• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State should not be top 5 after getting destroyed.

And Iowa won by 7 over Minnesota last week. I almost put OSU above Iowa because OSU has looked very good after OU to last week. Almost had PSU and Michigan above OSU and Iowa bump PSU. That was a tough group to rank.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Iowa won by 7 over Minnesota last week. I almost put OSU above Iowa because OSU has looked very good after OU to last week. Almost had PSU and Michigan above OSU and Iowa bump PSU. That was a tough group to rank.

This is why I do my rankings based on who looks like the better team right now.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My B1G Power Rankings after Week 10

1. Wisconsin (9-0, 6-0)- Last Week: 2 - Sometimes, playing cupcakes has its advantages, as long as you win. The Badgers are taking advantage. Wisconsin had a good number of offensive players out, and that did not slow them down. They have been held under 20 once and allowed more than 20 once.

2. Northwestern (6-3, 4-2)- Last Week: 4 - After starting 2-3 with blowout losses to Duke and Penn State, the Wildcats have won 4 straight. Now, they haven't dominated, but they have won 3 straight overtime games now. They lost to WIS by 9 and beaten MSU, Iowa, and Penn State (all top half of this ranking).

3. Michigan State (7-2, 5-1) - Last Week: 5 - The Spartans have the tie breaker vs Penn State and Michigan. Will they get it vs Ohio State next week? Of course, PSU lost the week before to Ohio State and Ohio State got dominated today by Iowa. For the 2nd straight week Lewerke threw for 400+ yards.

4. Iowa (6-3, 3-3) - Last Week: 7 - The Hawkeyes have an offense? Who knew? They went from 11th in the B1G to 4th in PF vs B1G. They are #2 in PA vs B1G, facing #1, #2, #3, #5, #13, and #14 in PF vs B1G. Josey Jewell leads the B1G in tackles. Joshua Jackson leads the nation in pass deflections and 2nd in interceptions. Iowa has played 7 opponents who are bowl eligible and will face another one next week at Wisconsin.

5. Ohio State (7-2, 5-1) - Last Week: 1 - Last two weeks, Ohio State has given up 93 points. They allowed 108 in their first 7 games combined, and 55 of those happened against the 11th scoring team in the B1G. Though they squeeked out the win. JT Barrett's game was nearly as bad as his gave vs 31-0 L to Clemson. Now, they can nearly clinch the B1G East with a win over Michigan State next week.

6. Penn State (7-2, 4-2)
- Last Week: 3 - Two weeks ago, Penn State looked like a lock to win the B1G title. Now, they have no shot at winning their division. They needed a last second touchdown to defeat Iowa and they lost to Ohio State and Michigan State the last two weeks. They are one of two teams to score more than 200 points vs B1G.

7. Michigan (7-2, 4-2)- Last Week: 6 - I know, I dropped Michigan a spot after a 33-7 win, but they beat Minnesota. They have yet to beat a team with a winning record. They are 2-2 in their last four games. Their B1G wins are against teams that are 6-18 vs B1G opponents.

8. Nebraska (4-5, 3-3) - Last Week: 8 - The Huskers have lost 3 games in their last 4. However, those 3 losses came vs #1, #2, and #5. They also had 1-point win vs Purdue. They are the highest losing record team on this ranking.

9. Rutgers (4-5, 3-3) - Last Week: 10 - Rutgers have won 3 of their last 4 games. Of course, those three teams are below them on this list, but still.

10. Maryland (4-5, 2-4) - Last Week: 9 - The Terps has lost 4 of their last 5 games. Their win was a 3 point win vs Indiana. With Michigan, MSU and Penn State left on their schedule, a bowl game does not look promising.

11. Purdue (4-5, 2-4)- Last Week: 11 - What is interesting about Purdue is they have actually scored more than they have allowed vs B1G opponents. They are the only B1G that can say that, Northwestern is a winning record team with only 5 more points scored than allowed.

12. Minnesota (4-5, 1-5) - Last Week: 12 - BTN has talked a lot about this team leading up to the season and even in September. They were the #1 defense in the B1G. They have now lost 5 of their last 6 games with their sole victory against Illinois.

13. Indiana (3-6, 0-6) - Last Week: 13 - The Hoosiers have given up more points vs B1G opponents than any B1G team. Maryland is the only other team to allow more than 200 vs B1G opponents. Only one team will be winless vs B1G next week when Indiana faces Illinois.

14. Illinois (2-7, 0-6) - Last Week: 14 - Illinois is on a 9-game B1G game losing streak. They are the only B1G team to score 200 points and 150 vs B1G.
The sad state of the big ten. Wisconsin looked like dog shit for 3 quarters, again, but by default are the only hope left. God speed (unless we play you)

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I do my rankings based on who looks like the better team right now.

I try to go by last 3-4 weeks/games, but doesn't always work that way. I don't go by their last performance with consideration who they play. I do reference past a month, but that is to make the stats easier.

If there wasn't so many 4-5, that would make those much easier as well.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JT is a lock for the award that looks like his pose in this pic after the Iowa game.

hi-res-bd57cd80ed93e113af4be813a86bb311_crop_exact.jpg

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My B1G Power Rankings after Week 10

1. Wisconsin (9-0, 6-0)- Last Week: 2 - Sometimes, playing cupcakes has its advantages, as long as you win. The Badgers are taking advantage. Wisconsin had a good number of offensive players out, and that did not slow them down. They have been held under 20 once and allowed more than 20 once.

