• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Best and Worst Off-season Moves For Your Team

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers:

Worst moves:

1.) Don't resign the best offensive FA we've ever had in the Rodgers Era and the best TE we've ever had in the same time period. Jared Cook was the MVP in the postseason for us after Rodgers and the dude was outstanding. Rodgers said we must keep him. Well old TT let's him go.

2.) Signs a loud mouth less skilled backup for more money than we could've gotten Cook for in Martellus Bennett. Terrible signing and it will bring back the nightmares of having the cancer Jermichael Finley on the team.

3.) Release our best C and a first time Pro Bowler and under 30 years old TJ lang.

4.) Don't resign CB Hyde. He was our best DB last season and made many game saving plays but TT was to cheap again to resign him. This was like when we let go of House and Casey Hayward for nothing and the following years they became pro bowl caliber players.

Best moves:

1.) Sign Devon House. Dude was able to cover Calvin Johnson and Julio Jones when with the Packers and he had the best season ever as a Jag his first year. He's exactly what we needed in a veteran big CB that can lock down elite big WR's.

2.) Sign G Jahari Evans. This was necessary only because TT was too cheap to resign two other offensive linemen and this 33 year old is just a one year gap fill in. However, if he remains healthy he can be a really good player.

Overall, we got worse at O-line, and TE while paying slightly less money. We didn't acquire a RB in FA so we drafted 3 fucking RB's. Hopefully one turns out to be decent. On defense which was the real issue it improved based on talent but our defense will still suck since we have Dom Capers aka Dumb Crapers as the D coordinator.

Free Agency Grade: C+
Draft Grade: B+

Things that must happen for the Packers to become a SB team Fire TT, and Capers ASAP. Bring in a solid 3-4 D coordinator and secondary coach. We have the talent but not the coaching to get it done.

Prediction: 11-5 and lose in the NFC championship again.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Evans is in the best move list, you may have issues. He couldn't make a team with arguably the worst O-line in the NFL last year.

Just sayin.'

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Evans is in the best move list, you may have issues. He couldn't make a team with arguably the worst O-line in the NFL last year.

Just sayin.'

Seahawks had the worst offensive line in the NFL last year according to pro football focus.

Evans started all 16 games all of last season on an above average offensive line(according to pro football focus)

PFF graded out Evans as a 77 which is above average but below an all pro level. However his pass blocking was an 85 which is close to an all pro level.

Looks like you were sayin nothing right.

just sayin

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Evan was on the best move list because we let go of an all pro caliber G so it was the best move available at the time.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just sayin.'

FO mentioned they should have kept Evans.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deleted for my apparent stupidity....

:(

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And btw, don't fucking tell me Seattle had the worst O-line in the NFL, when I just finished typing up a post telling YOU that Seattle had the worst O line in the NFL.

See how that works?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles...

Best= Getting Wentz weapons who can actually catch Alshon Jeffrey. Avoiding what they did to a young McNabb

Worst= The worst secondary in the league and we're two spots from getting the best CB in the draft and use there 2nd rounder on a top 15 talent who probably won't play this year. Not a SB team either way so maybe it's smarter for the future.

Wild Card= signing a ton of guys to one year deals
I think the strategy is to let them walk and get a slew of compensatory picks??

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best
Signing Brandon Marshall
Drafting the TE from Ole Miss

Worst
Not signing Legarette Blount
Not upgrading the Oline enough

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots:

Best: I know this will be argued because people are hyped about Cooks but I feel the best move was Stephon Gilmore. With Butler being here through next season and a seasoned Safety core I feel the Pats now have one of the best secondaries in football. And when Butler leaves next year Gilmore will step right in with one season in our system under his belt.

Worst: Not dealing Butler or Garrapollo , this was all about future picks or more picks the Patriots are all about depth and additional picks would have been nice. With next years QB class I feel the could have signed a QB and gotten picks for Jimmy G.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots:

Best: I know this will be argued because people are hyped about Cooks but I feel the best move was Stephon Gilmore. With Butler being here through next season and a seasoned Safety core I feel the Pats now have one of the best secondaries in football. And when Butler leaves next year Gilmore will step right in with one season in our system under his belt.

Worst: Not dealing Butler or Garrapollo , this was all about future picks or more picks the Patriots are all about depth and additional picks would have been nice. With next years QB class I feel the could have signed a QB and gotten picks for Jimmy G.

Obviously I'm in no position to criticize who I think is the greatest coach ever but I don't get the Cooks move. A first rd. pick AND a new contract. Maybe for someone like Randy Moss buy Cooks? When I watch the Patriots I don't sit there and think... damn, all they need is a WR?
But I'm sure Bill B sees something I dont.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I'm in no position to criticize who I think is the greatest coach ever but I don't get the Cooks move. A first rd. pick AND a new contract. Maybe for someone like Randy Moss buy Cooks? When I watch the Patriots I don't sit there and think... damn, all they need is a WR?
But I'm sure Bill B sees something I dont.
It was IMO about speed, Cooks will stretch the field which will open up the middle of the field a lot more for Gronk. I feel this was about more about securing another ring for TB 12,.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was IMO about speed, Cooks will stretch the field which will open up the middle of the field a lot more for Gronk. I feel this was about more about securing another ring for TB 12,.

Yes, totally but is that worth a first and a big contract? Finding speed receivers aren't that difficult. Why not keep the 1st and sign Desean Jackson... not that Desean is a Patriot type personality. Like I said, who am I to criticize BB but the part I didn't get was a big new contract AND a 1st???

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And btw, don't fucking tell me Seattle had the worst O-line in the NFL, when I just finished typing up a post telling YOU that Seattle had the worst O line in the NFL.

See how that works?

You said he couldn't make a team with arguably the worst O-lines in the NFL last season but he started all sixteen games for an above average O-line last year. No reason to get mad bro.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots:

Perhaps Garrapollo is the QB of the future. That's the only reason the Pats would keep him because his value was very high.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, totally but is that worth a first and a big contract? Finding speed receivers aren't that difficult. Why not keep the 1st and sign Desean Jackson... not that Desean is a Patriot type personality. Like I said, who am I to criticize BB but the part I didn't get was a big new contract AND a 1st???

The first round pick is not a big deal to BB and Caserio, and there is no guarantee of a big contract the Pats are known for grabbing a guy for a season then letting him go. This being said, yes its worth it if the Pats win the SB next year

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps Garrapollo is the QB of the future. That's the only reason the Pats would keep him because his value was very high.
With this I agree, and non of us here know that. The Pats seem to like him but it's a very distinct possibility BB was playing possum trying to run the price up.