game tape of last season.

Last week vs BYU

Last year vs Michigan where he was the MVP for Michigan

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time Iowa played at night at Kinnick Stadium. #5 Michigan at UR Iowa

Nearly a decade ago. #3 Penn State at UR Iowa

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you hopeful or calling the home team win??

Hopeful. I would be more optimistic if it was late October or November, but Iowa has too many question marks. But I thought Iowa had no shot those 2 games I posted and kind of have the same feel. Iowa hasn't played well and those teams are top of conferences at the time of the game.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I stated how impressed I was with Alex Hornibrook last week already. When I watched many of the passes I noticed he had more velocity on the pigskin than normal. honestly his passes looked 5-7 MPH faster. I know there's a difference in elevation at BYU but I doubt it would make a significant difference. I think the major difference is he's stepping into the throws, has confidence in his WR's and I believe he had a finger injury last week as well. His arm strength was his second biggest weakness and it looks noticibly improved so combine that with his incredibly high accurracy and we finally have ourself a QB for a change.

See if you guys notice the difference from this game on some of his passes to any game tape of last season.

Last week vs BYU

Hornibrook has a range problem. He tends to underthrow his receivers when he throws it deep. He does have decent velocity on 15-20 yard passes and the playcalling needs to reflect that.

allup8679

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you hopeful or calling the home team win??

Reason for optimism: We're 4-3 against Top 5 teams in the last 10 years.
Reason for nopetimism: Inexperienced playmakers behind Wadley and MVB.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When Penn State's visit to Kinnick Stadium was announced as a prime time kickoff last week, it took about four seconds for the panic to set in for many Nittany Lion fans. The dread took on many forms. From "we can never beat them at night" to "they always ruin our season", the concern was real.

Certainly, Penn State fans that go back to the first decade of the 21st century know where that trepidation comes from. From 2000 to 2010, the Lions and Hawkeyes met a total of nine times, with Kirk Ferentz going 8-1 in those meetings. Not only did Iowa dominate the series over those nine meetings, several of those games are remembered for all of the wrong reasons.

There was the 20-point Penn State comeback in 2002, only to fall in overtime on a pair of dubious officiating calls. The 2004 game never happened and will not be discussed. In 2008, the Lions went to Iowa City at No. 3 in the nation, only to blow a nine-point fourth quarter lead, and lose on a last-second kick. That result would keep Penn State from playing for a national title. The following year, No. 5 PSU hosted the Hawkeyes under the lights but was outclassed for much of the game en route to a 21-10 loss. In 2010, the festivities were back in Kinnick, in prime time, and the No. 22 Nittany Lions were run off of the field 24-3 by the No. 18 Hawks.
We can stop the article right there. It gets less interesting after that (tells how these two have done since).

In reality, it is a good preview from Penn State's POV.

allup8679

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When Penn State's visit to Kinnick Stadium was announced as a prime time kickoff last week, it took about four seconds for the panic to set in for many Nittany Lion fans. The dread took on many forms. From "we can never beat them at night" to "they always ruin our season", the concern was real.

Certainly, Penn State fans that go back to the first decade of the 21st century know where that trepidation comes from. From 2000 to 2010, the Lions and Hawkeyes met a total of nine times, with Kirk Ferentz going 8-1 in those meetings. Not only did Iowa dominate the series over those nine meetings, several of those games are remembered for all of the wrong reasons.

There was the 20-point Penn State comeback in 2002, only to fall in overtime on a pair of dubious officiating calls. The 2004 game never happened and will not be discussed. In 2008, the Lions went to Iowa City at No. 3 in the nation, only to blow a nine-point fourth quarter lead, and lose on a last-second kick. That result would keep Penn State from playing for a national title. The following year, No. 5 PSU hosted the Hawkeyes under the lights but was outclassed for much of the game en route to a 21-10 loss. In 2010, the festivities were back in Kinnick, in prime time, and the No. 22 Nittany Lions were run off of the field 24-3 by the No. 18 Hawks.
We can stop the article right there. It gets less interesting after that (tells how these two have done since).