2. Northwestern (6-3, 4-2)- Last Week: 4 - After starting 2-3 with blowout losses to Duke and Penn State, the Wildcats have won 4 straight. Now, they haven't dominated, but they have won 3 straight overtime games now. They lost to WIS by 9 and beaten MSU, Iowa, and Penn State (all top half of this ranking).

3. Michigan State (7-2, 5-1) - Last Week: 5 - The Spartans have the tie breaker vs Penn State and Michigan. Will they get it vs Ohio State next week? Of course, PSU lost the week before to Ohio State and Ohio State got dominated today by Iowa. For the 2nd straight week Lewerke threw for 400+ yards.

4. Iowa (6-3, 3-3) - Last Week: 7 - The Hawkeyes have an offense? Who knew? They went from 11th in the B1G to 4th in PF vs B1G. They are #2 in PA vs B1G, facing #1, #2, #3, #5, #13, and #14 in PF vs B1G. Josey Jewell leads the B1G in tackles. Joshua Jackson leads the nation in pass deflections and 2nd in interceptions. Iowa has played 7 opponents who are bowl eligible and will face another one next week at Wisconsin.

5. Ohio State (7-2, 5-1) - Last Week: 1 - Last two weeks, Ohio State has given up 93 points. They allowed 108 in their first 7 games combined, and 55 of those happened against the 11th scoring team in the B1G. Though they squeeked out the win. JT Barrett's game was nearly as bad as his gave vs 31-0 L to Clemson. Now, they can nearly clinch the B1G East with a win over Michigan State next week.

6. Penn State (7-2, 4-2)
- Last Week: 3 - Two weeks ago, Penn State looked like a lock to win the B1G title. Now, they have no shot at winning their division. They needed a last second touchdown to defeat Iowa and they lost to Ohio State and Michigan State the last two weeks. They are one of two teams to score more than 200 points vs B1G.

7. Michigan (7-2, 4-2)- Last Week: 6 - I know, I dropped Michigan a spot after a 33-7 win, but they beat Minnesota. They have yet to beat a team with a winning record. They are 2-2 in their last four games. Their B1G wins are against teams that are 6-18 vs B1G opponents.

8. Nebraska (4-5, 3-3) - Last Week: 8 - The Huskers have lost 3 games in their last 4. However, those 3 losses came vs #1, #2, and #5. They also had 1-point win vs Purdue. They are the highest losing record team on this ranking.

9. Rutgers (4-5, 3-3) - Last Week: 10 - Rutgers have won 3 of their last 4 games. Of course, those three teams are below them on this list, but still.

10. Maryland (4-5, 2-4) - Last Week: 9 - The Terps has lost 4 of their last 5 games. Their win was a 3 point win vs Indiana. With Michigan, MSU and Penn State left on their schedule, a bowl game does not look promising.

11. Purdue (4-5, 2-4)- Last Week: 11 - What is interesting about Purdue is they have actually scored more than they have allowed vs B1G opponents. They are the only B1G that can say that, Northwestern is a winning record team with only 5 more points scored than allowed.

12. Minnesota (4-5, 1-5) - Last Week: 12 - BTN has talked a lot about this team leading up to the season and even in September. They were the #1 defense in the B1G. They have now lost 5 of their last 6 games with their sole victory against Illinois.

13. Indiana (3-6, 0-6) - Last Week: 13 - The Hoosiers have given up more points vs B1G opponents than any B1G team. Maryland is the only other team to allow more than 200 vs B1G opponents. Only one team will be winless vs B1G next week when Indiana faces Illinois.

14. Illinois (2-7, 0-6) - Last Week: 14 - Illinois is on a 9-game B1G game losing streak. They are the only B1G team to score 200 points and 150 vs B1G.
NW way overranked here. OT wins/losses are, by their essence, not convincing enough to be determinative, so don't worry about placing them relative to Iowa and MSU. NW slots in nicely before or after Michigan.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Iowa count as a cupcake if the Badgers beat them? :shrug:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah was ranked in the final CFP with 4 loses last season.

A bunch of teams were ranked with 4 losses. I guess Iowa could be ranked with 4 losses. Doubt they will with 5 though. If Iowa doesn't finish Top 25 (or not Top 25 on Selection Sunday), I don't think they would be considered cupcake but wouldn't be an amazing win either. borderline quality given theirl schedule.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mid 40s and sunny forecast in Columbus this weekend for the Michigan State game! :yes:

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bunch of teams were ranked with 4 losses. I guess Iowa could be ranked with 4 losses. Doubt they will with 5 though. If Iowa doesn't finish Top 25 (or not Top 25 on Selection Sunday), I don't think they would be considered cupcake but wouldn't be an amazing win either. borderline quality given theirl schedule.

I think Iowa should be ranked if they say lose a close game on the road vs Wisconsin then win out. They would have all quality losses (including two close one's vs top 15 teams) and destroyed a top 15 team and a solid OOC win vs Iowa st who might be still ranked as well.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mid 40s and sunny forecast in Columbus this weekend for the Michigan State game! :yes:

If it's not crap weather with a ton of rain OSU should have a good chance of winning. IDK if I expect them to be PO'd and play their best game of the year or be depressed that their season is over in terms of CFP and just tank. I think Myer should have them ready to rock.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Iowa should be ranked if they say lose a close game on the road vs Wisconsin then win out. They would have all quality losses (including two close one's vs top 15 teams) and destroyed a top 15 team and a solid OOC win vs Iowa st who might be still ranked as well.

Believe it or not, North Texas could be a 9-10 win team this season. Wyoming could be an 8-9 win team.

Untitled.jpg

Also, Cowherd just said Iowa is now 21 years old. They are no longer the Fake ID of college football.