• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Best and Worst Off-season Moves For Your Team

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Evans is in the best move list, you may have issues. He couldn't make a team with arguably the worst O-line in the NFL last year.

Just sayin.'

Ah that could just be that those on Seattle who evaluate the talent of O line players have fucking clue that they are looking at. I mean look at the Seattle O line last year. Any Packer back up would have been a starter on that O line.

Some interesting links here. One states the Seattle Oline must be better as they let Evans go? Then we have a link that asks if the new draft pick Efedi the guy starting instead of Evans is the worst guard in the league?

Seahawks cutting Jahri Evans proves OL is better

Is Germain Ifedi the worst guard in the NFL?

Looking at rankings at the end of last year it looks like Seattle should have kept Evans

NFL1000: Final Regular-Season Breakdown of the League's Top Players

O line ranking players comparing Seattle and GB

LT Sea = 38th of 40 players GB = 4th of 40 players
RT Sea = 32cnd of 40 players GB = 2cnd of 40 players

Guards - they did not break down a difference between left of right guard just all the guards together

Sea = LG Glowinski was 45th of 78 players and RG Ifedi was 76th of 78 players
GB = LG Taylor 33rd of 78 and RG Lang 8th of 78 players

And last we look at centers

Sea = 21st of 38 players GB = 16th of 38 players.

Jahri Evans was ranked 56th of the 78 guards that played enough to get ranked. It appears Glowinski was rated a bit higher than Evans but the guy Seattle used to start instead of Evans was 2 spots away from being the worst guard that was ranked. Seattle would have been much better at right guard keeping Evans.

This tells us one of 2 things when looking at why they did not keep him.

1. Seattle sucks at evaluating O line talent and could not see Evans would be better than starting a new rookie who failed.

2. Evans being a veteran player cost to much to keep because the front office had to start cutting down on player salaries to help the cap because they now have to actually pay a QB and they went with what they thought decent option starting a cheap rookie that did not work out so well.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best: Cutting Jay Cutler

Worst: Cutting Jay Cutler

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said he couldn't make a team with arguably the worst O-lines in the NFL last season but he started all sixteen games for an above average O-line last year. No reason to get mad bro.

Yep, he couldn't make the Seahawks. What was going on in NO is anybody's guess. They CUT HIM in the first place.

And let's be clear, until you decided to get your panties in a twist, all I was saying is you may wan to reserve judgement. Maybe he's hit the HGH hard, and he's going to be a monster for you? Or he may not work out.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah that could just be that those on Seattle who evaluate the talent of O line players have fucking clue that they are looking at. I mean look at the Seattle O line last year. Any Packer back up would have been a starter on that O line.

Some interesting links here. One states the Seattle Oline must be better as they let Evans go? Then we have a link that asks if the new draft pick Efedi the guy starting instead of Evans is the worst guard in the league?

Seahawks cutting Jahri Evans proves OL is better

Is Germain Ifedi the worst guard in the NFL?

Looking at rankings at the end of last year it looks like Seattle should have kept Evans

NFL1000: Final Regular-Season Breakdown of the League's Top Players

O line ranking players comparing Seattle and GB

LT Sea = 38th of 40 players GB = 4th of 40 players
RT Sea = 32cnd of 40 players GB = 2cnd of 40 players

Guards - they did not break down a difference between left of right guard just all the guards together

Sea = LG Glowinski was 45th of 78 players and RG Ifedi was 76th of 78 players
GB = LG Taylor 33rd of 78 and RG Lang 8th of 78 players

And last we look at centers

Sea = 21st of 38 players GB = 16th of 38 players.

Jahri Evans was ranked 56th of the 78 guards that played enough to get ranked. It appears Glowinski was rated a bit higher than Evans but the guy Seattle used to start instead of Evans was 2 spots away from being the worst guard that was ranked. Seattle would have been much better at right guard keeping Evans.

This tells us one of 2 things when looking at why they did not keep him.

1. Seattle sucks at evaluating O line talent and could not see Evans would be better than starting a new rookie who failed.

2. Evans being a veteran player cost to much to keep because the front office had to start cutting down on player salaries to help the cap because they now have to actually pay a QB and they went with what they thought decent option starting a cheap rookie that did not work out so well.

So why'd they cut him in the first place? Because he was too expensive for what they got in return. Will he be servicable for you guys, maybe... I'm just saying putting him on your 'best' list may be... disappointing.

Good grief, how could I have such an opinion?!!!!

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst: not even attempting to sign a veteran edge rusher.
Best: allowing claiborne,carr,Wilcox and church to be overpaid by other teams and draftING 3 studs to replace them. The secondary will be very good during the second hAlf of the sEason as those rookies start to jell. Can the Cowboys survive the while the rooks have growing pains?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I have no clue.

Come back to me in about 2 years and I might have an idea

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, he couldn't make the Seahawks. What was going on in NO is anybody's guess. They CUT HIM in the first place.

And let's be clear, until you decided to get your panties in a twist, all I was saying is you may wan to reserve judgement. Maybe he's hit the HGH hard, and he's going to be a monster for you? Or he may not work out.

Hawks made a major mistake in not signing him as he would've easily been their best offensive linemen.

Last year he had an 85 for pass blocking with PFF which is great. Dude has a great mindset and attitude from the interviews I've watched so far. Not saying he'll be great but it was the best acquisition at the G position available. As long as he stays healthy I expect him to be just fine not all pro level that he once was but good enough.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks made a major mistake in not signing him as he would've easily been their best offensive linemen.

Last year he had an 85 for pass blocking with PFF which is great. Dude has a great mindset and attitude from the interviews I've watched so far. Not saying he'll be great but it was the best acquisition at the G position available. As long as he stays healthy I expect him to be just fine not all pro level that he once was but good enough.

Meh, no. Britt was really solid all year long. In fact the interior of the line made good progress as the year went on. We were hooped at tackle, and Evans wasn't going to play tackle.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst: not even attempting to sign a veteran edge rusher.
Best: allowing claiborne,carr,Wilcox and church to be overpaid by other teams and draftING 3 studs to replace them. The secondary will be very good during the second hAlf of the sEason as those rookies start to jell. Can the Cowboys survive the while the rooks have growing pains?

Can't really say if they're gonna be studs or scrubs. DB is the hardest position to draft IMO. Look at Dallas the seem to nab all pros EVERY year in the 1st round but the only 1st rounder bust they selected in almost a decade was a DB.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first round pick is not a big deal to BB and Caserio, and there is no guarantee of a big contract the Pats are known for grabbing a guy for a season then letting him go. This being said, yes its worth it if the Pats win the SB next year

Not trying to say youre wrong but you don't give up a 1st for a one year rental... especially considering how well NE drafts. If he has a huge year and Brady pockets another SB at the end of his career that's fantastic. But a first for a one year rental... hmmmmm. I don't know. They won a SB without him and their receivers seemed dope to me. But you have to take in consideration I watch the Eagles so I don't even know what a good receiver looks like.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to say youre wrong but you don't give up a 1st for a one year rental... especially considering how well NE drafts. If he has a huge year and Brady pockets another SB at the end of his career that's fantastic. But a first for a one year rental... hmmmmm. I don't know. They won a SB without him and their receivers seemed dope to me. But you have to take in consideration I watch the Eagles so I don't even know what a good receiver looks like.

NE doesn't normally draft in the first round so giving up a first is no big deal for them. Their scouts are tremendous at building their squad with mid round picks.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Pats have traded out of the first round before picking at #32 us not like picking at 10 12 18 or 24. Cooks has more value than the 32 pick and if he helps secure another Lombardi, money well spent.