• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What all goes into "offensive points"?

I see it as the offense scoring a TD, PAT, 2 pt conversion, 3 pt field goal.

Does not include pick 6, fumble recovery in endzone, safety, KR/PR for TD. Blocked fg for TD, defense returning PAT/2 point conversion for 2 points.

Everything goes into it, just as everything goes into defensive points allowed. It is the nature of the beast.

Michigan didn't beat Florida 33-3 in the first game, with an asterisk for 2 defensive touchdowns by Florida. It was 33-17.

If you look at defensive rankings for 2017 -- Michigan will be listed as giving up 17 ppg against Florida. They don't care if you threw a pick six, because the offense becomes the defense once a turnover occurs and vice versa.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is so difficult to understand? All points scored against a team counts against the defense, whether it is a pick 6, special teams TD, etc.

When you look at Michigan's defensive PPG -- it doesn't have an asterisk that says, this is the actual PPG and this is the PPG allowed by offensive mistakes. Just like with the offensive PPG, where the defense becomes the offense on a turnover. The SAME happens when the offense turns the balls over, they become the defense.

If you wanted to be literal and only count points by certain factions of a team, the offense would only count TD's scored and NOT extra points, with the exception of 2 points conversions. The special teams would include extra points and field goals. You'd have a category return TD's, both punt and kickoff, then you'd have a separate category for defensive touchdowns.

Instead, what you have is a consolidated PPG, which is why I said you couldn't provide a link saying otherwise (and you have not), because it is negligible and it'd be impossible to come up with something fair. Total yards and defensive efficiency is the closest you will get.

That being said -- UM averaged 40.3 PPG last year, which 'bad offenses' don't do.
You said Michigan's OFFENSE scored 40.3 points per game last year, which they did not. I said they looked like shit against Wisconsin, which they did.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said Michigan's OFFENSE scored 40.3 points per game last year, which they did not. I said they looked like shit against Wisconsin, which they did.

Since they did not -- feel free for the TENTH TIME, to post a CFB, NCAA or any other link that agrees with you.

I'm still waiting patiently.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since they did not -- feel free for the TENTH TIME, to post a CFB, NCAA or any other link that agrees with you.

I'm still waiting patiently.
Are you that bad in math that you have to have a website do it for you? It's not that tough. It's been listed out for you, twice.

They all say Michigan. None say Michigan's OFFENSE like you stated. Michigan's offense did no score more than 40 points per game. You are either the dumbest person on this website or you are trolling. I'm going to go with troll since you argued that Nick Saban is a bad coach.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the point of this entire argument :scratch:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you that bad in math that you have to have a website do it for you? It's not that tough. It's been listed out for you, twice.

They all say Michigan. None say Michigan's OFFENSE like you stated. Michigan's offense did no score more than 40 points per game. You are either the dumbest person on this website or you are trolling. I'm going to go with troll since you argued that Nick Saban is a bad coach.

Still waiting for that link. They make lists of leaders for EVERYTHING, so you should easily be able to provide one. Yet, you cannot.

Let me know when you finally figure out why you cannot find it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is no point. Samurai didn't like my response to his 'bad offense' comment, when I pointed out UM was one of 10 teams to average 40 ppg last year.

He also doesn't like that I've asked a very simple question -- to provide a link where UM did not average 40 ppg. He cannot, which I already knew he wouldn't be able to, so now I'm just having fun laughing at each response.

Lot of time on my hand on Wednesday's, kid is in pre-k in the morning, so helps pass the time. :lol:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for that link. They make lists of leaders for EVERYTHING, so you should easily be able to provide one. Yet, you cannot.

Let me know when you finally figure out why you cannot find it.
You still haven't provided one for how many points Michigan's OFFENSE scored per game. You made the claim, so it's on you to provide the proof.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no point. Samurai didn't like my response to his 'bad offense' comment, when I pointed out UM was one of 10 teams to average 40 ppg last year.

He also doesn't like that I've asked a very simple question -- to provide a link where UM did not average 40 ppg. He cannot, which I already knew he wouldn't be able to, so now I'm just having fun laughing at each response.

Lot of time on my hand on Wednesday's, kid is in pre-k in the morning, so helps pass the time. :lol:
I said they looked like shit against Wisconsin you illiterate moron. They did.

You said that the OFFENSE scored 40 points per game. They didn't.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wouldn't call them a bad offense, but wouldn't call them a good offense either. Missing some homerun hitters and consistent play from Speith

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now you're just straight up lying. That's cool. Do you not remember saying offense?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He posted something factually incorrect, I called him out on it, and now he is back pedaling trying to hide behind some bullshit excuses because he knows he was wrong and got caught.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty sure all trustmeimwrong is trying to say is Jimmy Jam's totally awesome & all CFB fans should worship him in the same manner he does.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He posted something factually incorrect, I called him out on it, and now he is back pedaling trying to hide behind some bullshit excuses because he knows he was wrong and got caught.

:pound: Keep looking for that link to prove me wrong. It is humorous, because you are looking for something that isn't there, yet do not know why. :pound:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound: Keep looking for that link to prove me wrong. It is humorous, because you are looking for something that isn't there, yet do not know why. :pound:
It's similar to if I was saying that Michigan's defense gave up 30 points to Ohio State. They didn't. And when you would inevitably call me out on it, I say "show me a final score that shows less."

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you start the hike during the CFB season last year? UM's bad offense was one of only 9 teams to average 40 ppg.

Went from talking about offense to team, once proven wrong...

Keep lying though.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's similar to if I was saying that Michigan's defense gave up 30 points to Ohio State. They didn't. And when you would inevitably call me out on it, I say "show me a final score that shows less."

Still waiting. And we did give up 30 points to OSU. At some point you will realize, interception returns count toward the defense PPG, just as defensive TD's count toward offensive PPG.

Until then -- keep looking for that link.