In reality, it is a good preview from Penn State's POV.
Fuck Penn St

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Iowa's Spirit Game. Iowa is one of the best at pulling it off.

kinnick-night.jpg

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances Nebraska's Memorial Stadium doesn't sellout this season?

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am usually a home underdog fan but want to see an undefeated Penn St in the CCG against an undefeated Wisconsin

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we allowed to give some props to the BIG10 fans at all here?

Provo bar had 'biggest day ever' financially with Wisconsin fans in town

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/provo-...inancially-wisconsin-fans-town-140705804.html

When Wisconsin fans took a trip to Provo, Utah, over the weekend to see their Badgers take on BYU, they didn’t have many options to choose from for their pregame festivities.

The large majority of Provo’s population are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and do not drink. Folks in Wisconsin, well, they drink a lot, so it had to be a little bit of a culture shock to find out Provo (population: 115,000) has just two (2) bars.

But they adjusted just fine.

Wisconsin fans, in town to watch their Top 10-ranked team take on BYU, had cleaned him and his bar — ABG’s Libation Emporium — out of a few items after he decided to open at 10 a.m. Saturday — two hours earlier than usual — ahead of the game’s 1:30 p.m. kickoff.

“We had 17 people come in the door at 10 o‘clock and about 35 or 40 follow them instantly,” Whiting said. “It was just a constant influx.”

Gary Whiting, the owner of ABG, told the Tribune Saturday was “the biggest day” he’s had at the bar financially, tripling the bar’s usual income. He also had high praise for the temperament of the Wisconsin fans.

Whiting said ABG’s capacity is 128 people and that the bar was “packed” for three hours with patrons who were “a little loud,” but otherwise were the best group of traveling fans he’s seen in 27 years of ownership.

“It was a wonderful thing,” he said. “The people from Wisconsin are fabulous. They’re the nicest, funnest people we’ve ever had here.”

“We didn’t run out of (anything but Pabst beer), but they did drink a lot. It was way fun. They were all very nice.”

Provo’s other bar, City Limits, also made sure to open early — at 10 a.m. — for Wisconsin fans. The most popular drink choices for the Badger fans? Bud Light and Fireball whisky.

And once they made their way over to LaVell Edwards Stadium, the good vibes continued. Not only did their Badgers win 40-6, but many were surprised by the hospitality and friendliness of the BYU faithful.

“It was like the twilight zone,” said a smiling Brian Bay, uncle of the team’s long snapper, who came up from Phoenix with a group of Wisconsin supporters.

“The nicest fans in the world,” friend Mike Stakemiller said of the home crowd.

Something tells me Utah fans wouldn’t get the same treatment, but it’s always the right thing to make a good impression on the fanbase of a school that won’t have many chances to visit your town and campus.

BYU will complete the home-and-home series by traveling to Madison next September. Wisconsin fans will definitely return the favor.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last week vs BYU

I wouldn't get too crazy yet. You have to look at the teams he is throwing against. Between FAU, BYU and Utah State, they have 0 wins against FBS teams and their only wins are Idaho State, Portland State and Bethune Cookman. Not including Wisconsin, they are 0-4 in FBS games losing by an avg of 26 ppg.

I have no doubt Hornibrook will get stronger, but he will never be known as a QB to stretch the field with his arm. Arm strength is something you are blessed with, you can slightly improve it but it isn't something that you can teach. It has to do with hand size, body type, etc. -- think of it like the MLB and how some pitchers can throw 100, others only 90.

The good thing for Wisconsin -- they aren't a team who spreads it out and throws a ton of deep balls. Another good thing for Wisconsin, they play in the West, which looks terrible this year and you don't face OSU or PSU.

I can't see anyone beating Wisconsin, until Michigan makes Wisconsin's offense look silly again. :behindsofa:

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a supposed "QB Whisperer"

Harbaugh's QB play at Michigan has been pretty mediocre so far.

I think he gets a little too much credit for Andrew Luck. It's hard to screw up a special talent like that.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots to learn yet. No team really had a huge OOC win save maybe Michigan and I'm still not sure how good Florida is. When you're 1/4 of the way through the season and you can argue that a road win at Iowa State is your leagues second best OOC win I think it's safe to say you don't know much bout the league